Dayton at Baytown Lee Game Thread/Dayton Wins!!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="869226" timestamp="1286585853"]
I can remember back when Lee has some good programs. Wow they are horrible now, but I have a feeling Dayton is also that good. Congrats Broncos
[/quote]

Gotta be a combination....don't think we're going to average 20 yards/play against too many teams.  Offense has really been coming on as turnovers have gone down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the ponies slipped by with another squeeker....... ;D

Crosby was getting hammered by CE King.  Dayton better watch CE King's speed.  They are fast, and no not Dayton fast, really fast.  At 1/2 it was 28 King and 3 Crosby.  Crosby looked terrible again.

Guest octfeb
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2010&tpl=Boxscore&ID=74991&Sport=1&TeamID=103&SearchType=Teams

Guest octfeb
Ok heard from an insider over there at Lee that the high school had a announcement over the high school loud speaker that if anyone was interested in playing football to come see the coaches and they would put them in a uniform. Not sure if this was last year or this year. Can anyone confirm any of this? It didn't look like they had a whole lot of players either tonight. #15 from Lee tell me that wasn't a cast on his arm. I mean if it was a cast, just makes my first statement believable. And another thing other then the one time the LEE coach had any emotion on the field, I didn't see any thing out of the coaches. I guess I am just use to the Dayton coaches having their emotions flying all over the place with the players. Good and bad. I will have to say their QB could be good if he had something to work with. And I dont mean that in a mean way towards his team mates. They play how their coached. JS

I thought the Lee team had some decent size and good speed. Definitely had some athletes suited up. I'm not from Baytown or have never lived there, but I remember some better days for Lee. They have a lot of history at that school and it's a shame to see it come to this. Good luck in the future Ganders, I would like nothing better than to see Robert E. Lee High make a comeback.

Great effort by the Broncos to stay focused in a game where the opponent was clearly over-matched. The experience the reserves are getting will definitely pay off in the future. Hope the starters keep in shape to play a complete game, as there are many good teams to be faced in the playoffs. Congratulations to the Broncos and the coaching staff. 

I parked on the wrong side of the stadium and sat in the stands with the gander fans.  Talk about some frustrated fans.  I don't want to get into some of the things I heard, but if you are going to be as negative as the group sitting behind, there is no need to do it so loudly.

My impression:  Ton of positives for the broncos.  Lee had some good players, just a poor system.  One thing I did notice was that the bronco offensive line got pushed around a bit at the beginning of the game.  When entering any physical conflict the means to victory is overwhelming violence of action.  Basically the battle in the trenches is always won by the unit that is meanest and smartest.  I'd like to see the line develop more of a nasty streak.  (I did like seeing #55 blocking 30 yards downfield on a run play, way to keep looking for someone to hit.)

GAME HIGHLIGHT:

There was a little kid, about 5 or 6 years old, sitting a few rows in front of me.  The broncos beat lee so soundly that he was actually crying and kept saying, "they're bullies mommy, they're bullies".  I thought, no little kid, they're not bullies....they're winners!  Good job guys, way to make a little kid cry.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83