Shepherd vs. Huffman Game Thread/Huffman Wins/Comments

I saw that, I'm worried. Hopefully he just rolled it or a sprain. He was able to be helped off the field, so let's hope...

In the way of the game, we kind of let things start sliding in the second half. Our D wasn't near as sharp. No surprises, just stuff to improve on before Coldspring and the playoffs.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="871193" timestamp="1286719215"]
Dude they beat them by 27 and they were up 35-0 at half. How big a blowout do u want lol.
[/quote]
They were up 35-0 in the first half because the Pirates turned the ball over numerous times in the rezone and continued shooting themselves in the foot, not because the Huffman D stopped them, The Pirates outscored the Falcons in the 2nd half when they stopped turning the ball over. This ball game would have been a lot different had Shepherd played without the turnovers. I’m not saying Shepherd would have won, but it could have been a lot closer. Also, Huffman's passing attack is legit. Their offense is a lot more balanced in the passing attack this year, as they throw to ALL they’re receivers and ALL of them can make plays. They're pretty scary on offense. They just really need to stiffen up the run D before the Coldspring game if they want to stop them. I'm not trying to take anything away from Huffman; they're a really good team, just not great yet and have a few things they need to fix before they want to become legitimate play-off threat to go deep in the play-offs.

Huffman is for real on Offense, no doubt about that, but their defense is not as strong as I thought they would be, Huffman is a legit team but don't think they will be able to hang in there with Coldspring (team speed is going to be way to fast and Coldspring is way more physical than Shepherd.) Shepherd did hurt themselves in the first half with turnovers while they were moving the ball on Huffmans defense. But at no time in that game was Huffman not in control of the outcome. Shepherd played them pretty well in the second half once they figured out a few things on the pass defensive side of it. Huffman has to learn to stop the run. Shepherd on the other hand is still very young but that shouldn't be an excuse this late in the season, I can see them getting better with every snap and I will say this now, next year they will be a very good team with a ton of kids that are going to just be jr. and soph. Since we have played both Huffman and Coldspring I am going to have to give the nod to Coldspring but not by as much as people think, Coldspring better learn out to cover the pass cause Deberry is for real and the wideouts are good, but Coldspring will be too much, but you never know that is why you play the game.

Did Huffman score after both of those turnovers? So I would say yes they did. No one is taking away from the fact that Huffman is a good team, but it seems like when people point out things on a good team that need to be fixed, people don't like hearing that. What I am saying is the teams you have played besides K-Park are not in the same league as Coldspring. So hang on to that "Huffman is only giving up 14 points a game" and after Coldspring and the first round of the playoffs we will re-visit that comment. Huffman is a good team no one is taking that away from them, but the defense I saw last Friday night will not keep them in the game against Coldspring or the first round of the playoffs unless they can score 70 points.

Huffman is good on O but haven't seen anyone with speed like Coldsprings Defense.  They have the best team I have ever seen them have and I have been around this area for a while.  The bad thing is that Coldspring is also just as good on the other side of the ball.  Gotta keep ur offense on the field an keep theirs off because they are going to score.  I say it is Coldspring by 2 touchdowns, eventhough that isn't the game that is being played this week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder