PN-G Excuses

Guest BIG HOUSE

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="863589" timestamp="1285994704"]
[quote author=mj-7 link=topic=73838.msg863585#msg863585 date=1285994573]
Could not believe listening to the radio and before PNG got the ball back at the end of the game, numerous fans were leaving out the gate. WOW...practically unheard of from PNG fans.
[/quote]

NO IT'S NOT!  They always leave when it "looks" like we are going to lose.  Most sat on their hands the entire night.  Truthfully,  I don't know why they even show up!
[/quote]

That's what we like to call 2%ers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses here, great job by Neumann AS USUAL. I have always said he is responsible for the success Nederland football has had since hes been there.I can think back of the coaches before and the records. A week ago more than half of Nederland was ready to get a piece of rope and hang him from the Market Basket sign. I've read posts about the defense or the spread offense. I'm reading the same ones now about PNG's D here and at PNG site. But, sometimes the coaches can only work with  the personnel they have. These kids are working hard as they can and doing the best they can, sometimes you just line up against someone better across from you.....Congrats Nederland on the win, good game.

Guest BIG HOUSE
There are three things I like most about football :

1st. is a DALLAS COWBOY LOSS
2nd. is a PN-G LOSS
3rd. is a Nederland LOSS....well got to see one of them already and the week aint over yet  ;D ;D ;D ;D

congrats NEDERLAND ! You guys just put it together last night ! I stayed the entire game. My voice is gone. Young team with great talent ! should be a force over the next few years. Also remember that our JV is pretty good. So now my Father who is a NEDERLAND fan is gonna be poking me all year. Oh well thats whats fun about it ! Again congrats on a great game.

[quote name="Raider88" post="863723" timestamp="1286005103"]
;D  ;D 7th grade!! What a JOKE!! Lumberton beat Nederland 50-0 7th grade A team!! So I guess we should mark these guys as State Champs, LMAO!! WHATEVER

When they start playing on Friday night is when it counts, NOT Thursday or Tuesdays!!
[/quote]

Central Middle School is only 10% of the 7th & 8th grade talent... Lets see what you have to say after you play CO Wilson. Besides you are not the only ones beating Central that way....

Bru was talking talents in the school system anyway, it only counts on FRiday nights!!!!!!

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="863838" timestamp="1286028889"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=73838.msg863579#msg863579 date=1285994333]
And our fans sucked,  but that's not why we lost either.
[/quote]WHaaaaaaat? Now I can honestly say I've never heard anyone say that PNG fans sucked.
[/quote]Let me rephrase that, I've never heard anyone FROM PNG say their fans sucked.

No excuses. We have lost 4 games for a combined 17 points. Last year we were able to pull out these close games, but our defense is no where close to being where it was last year which = 4 loses. Defense wins and loses games and ours has cost us 4 games...period!!

[quote name="player66" post="863836" timestamp="1286028784"]
[quote author=Raider88 link=topic=73838.msg863723#msg863723 date=1286005103]
;D  ;D 7th grade!! What a JOKE!! Lumberton beat Nederland 50-0 7th grade A team!! So I guess we should mark these guys as State Champs, LMAO!! WHATEVER

When they start playing on Friday night is when it counts, NOT Thursday or Tuesdays!!
[/quote]

Central Middle School is only 10% of the 7th & 8th grade talent... Lets see what you have to say after you play CO Wilson. Besides you are not the only ones beating Central that way....

Bru was talking talents in the school system anyway, it only counts on FRiday nights!!!!!!
[/quote]

10% of the talent? You sound like one of those nose in the air COW fans! If that's so why do so many Central players play on Friday nights? COW just has a better coach that's all but when they get under Neumann their talent comes out!

I learned a long time ago not to count on what great things kids do in jr.hi., 9th and JV games to always carry over to varsity and playing under the Friday night lights.  PNG's JV was undefeated last year and Vidor's JV was 9-1.  Combined varsity record halfway through the season:  2-8.

From what I saw, neither team could stop Betty White from scoring a touchdown.  Which has been the case for the last 3-4 weeks.  Wether your're a Indian or a Bulldog, I don't think any of you should start thinking about a new set of tires to make any playoff trips.

[quote name="dugout6" post="863936" timestamp="1286037368"]
From what I saw, neither team could stop Betty White from scoring a touchdown.  Which has been the case for the last 3-4 weeks.  Wether your're a Indian or a Bulldog, I don't think any of you should start thinking about a new set of tires to make any playoff trips.
[/quote]Look Smitty's got a new log- in name...WHAT EVER GUY >:(

[quote name="pngfan1" post="863746" timestamp="1286020422"]
No excuses here, great job by Neumann AS USUAL. I have always said he is responsible for the success Nederland football has had since hes been there.I can think back of the coaches before and the records. A week ago more than half of Nederland was ready to get a piece of rope and hang him from the Market Basket sign. I've read posts about the defense or the spread offense. I'm reading the same ones now about PNG's D here and at PNG site. But, sometimes the coaches can only work with  the personnel they have. These kids are working hard as they can and doing the best they can, sometimes you just line up against someone better across from you.....Congrats Nederland on the win, good game.
[/quote]Newman better thank his lucky stars he has Sonnier back ;) ...But it is a big win and I am glad to be a bulldog ...Congrats guys Beat the lions Friday..

[quote name="heartattack90" post="864814" timestamp="1286106501"]
[quote author=dugout6 link=topic=73838.msg863936#msg863936 date=1286037368]
[/quote]
Neither team is bad , our district is tougher than usual this year. Nederland beat PNG who had a chance to beat Gregory Portland , a team that will do well in the playoffs. PNG played them a better game than Corpus Christi Calallen did the following week. I'm telling ya'll our district is good this year.

[quote name="heartattack90" post="864817" timestamp="1286106754"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=73838.msg863746#msg863746 date=1286020422]
[/quote]Newman better thank his lucky stars he has Sonnier back ;) ...But it is a big win and I am glad to be a bulldog ...Congrats guys Beat the lions Friday..
[/quote]
Very good observation, Nederland is a different team with Sonnier back.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="864818" timestamp="1286106795"]
[quote author=heartattack90 link=topic=73838.msg864814#msg864814 date=1286106501]
[/quote]
Neither team is bad , our district is tougher than usual this year. Nederland beat PNG who had a chance to beat Gregory Portland , a team that will do well in the playoffs. PNG played them a better game than Corpus Christi Calallen did the following week. I'm telling ya'll our district is good this year.
[/quote]

District is wide open, but to say the district is real good is a stretch. You throw Kirbyville, Bridge City and WOS in 20 4A this year they all could advance.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="864838" timestamp="1286112267"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=73838.msg864818#msg864818 date=1286106795]
[quote author=heartattack90 link=topic=73838.msg864814#msg864814 date=1286106501]
[/quote]
[/quote]

District is wide open, but to say the district is real good is a stretch. You throw Kirbyville, Bridge City and WOS in 20 4A this year they all could advance.
[/quote]
After watching Kirbyville last night I would have to say they would be District 20 4A champs. They looked better than anybody I have seen this year in 20 4A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics