All Around Better League, TIFI, Lonestar, STJFL??

Betrayed

We have played against the Lonestar Champs last year. Played STJFL for several years. Now playing Pop Warner. As far as talent goes, there are talented kids in all of the associations. Kids are kids and talent is where you find it. A big part in youth football is coaching and teaching also. As far as talent goes, I don't think you can say it's better in one or the other. Maybe we can have a big playoff after the season for all of the local teams that win in each association.

I don't think you can say one is better then another. They all serve their purpose for the family's in them.  They all have good athletes, because they all teach their kids about more then just football. I believe they all put the kids 1st.  One kid maybe a superstar in one league and not in another.  They all have plus and minus reasons to join, depending on if you talk to a happy parent or a unhappy one.  The biggest downfall for TIFI is the travel to Houston area for at least 5 games. The Bulls usually make it a all day thing, traveling together by teams, some even go up the night before. They also get to see other talent out there, they might come across in high school playoffs, instead of just local talent.  Lone star and STJFL are local and easier on the travel.  Just depends on what is best for you and yours.

[quote name="mfd814" post="861516" timestamp="1285862901"]
I don't think you can say one is better then another. They all serve their purpose for the family's in them.  They all have good athletes, because they all teach their kids about more then just football. I believe they all put the kids 1st.  One kid maybe a superstar in one league and not in another.  They all have plus and minus reasons to join, depending on if you talk to a happy parent or a unhappy one.  The biggest downfall for TIFI is the travel to Houston area for at least 5 games. The Bulls usually make it a all day thing, traveling together by teams, some even go up the night before. They also get to see other talent out there, they might come across in high school playoffs, instead of just local talent.  Lone star and STJFL are local and easier on the travel.  Just depends on what is best for you and yours.
[/quote]
Good post!!!!!

[quote name="mfd814" post="861516" timestamp="1285862901"]
I don't think you can say one is better then another. They all serve their purpose for the family's in them.  They all have good athletes, because they all teach their kids about more then just football. I believe they all put the kids 1st.  One kid maybe a superstar in one league and not in another.  They all have plus and minus reasons to join, depending on if you talk to a happy parent or a unhappy one.  [size=10pt][color=red]The biggest downfall for TIFI is the travel to Houston area for at least 5 games. [/color] [/size] The Bulls usually make it a all day thing, traveling together by teams, some even go up the night before. They also get to see other talent out there, they might come across in high school playoffs, instead of just local talent.  Lone star and STJFL are local and easier on the travel.  Just depends on what is best for you and yours.
[/quote]I wouldn't consider that a downfall. Don't you think its better to play some of the future 5a players rather then staying local and only playing against 1-4a schools.

[quote name="BAM2000" post="861564" timestamp="1285865757"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=73711.msg861556#msg861556 date=1285865011]
This is what seperates the 3 leagues

TIFI  5a
STJFL 4a
Lonestar 1-3a
[/quote]
stjfl has a bmt league so throw in a 5a for stjfl> i like the idea of the winners in each league to play the others at the end of season.
[/quote]That would be awsome. The funds can go to Reggie Garrett!! Hey Coop, you should hook this up. Do like a youth All-Star game between the 3 leagues or take the Super Bowl winners and let them play. Winner of those 2 play the Bull teams. Far as Flag, STJFL vs Lonestar all star teams or Super Bowl winners

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="861551" timestamp="1285864685"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=73711.msg861516#msg861516 date=1285862901]
I don't think you can say one is better then another. They all serve their purpose for the family's in them.  They all have good athletes, because they all teach their kids about more then just football. I believe they all put the kids 1st.  One kid maybe a superstar in one league and not in another.  They all have plus and minus reasons to join, depending on if you talk to a happy parent or a unhappy one.  [size=10pt][color=red]The biggest downfall for TIFI is the travel to Houston area for at least 5 games. [/color] [/size] The Bulls usually make it a all day thing, traveling together by teams, some even go up the night before. They also get to see other talent out there, they might come across in high school playoffs, instead of just local talent.  Lone star and STJFL are local and easier on the travel.  Just depends on what is best for you and yours.
[/quote]I wouldn't consider that a downfall. Don't you think its better to play some of the future 5a players rather then staying local and only playing against 1-4a schools.
[/quote]
I wouldn't consider this a downfall eather but its like she said "just depends on what is best for you and yours."

the breakdown for the STJFL is as follows

4 4a schools, Lumberton, Nederland, PNG, and Vidor
3 3a schools, WOS, Bridge City, Orangefield
1 2a school, kountze

Little Cypress does not combine with Mauriceville so it more like 2.5a if there is such a thing
BMT is like a 4a because of where they pull from.
STJFL is a pretty diverse group

[quote name="In Limbo" post="862056" timestamp="1285898580"]
the breakdown for the STJFL is as follows

4 4a schools, Lumberton, Nederland, PNG, and Vidor
3 3a schools, WOS, Bridge City, Orangefield
1 2a school, kountze

Little Cypress does not combine with Mauriceville so it more like 2.5a if there is such a thing
BMT is like a 4a because of where they pull from.
STJFL is a pretty diverse group
[/quote]
i will ask our nederland board to think about end of year playoffs, all i hear from bmt is the bulls!!!! that is a basketball team. dawgs would love to chew on a bull

TIFI Beaumont Bulls is not a all star select team.  They are kids from Beaumont, with a few from Cheek.  It is 1st come , 1st sign up, 1st 25 to sign up are in, reserved players from the previous year are guaranted a spot on the 1st sign up date. There are no tryouts, like you have in select.  I think other teams in this area would given the Bulls a good game.

I thought that you had a couple from HJ.

Collecting kids from Beaumont is drafting from the biggest group of talent in SE Texas. How many elementary schools are in Beaumont while most towns surrounding Beaumont have one? First come, first served? I was under the wrong impression. How does all that talent show up in the first 25?

[quote]The TIFI league that the Beaumont Bulls plays in do not allow 7th graders.  You can also live anywhere around here and play. You are not restricted do to where your house is. They used to play in Lone Star and decided to go back to TIFI. [/quote]

[quote name="mwmuck" post="862635" timestamp="1285959305"]
First come, first served? So if the first 25 are dumplings then the sponsors and volunteers are going to travel to Houston 5 times a season to get pounded unmercifully by teams that are recruited for talent?

Please.
[/quote]

Absolutely, we do not turn the kids away(after 25 we start a waiting list). We play with what we get. The sophomore team from the 2008 season won a single game the whole season with second string players on the last drive in overtime. We take what we get and make a team. Good, bad, or otherwise....

we send flyers out to the schools and post signs all over town but we don't have tryouts.....

[quote name="mwmuck" post="862677" timestamp="1285963039"]
I stand corrected.

Has it always been this way and is it that way with all of the TIFI teams you play?
[/quote]

We have been with the league since 2008 and it has been that way since then, I honestly don't know before that. The ONLY concession we offer is that a returning player from the following year has the ability to sign up early. We only offer one early (returning players) registration each year.

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="861171" timestamp="1285807710"]
What league will be considered "The Best" if there's 1?? Or how would ya'll rank them 1,2,3
[/quote]

This is ridiclous post in my opinion. All leagues rank 1 for the simple reason they all provide an oppurtunity for kids to play ball & cheer. Also, there is no way anyone can say their league is more competetive than the other. Every league at every age division talent changes from year to year. Besides all the league have different age and weight requirements. 

[quote name="player66" post="862736" timestamp="1285967936"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=73711.msg861171#msg861171 date=1285807710]
What league will be considered "The Best" if there's 1?? Or how would ya'll rank them 1,2,3
[/quote]

This is ridiclous post in my opinion. All leagues rank 1 for the simple reason they all provide an oppurtunity for kids to play ball & cheer. Also, there is no way anyone can say their league is more competetive than the other. Every league at every age division talent changes from year to year. Besides all the league have different age and weight requirements. 
[/quote]
good post!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder