SELECT SOFTBALL

LULUJUJU

Guest tappedout
RL is your daughter's old coach Regina. You need to calm down a little, some of these folk's put a lot time and effort because they can't find anyone any better than them. I'd hate to see someone have to pull one of those lil bat's out!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**********SETX SECURITY ALERT*********
potential virus threat
.......executing datadump.exe/secure/softball/arena
runj=filter-chk-private__messages
PMdetected@1900
run deencrypt.exe
Hey tappedout this is lululujuju do u still post on setx....tappedout..reply= yes waz up....lulu.reply =urgent need of backup in softball
Tappedout reply= on my way got yo back...
datadump.exe terminated

Security risk is minimal no real threat .....end job

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="859591" timestamp="1285640956"]
**********SETX SECURITY ALERT*********
potential virus threat
.......executing datadump.exe/secure/softball/arena
runj=filter-chk-private__messages
PMdetected@1900
run deencrypt.exe
Hey tappedout this is lululujuju do u still post on setx....tappedout..reply= yes waz up....lulu.reply =urgent need of backup in softball
Tappedout reply= on my way got yo back...
datadump.exe terminated

[b]Security risk is minimal no real threat .....end job[/b]
[/quote]

Weed , once again you're doing....well let's just say it's your WeedLatin stuff. There's no way that these two will get this.  :D H*!! I'm, still trying to get LULU (a.k.a SFB) to spell "stupid". :D  Gotta love the newbie, know it all advice givers. They do keep threads rolling.........Glory days from 6u Gold Ball!!!

Oh i finally get it.....WEEDBEGONE!!!!!!!!  You either are a little landscaping weed picker or work for Terminix....Guess thats what you mean by exe. terminated.....LMAO  Come over and landscape my new home i just bought and I promise I will pay you more than the 3 dollars an hour you make!! LOL

Guest tappedout
LULUJUJU,

You stirred the pot and got all these people speculating that your daughter was cut off of a team because she didn't get to play the position that she wanted to play. I figured out who you were and chatted a little bit and now they want to get me involved. Then they even knew you from some problem's at the beginning of season. Man, some of these people like to speculate and that was opening up a whole new topic. Was yall's 8U team that good to win every tournament or was the coach just that good? Did you have to pay her? I heard ya'll won so much that the Nederland coaches were so jealous and sold their soul and joined force's with the PN coach and half of the girl's. I'm not really sure but that's what I heard. I heard that coach hollered so much because yall's girl's were hard of hearing. On a serious note I do have a lot of respect for the coaches that take their time to coach and have to put up with all of the BS that goes their way. I've been there and sometimes you think that the reward is not worth it. The problem with 10U is there are several team's and every team need's player's so they get watered down with girl's that should be playing league. But a lot of times some of these girl's develope later and become good player's. So what do you do? I just want to sit back and be as quite as I can and let the coaches handle their job. Sometimes I may not agree with everything but I put the trust into her coaches. My job is to keep working with her on off day's and make sure that the game is fun. When it is not fun anymore than it's time to hang it up. The coaches have a lot to do with that part, too.

Yes indeed tappedout!! Our 8u team was that good!! And one of the major factors was that your daughter was a member of the team...Hope she is doing well now..We could have been alot better with a little better coaching!!  LOL  Just glad we had the girls with the natural physical abilities...I wasn't trying to stir the pot and make people think that i was some disgruntled parent that his daughter got cut off some team...I was simply trying to make a simple point that I was and still am disappointed with the QUALITY of coaching around here...Let me know when your daughter plays as I would love to come watch her play!!  Take care

Guest Breakercoach
I can see the point (not necessarily the way it is posted though) LULU the majority of the ones replying to you have gone through the process and their own kids and/or the ones they coached play college ball now because of them!

You have a young player so I am not sure if you know the amount of work that goes into the recruiting process, so yes, your post does make some offended.

LULU, I see no problem discussing this but things were getting too personal. You basically said there were no "good" coaches in the area, so of course people are going to be offended. Have you seen everyone and why do you believe that? What are the specific problems as you see it. You talk about kids and coaches that are not A-Ball material, but won't time take care of that. Each year the numbers will pare down as players discover that this sport is not for them and the concentration of good players will become stronger and stronger. There have been some very good coaches in the past in this area at 10U and suspect there are some now and will be again. The key would be for a coach or organization to be so attractive that most of the good players would flock to them. That team could then be selective as to the players that they accept. Another problem is that at this age a lot of players (or their parents) are not interested in a lot of travel. Lastly there is no wrong approach only wrong matches. Some kids want to play a higher level but only for fun, while others have decided that softball is their love and want to play only at the highest level and may have decided that college is an option. At what age this happens, is probably variable, but it will happen. The bottom line is I have seen a lot of very good coaches and it is unfair to lump them all together because they are all different. I personally am very fond of a new 10U coach and I can tell you, she knows more about the game than most. That's jsut the way I see it.

Good post JT!I totally agree with what you said.My DD has played softball for 13,now going on 14 years.She started at a very young age of 4,now 17.We started her in "League Ball" from age 4-9,then moved on to "Select Ball" from age 10 to present.It was a very good move for her.She knew that she wanted to go on to play at a Collegiate Level fairly young.She is a Senior and currently looking a few Colleges over to attend to play Softball.We played on the local teams,but she decided to move on to an out of area team for certain reasons.All in all it is good.We as parents need to learn to support our kids,back them as much as possible.I have always said,my daughter is the one on the field.I am just there to cheer her on!As for the Coaches,I praise them for giving all their spare time to the kid's.I know that they would not do it, if they really did not want to.Men and women working full time jobs,having families...but yet take the time to practice and coach our kids.I would like to say Thank You! to all of my DD's coaches past to present!

[quote name="MOMMA2" post="860504" timestamp="1285734955"]
Good post JT!I totally agree with what you said.My DD has played softball for 13,now going on 14 years.She started at a very young age of 4,now 17.We started her in "League Ball" from age 4-9,then moved on to "Select Ball" from age 10 to present.It was a very good move for her.She knew that she wanted to go on to play at a Collegiate Level fairly young.She is a Senior and currently looking a few Colleges over to attend to play Softball.We played on the local teams,but she decided to move on to an out of area team for certain reasons.All in all it is good.We as parents need to learn to support our kids,back them as much as possible.I have always said,my daughter is the one on the field.I am just there to cheer her on!As for the Coaches,I praise them for giving all their spare time to the kid's.I know that they would not do it, if they really did not want to.Men and women working full time jobs,having families...but yet take the time to practice and coach our kids.I would like to say Thank You! to all of my DD's coaches past to present!
[/quote]

Great post MOMMA.  Man you had me soooo fooled.  All these recent days I thought you were LULU and went undercover.  LOL

BTW---looking forward to seeing your DD knock the PP  out of the BB.  8)

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="860552" timestamp="1285763063"]
[quote author=MOMMA2 link=topic=73596.msg860504#msg860504 date=1285734955]
[/quote]

Great post MOMMA.   Man you had me soooo fooled.  All these recent days I thought you were LULU and went undercover.  LOL

BTW---looking forward to seeing your DD knock the PP  out of the BB.   8)
[/quote]LOL!!!Mr.Weed you know that I would have let you in on me going undercover!LOL!!

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="860425" timestamp="1285725684"]
LULU, I see no problem discussing this but things were getting too personal. You basically said there were no "good" coaches in the area, so of course people are going to be offended. Have you seen everyone and why do you believe that? What are the specific problems as you see it. You talk about kids and coaches that are not A-Ball material, but won't time take care of that. Each year the numbers will pare down as players discover that this sport is not for them and the concentration of good players will become stronger and stronger. There have been some very good coaches in the past in this area at 10U and suspect there are some now and will be again. The key would be for a coach or organization to be so attractive that most of the good players would flock to them. That team could then be selective as to the players that they accept. Another problem is that at this age a lot of players (or their parents) are not interested in a lot of travel. Lastly there is no wrong approach only wrong matches. Some kids want to play a higher level but only for fun, while others have decided that softball is their love and want to play only at the highest level and may have decided that college is an option. At what age this happens, is probably variable, but it will happen. The bottom line is I have seen a lot of very good coaches and it is unfair to lump them all together because they are all different. I personally am very fond of a new 10U coach and I can tell you, she knows more about the game than most. That's jsut the way I see it.
[/quote]

Show me where I said "there were NO good coaches"!!!  If you read an earlier post I commend the coach from 11U Orange Storm and I said I dont even know the guy..I have just witnessed and watched his coaching and I give credit where credit is due...Once again I believe I have offended a few people on here because maybe, just maybe they are second guessing their coaching skills!!  This topic is now mute...I have tried to make a point and not sure why a select few cannot understand that "IN MY OPINION I BELIEVE THAT 60-75% (NOT ALL) COACHES IN THIS AREA ARE CLUELESS!!!  If you still dont understand, I dont know what else to tell ya!!!

Johnny T...You also stated "The key would be for a coach or organization to be so attractive that most of the good players would flock to them. That team could then be selective as to the players that they accept."  I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU ANYMORE.. So you, yourself are saying that we do not have that here....THATS MY POINT!!  THANK YOU!!

The point there are lots of coaches, many of them good. But none that have seperated themselves from the pack to be considered the best in the area. That's a big difference. It doesn't mean that none are good, it means that one org is not perceptively better than another in the eyes of these kids andparent.

I would also tell you, as a parent ease back a notch, because it is along haul. Many a kid has became burned out before their time. Its a tough call, but you need to make it fun while still striving for excellence.

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="860697" timestamp="1285775252"]
Once again I believe I have offended a few people on here because maybe, just maybe they are second guessing their coaching skills!!  This topic is now mute...I have tried to make a point and not sure why a select few cannot understand that "IN MY OPINION I BELIEVE THAT 60-75% (NOT ALL) COACHES IN THIS AREA ARE CLUELESS!!!  If you still dont understand, I dont know what else to tell ya!!!
[/quote]

What's offensive are comments on here like this:

[quote author=LULUJUJU link=topic=73596.msg860697#msg860697 date=1285775252]
Look here you keyboard badA$$...  I have the right to post my opinion about any coach or coaches I please!!!  And IF I tickled your feathers and you have a problem with that I can easily be reached!!!!!!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANNA DO!!  [/quote]

You slam local coaches knowing, I'm pretty sure, that several current and former coaches read and contribute to this forum.  Then, when some call you out on your comments, you offer to fight?  Please.  Hopefully you won't take the advice of a couple of posters on this thread and coach yourself.  There is no place in youth sports for people who react this way when challenged.

BTW, the word is [b]moot[/b], not [b]mute[/b].  Mute is ......  nevermind.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83