Question About Lumberton's Scoreboard...

nation08

On the topic of scoreboards...

Huffman built that nice new stadium, but it's generally agreed upon that the videoscreen is too small to feasibly watch footage on. Sure, the TD/First down/good hit, etc animations are cool and viewable, but I don't think it's what people had in mind when we passed the bond for the all-inclusive stadium.

[quote name="head13" post="854816" timestamp="1285299888"]
I was shocked of how small the scoreboard was. Lumberton is 4a school with a youth football size scoreboard. I was excited that lumberton was getting a new digital scoreboard, got to the game and could not believe what i was looking at.
[/quote]

I was less than impressed myself.  But, to have a jumbotron like BISD and Lamar just put in, you got to have a million bucks.  Anyone got a spare million?  I don't.

[quote name="80raider" post="854973" timestamp="1285339211"]
What happened to all the money from playoff run in 08???????
[/quote]

No clue.  My son said that although they didn't get a new fieldhouse, they got new stuff, whatever "stuff" is.  I'm sure George Talbert made the decision on what it should be spent on, but I'm to the point, I want to see where the money goes.  It ain't the kids, it ain't maintenance.  It ain't for food (Daughter saw a box outside the cafeteria marked "Grade D But Edible"), so where the HELL is the money going?

Keep all of these thoughts in mind when you GO VOTE and get these people out simple as that, as for the scoreboard it is pretty chinchy and if you go and and get bids as i have done for another 20 G's they could have gotten one with a screen already in it. But hey we got a new one so woo hoo for us

[quote name="LTrain" post="855024" timestamp="1285343893"]
Keep all of these thoughts in mind when you GO VOTE and get these people out simple as that, as for the scoreboard it is pretty chinchy and if you go and and get bids as i have done for another 20 G's they could have gotten one with a screen already in it. But hey we got a new one so woo hoo for us
[/quote]

The problem is the only ones that vote are the ones that have been in Lumberton forever and are cronies of a certain person.  We'll never get them out with just those folks showing up to the polls.  I always vote against every single one of them.

[quote name="head13" post="854816" timestamp="1285299888"]
I was shocked of how small the scoreboard was. Lumberton is 4a school with a youth football size scoreboard. I was excited that lumberton was getting a new digital scoreboard, got to the game and could not believe what i was looking at.
[/quote]
My understanding is that the scoreboard is expandable, a video board and more can be added later.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="855033" timestamp="1285344271"]
[quote author=head13 link=topic=73365.msg854816#msg854816 date=1285299888]
[/quote]
My understanding is that the scoreboard is expandable, a video board and more can be added later.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's expandable.  But as long as it took to get this one, and what it took to get this one, I don't see that it will be expanded till I'm dead!

[quote name="Raider81" post="855030" timestamp="1285344140"]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=73365.msg855024#msg855024 date=1285343893]
[/quote]

The problem is the only ones that vote are the ones that have been in Lumberton forever and are cronies of a certain person.  We'll never get them out with just those folks showing up to the polls.  I always vote against every single one of them.
[/quote]
Instead of just voting against the status quo, RUN against it. I'm not sure where the money goes either, before she knew that money was donated specifically for the score board, my sister-in-law was unhappy that they put a new one up. Why? Because as a teacher in Lumberton, she has to cover her computer every night because the roof leaks in her class room.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="855040" timestamp="1285344529"]
[quote author=Raider81 link=topic=73365.msg855030#msg855030 date=1285344140]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=73365.msg855024#msg855024 date=1285343893]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Instead of just voting against the status quo, RUN against it. I'm not sure where the money goes either, before she knew that money was donated specifically for the score board, my sister-in-law was unhappy that they put a new one up. Why? Because as a teacher in Lumberton, she has to cover her computer every night because the roof leaks in her class room.
[/quote]

Well, you know it doesn't go to her salary either!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder