bmtqj33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="852633" timestamp="1285064502"]
Wow!  One ridiculous post after another here!   :D :D
[/quote]
[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/smoke.gif[/img][/url]       [url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif[/img][/url]    [url=http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-013.gif[/img][/url]    [url=http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-cartoon-022.gif[/img][/url]  [url=http://blog.sina.com.cn/wangmomo][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/tuzki-bunnys/tuzki-bunny-emoticon-007.gif[/img][/url]

[quote name="bh89-2" post="852644" timestamp="1285069605"]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=73256.msg852610#msg852610 date=1285046246]
WATCH OUT HERE WE COME BABY
[/quote]

I'll ride that ban wagon with ya.  Not like Centra has anthing to offer this year and PNG can't run with you.   
[/quote] ::) ::) And the 'Ant Mound' is talking..  ::)

[/quote]

I'll ride that ban wagon with ya.  Not like Centra has anthing to offer this year and PNG can't run with you.   
[/quote]
Still mad about last season's beatdowns

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like that has always mattered in the past? I guess Ozen has their first fast team ever.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="852652" timestamp="1285070496"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=73256.msg852644#msg852644 date=1285069605]
[/quote]

I'll ride that ban wagon with ya.  Not like Centra has anthing to offer this year and PNG can't run with you.    
[/quote]
[/quote]

You sir need to look-up "beatdown."  Way I recall it, you just slipped by with a win.  So if your theory holds water, would this video be a beatdown of Central?  [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaXJhZRAdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaXJhZRAdU[/url]   ;D ;D

Ozen - 2010 District Champs

[quote name="akifan94" post="852655" timestamp="1285070755"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Like that has always mattered in the past? I guess Ozen has their first fast team ever.
[/quote]

Well, new coaches are not so focused on making the VCR work after hours, so have a better game plan for using that speed.  ;) ;)

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="akifan94" post="852655" timestamp="1285070755"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

are we talking about the Ozan that played Kville this year?  They must have some talent hide somewhere if they are going to be district champs

I am not saying that they can't win district.  It's not impossible, it's just highly improbable.
At this point, and looking at all of the teams in their district, just making the playoffs is going to be tough.
I know that it's the fans talking, but Ozen should, and probably are, focused solely on Central right now.
I know that many, including myself, try to determine how a team will do based upon a common opponent, but head to head is different. 

Ozen has to take them 1 game at a time, beginning with Central this Friday.
As I said earlier, it's not impossible, but I still have to go with PNG as the favorite to win District 20-4A, until someone else shows different.  They are the current champs, and they have a pretty good squad that has returned.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="852657" timestamp="1285071062"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=73256.msg852652#msg852652 date=1285070496]
[/quote]

I'll ride that ban wagon with ya.  Not like Centra has anthing to offer this year and PNG can't run with you.    
[/quote]
[/quote]

You sir need to look-up "beatdown."  Way I recall it, you just slipped by with a win.  So if your theory holds water, would this video be a beatdown of Central?  [url=http://  ;D ;D

Ozen - 2010 District Champs
[/quote]I thought we were talking about Football? You ure take pride  in that lucky Fruit Roll Up Icecream scoop hot...   ;D ;D

[quote name="atb63" post="852673" timestamp="1285072799"]
I am not saying that they can't win district.  It's not impossible, it's just highly improbable.
At this point, and looking at all of the teams in their district, just making the playoffs is going to be tough.
I know that it's the fans talking, but Ozen should, and probably are, focused solely on Central right now.
I know that many, including myself, try to determine how a team will do based upon a common opponent, but head to head is different. 

As I said earlier, it's not impossible, but I still have to go with PNG as the favorite to win District 20-4A, until someone else shows different.  They are the current champs, and they have a pretty good squad that has returned.
[/quote]PN-G even though they have a losing record?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="852684" timestamp="1285073490"]
[quote author=atb63 link=topic=73256.msg852673#msg852673 date=1285072799]

[/quote]

PNG is a hard one to beat.  They have a good QB and and pretty good defense.  The one thing PNG does very well, they make few mistakes and play sound fundamental football.  No tricks or rabbits in hats, just straight-up good football.

As for Kirbyville, when yall gonna give them the respect they have earned.  Thats a pretty good squad in the pinywoods. 

BMTSoulja1, yes, I have to go with PNG, even though they have a losing record.  Look at the teams that they played, and both of those games were very close.  Since District play starts this week, I think that everyone is a contender, probably with the exception of Vidor, and Nederland's chances have dropped dramatically.

Livingston - I don't know anything about them.  I will pick them as the dark horse to make the playoffs.
Vidor - just don't think that they have the athletes this year to compete for the title or even a playoff spot.
Nederland - internal turmoil and QB issues.  Big question marks.
LCM and Lumberton - both have looked pretty good, and warrant consideration as a legitimate title contender, and definitely contenders for a playoff spot.
Ozen and Central - it's hard to gauge either team with their losses to WB and PAM, and their wins against weaker Houston teams.  Both have the athletes to compete for the title, and both have the athletes to make the playoffs.
PNG - reigning champs.  Despite their two close losses, they are a well coached team, and have the athletes to git'r done.

In my opinion, PNG is the favorite to win District 20-4A.  I could be proven wrong.

[quote name="atb63" post="852702" timestamp="1285075123"]
BMTSoulja1, yes, I have to go with PNG, even though they have a losing record.  Look at the teams that they played, and both of those games were very close.  Since District play starts this week, I think that everyone is a contender, probably with the exception of Vidor, and Nederland's chances have dropped dramatically.

Livingston - I don't know anything about them.  I will pick them as the dark horse to make the playoffs.
Vidor - just don't think that they have the athletes this year to compete for the title or even a playoff spot.
LCM and Lumberton - both have looked pretty good, and warrant consideration as a legitimate title contender, and definitely contenders for a playoff spot.
Ozen and Central - it's hard to gauge either team with their losses to WB and PAM, and their wins against weaker Houston teams.  Both have the athletes to compete for the title, and both have the athletes to make the playoffs.
PNG - reigning champs.  Despite their two close losses, they are a well coached team, and have the athletes to git'r done.

In my opinion, PNG is the favorite to win District 20-4A.  I could be proven wrong.
[/quote]Ball high is not a Houston team.  They are from Galveston.  They Made the playoffs last year and were picked to make the playoffs again as one of the biggest 4a chool in the state after dropping down fom 5a last year...

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="bh89-2" post="852686" timestamp="1285073776"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73256.msg852684#msg852684 date=1285073490]
[quote author=atb63 link=topic=73256.msg852673#msg852673 date=1285072799]

[/quote]

PNG is a hard one to beat.  They have a good QB and and pretty good defense.  The one thing PNG does very well, they make few mistakes and play sound fundamental football.  No tricks or rabbits in hats, just straight-up good football.

As for Kirbyville, when yall gonna give them the respect they have earned.  Thats a pretty good squad in the pinywoods. 
[/quote] your just stirring the Kville pot  lol

Yeah, BMTSoulja1, I know that Ball High is in Galveston, but it's considered the Houston area.
Although Ball High might be one of the biggest 4A enrollment schools, I think they are still suffering the affects of hurricane Ike.  That is not to take anything from the performance that Central had against them.  However, based upon 1 game against Ball, I can't make them the favorites.  They have the athletes to win it all, and so does Ozen, LCM, Lumberton, and PNG.  I think that either of these 5 teams could win district, and 4 of these 5 will make the playoffs.

It's just at this point, I have PNG slightly ahead as the favorite to win the district title.

[quote name="atb63" post="852702" timestamp="1285075123"]
BMTSoulja1, yes, I have to go with PNG, even though they have a losing record.  Look at the teams that they played, and both of those games were very close.  Since District play starts this week, I think that everyone is a contender, probably with the exception of Vidor, [b]and Nederland's chances have dropped dramatically[/b].

[/quote]

Why have Nederland's chances dropped dramatically? Is it because they are now healthy for the first time this season? How do you feel the teams you have above them would have done without their starting QB if they had to start a soph at QB who had never played varsity before? WO-S was just better than Ned. Ned's win against Goose Creek was against a rebuilding team. The Barbers Hill game was a loss and a good game. Nederland was without the QB and top 2 WR in that game as well. I am not saying that Nederland is a district champ favorite or anything, but to say their chances have dropped dramatically does not make sense to me. The top lineup has not even been on the field yet...

Jake,

The primary reason I said that Nederland's chances have dropped dramatically is due to the recent news article and developments on the team.  There appears to be dissention on the team and that is a huge distraction. Team harmony and chemistry is very important, and it does not look like Nederland has that at the moment.  Also, one of their top linemen, and who is also one of the team leaders, left the team and the school, and went to PNG.  Will the players rally around Coach Neuman and Forney as the QB?  That is the reason why I say that their chances of contending for the district title has dropped dramatically.

However, if you read one of my other previous posts, I said that Neuman can turn this around and quell some of the anxiety with a win, and they are playing Vidor.  Playing at Vidor might be a blessing in disguise for the team, because they might not have as many fans at the game as they would if they were playing at home, and they can focus more on the game.  A win will do wonders, and a strong performance would be icing on the cake.  This could be the turning point for Nederland and a win would give them momentum and confidence.  But, that remains to be seen.  A loss, and the storm would surely intensify.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami