KIRBYVILLE SOCCER FANS...BOARD MEETING 7PM TUESDAY NIGHT

triskiadeka

The board will meet at 7pm on Tuesday Night.  There will a short time of public statements, and we will try to present our petition and signatures (about 300 that I know of) to try to convince the School Board to start up Soccer at the JH and High school for the 2011-12 Season (for developement) and ready for the 2012-13 Season in the UIL Group (for where ever Kville may fall (3A or 2A).  The more support we have, the better it will look ( I hope ).

not sure about the the Jr. High part...

there are no other Jr. High soccer programs (in this area....I wish there was! but...)San Antonio, DFW, Houston have some Jr. High schools with soccer but that is more rare than the norm

another issue is that there is no 2A soccer at all...so it is 3A or nothing

[quote name="Newcastle" post="852203" timestamp="1285007652"]
not sure about the the Jr. High part...

there are no other Jr. High soccer programs (in this area....I wish there was! but...)San Antonio, DFW, Houston have some Jr. High schools with soccer but that is more rare than the norm

another issue is that there is no 2A soccer at all...so it is 3A or nothing
[/quote]

There's no 3A soccer either, unless they created it this year.  I played at HJ back in the day and we always had to play against 4A schools.  I know that they are getting close to having enough 3A schools to have 3A playoffs, but i don't know if they're there yet.

Rumor has it that there will be a 3A level of soccer within the next couple of years... rule says that you need at least 100 teams for the UIL to add that division in a sport, and there are currently around 80-90 teams i believe in 3A.. and if they were to add a 3A i believe that several 2A teams would add soccer teams because they would then be able to play up at the 3A level. I know Kirbyville would for sure have one even if they dropped to 2A, Kountze used to have a soccer team when they were 3A, but were forced to drop it after going to 2A

3A teams play in the 4A State Tournament, so there is 3A soccer...I already know you know that bullets so no nead to say so...and yes the state is working very hard to get the 3A teams in there own districts and yes they are waiting for a few more districts to "fill up"...which is why there is no 2A soccer which is why i made the comment 3A or nothing...

• 1 month later...
[quote name="hj_hawk_60" post="856555" timestamp="1285407101"]
Rumor has it that there will be a 3A level of soccer within the next couple of years... rule says that you need at least 100 teams for the UIL to add that division in a sport, and there are currently around 80-90 teams i believe in 3A.. and if they were to add a 3A i believe that several 2A teams would add soccer teams because they would then be able to play up at the 3A level. I know Kirbyville would for sure have one even if they dropped to 2A, Kountze used to have a soccer team when they were 3A, but were forced to drop it after going to 2A
[/quote]

There is no rule that states that there has to be 100 schools to add a new conference.  The UIL will add 3A soccer when they feel there are enough schools to make it viable.  The numbers have bounced from 120 - 150 within the UIL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83