As A sign of respect and support for the Garret family and all of WOS

kville

It is obvious that all of the local communities are comming together to show their respect and support after this tragic loss. I feel that something positive should come from it. Reggie Garrett's life was about more than football but he has touched a lot of lives doing what he loved. I believe that next friday night all of the teams in SETEX should be "one team". The young man was a leader and tried to be a positive example. Lets all wear his jersy number on game night players and fans. He can lead one team onto the the field in South East Texas.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kville" post="850253" timestamp="1284827445"]
It is obvious that all of the local communities are comming together to show their respect and support after this tragic loss. I feel that something positive should come from it. Reggie Garrett's life was about more than football but he has touched a lot of lives doing what he loved. I believe that next friday night all of the teams in SETEX should be "one team". The young man was a leader and tried to be a positive example. Lets all wear his jersy number on game night players and fans. He can lead one team onto the the field in South East Texas.
[/quote] That would be a noble gesture indeed !

The NFL players are holding up one finger before the game to signify "One Team, one Voice". They are a bunch of spoiled brats kicking their feet and holding their breath. I say we show them the true meaning of the game and what it can be when players, fans and coaches come together. Could be a tribute to true respect sportsmanship and pride people could carry with them forever. Not a bad way to be remembered.

[quote name="pirate supporter" post="850280" timestamp="1284830768"]
I hope this is something that can happen. I hope Deweyville does this in honor and respect of this young leader. Everyone in Deweyville can have respect for what WOS is going through in some regards. Our hearts and prayers go out to all impacted by this tragic event.
[/quote]
Yes unfortunately Deweyville has went through something similar with the loss of Destin and it helps to share in these trying times.

I really do want this to happen. If anyone has a contact, either a coach or school admin. Even better news media please pass the word and then post who has been contacted so we can know who has been covered. If everyone contacts someone a whole lot of people can be in by Friday.
#12 One Team!

I posted on facebook for people to contact their coaching staffs and do this very thing.  We all know that there is most likely 1 young man wearing #12 on each team but at the very least all teams need that jersey on a player.  Make each one the captain for the games at the very least.

I have spoke to several people and support is growing to remember this young man and what he believed in. Please pass on the following to anyone you can.

Please wear or bring signs with 112% on them. #12 was his number but 112% was significant to him beacuse he believed that is what he should always give. I was told he wore it written on his wrists on game nights.

Durring the moment of silence / prayer please hold one finger in the air to represent Reggie Garrett's One Team. He can lead not just WOS but all of the teams in SETEX for another Friday night.

I would love to see his family and friends see just how many people have been touched by this and want to show their respects.

[quote name="kville" post="850361" timestamp="1284837880"]
I have spoke to several people and support is growing to remember this young man and what he believed in. Please pass on the following to anyone you can.

Please wear or bring signs with 112% on them. #12 was his number but 112% was significant to him beacuse he believed that is what he should always give. I was told he wore it written on his wrists on game nights.

Durring the moment of silence / prayer please hold one finger in the air to represent Reggie Garrett's One Team. He can lead not just WOS but all of the teams in SETEX for another Friday night.

I would love to see his family and friends see just how many people have been touched by this and want to show their respects.
[/quote]

I will on Friday night!

I am going to talk to parents here in Kville about possibly having shirts made for this friday nights football game.If you are interested in 1 please send me a PM. I think this is a great way to honor Reggie. I hope Coach Alvarez does something here. Cant wait to see! I agree with having #12's from both teams being captain and I think everyone should kneel during coin. Great ideas!!!!!

Guest rykerx144
I spoke to a distant family members but a good friend of his this morning.  I didnt know about the 112 until he told me about it.  The way he described it was " 12 was who he was, but 112 was what he believed in!"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics