Friendswood at Houston Stratford Game Thread/FW Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="rjn75" post="843573" timestamp="1284167692"]
FW d is pathetic.  I guess they think they will score 40 each game.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]That's what one of the fellows from FW said earlier today on a thread...he said they were gonna give up points so hopefully they can score more than give away eh? He said that they had some injuries but wasn't using that as an excuse.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="843721" timestamp="1284171483"]
[color=navy][b]Stratford 14 [color=black]4th[/color]
'da Wood 24[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Maybe that defense isn't as "bad" as someone thought... Maybe they just played 2 great offenses... I see Angleton has put 17 on Daytons defense so far.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="843733" timestamp="1284171640"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=72776.msg843721#msg843721 date=1284171483]
[color=navy][b]Stratford 14 [color=black]4th[/color]
'da Wood 24[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Maybe that defense isn't as "bad" as someone thought... Maybe they just played 2 great offenses... I see Angleton has put 17 on Daytons defense so far.
[/quote]

D played better , but just hold on - you will see what I am talking about when we play Manvel , LaMarque and Dawson!! Yes we have played 2 good offenses so far!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="844183" timestamp="1284179634"]
Have not had time to watch my film yet, but it feels like we turned the corner a little bit on D. How bout Santa FE!!!!
[/quote]

Santa Fe is better than people thought, but they did play Spring Woods...  SW is one of the worst teams i've ever watched.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the d looked better because their backup wasn't near the player that injured starter was.  I see a lack of intensity which concerns me the most.  They are missing so many tackles its sick.  No speed on the ends and OLB are yielding big runs.  You can see they have no confidence in their DBs.  They are playing way off receivers.

[quote name="rjn75" post="844240" timestamp="1284180978"]
I hope I'm wrong but I think the d looked better because their backup wasn't near the player that injured starter was.  I see a lack of intensity which concerns me the most.  They are missing so many tackles its sick.  No speed on the ends and OLB are yielding big runs.  You can see they have no confidence in their DBs.  They are playing way off receivers.
[/quote]

I know.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="844198" timestamp="1284179921"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72776.msg844183#msg844183 date=1284179634]
Have not had time to watch my film yet, but it feels like we turned the corner a little bit on D. How bout Santa FE!!!!
[/quote]

Santa Fe is better than people thought, but they did play Spring Woods...  SW is one of the worst teams i've ever watched.
[/quote]

I know - but what the heck!!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="844183" timestamp="1284179634"]
[/quote]

I was at the game. Friendswood's scheme was better, but Stratford was more talented. Then, with a few minutes left before haltime, the Stratford QB scrambled for another big chunk of yards, and some no good punk from Friendswood threw his shoulder into the kid's knee and took him out of the game. Without one of their best players, Stratford's offense was completely stalled, and Friendswood KNEW it, because they just started run blitzing on every single play. I respected the way Friendswood played up until that point, but now, I have zero respect for any of their players or coaches. Dirty football, plain and simple.

[quote name="ohnoredringofdeath" post="845182" timestamp="1284258190"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72776.msg844183#msg844183 date=1284179634]
[/quote]

I was at the game. Friendswood's scheme was better, but Stratford was more talented. Then, with a few minutes left before haltime, the Stratford QB scrambled for another big chunk of yards, and some no good punk from Friendswood threw his shoulder into the kid's knee and took him out of the game. Without one of their best players, Stratford's offense was completely stalled, and Friendswood KNEW it, because they just started run blitzing on every single play. I respected the way Friendswood played up until that point, but now, I have zero respect for any of their players or coaches. Dirty football, plain and simple.
[/quote]

On a run play? You are tackling a very very talented running qb and you are sure he did it on purpose?  I understand a passing QB situation, we had that happen to us in one of our games, but running?  So all of the kids lost your respect? I like how you stereotype a whole team based on your faulty assumptions about 1 kid. In fact, that tells me all I need to know about you as a person. Done with you and have a good life. Dirty post plain and simple, I have zero respect for you or your family or your wife's family!

[quote name="beechnut" post="845292" timestamp="1284264059"]
FWStangs how is your qb from last year doing at Tech? Redshirt I guess huh? Hope he makes it and wish him the best.
[/quote]
Karam was redshirted last year. He is 3rd team. Lots of new talent coming in, like Brewer from Lake Travis. I hear he is very unhappy at Tech and may transfer. He will probably never play a down at Tech.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83