best fight song in the area

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="842811" timestamp="1284089022"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=72641.msg842803#msg842803 date=1284088719]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=72641.msg842607#msg842607 date=1284073862]
No one hates PNG per se. Just the smugness/arrogance of the majority of their fans.
[/quote]

[b][color=red]How in the world can this perception change?[/color][/b]  Everyone has their fair share of arrogant fans.  The majority of fans at PNG are in no way smug or arrogant.  Maybe we come across that way, but PNG supports their kids like no other, no matter what the event is. 
[/quote]
Good question. 
Answer:  It starts with you.  Yeah thats right, you can make a difference.   BTW-- the word "hater" when used to call a group of people out, tends to be offensive.  Therefore it tends to generate a defensive response.  That too would be another thing to consider when one might be trying to change anothers perception.
[/quote]

The context in which I used it was not calling a group out.  It is understood on this site that there are a lot of PNG haters out there.  As there are a lot of haters out there for other schools.  Ned had their fair share.  WOS has their fair share.  As does WB and Central.  I would say success is not something to gloat about (which happens a lot).  Rather, it is something to be proud of.  Success is not something to be thrown in another's face, but it should be used as an example for others to strive to attain.

Whether one thinks PNG fans are arrogant is not for me to decide.  But I ask you guys not to mistake a support of our kids in all sports, academics, and all other extracurricular activities as arrogant.  I think an unwaivering support at such a high rate is not something that should be criticized.  It is something that should be strived for by all.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NDNTime" post="842826" timestamp="1284090752"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=72641.msg842811#msg842811 date=1284089022]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=72641.msg842803#msg842803 date=1284088719]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=72641.msg842607#msg842607 date=1284073862]
No one hates PNG per se. Just the smugness/arrogance of the majority of their fans.
[/quote]

[b][color=red]How in the world can this perception change?[/color][/b]  Everyone has their fair share of arrogant fans.  The majority of fans at PNG are in no way smug or arrogant.  Maybe we come across that way, but PNG supports their kids like no other, no matter what the event is. 
[/quote]
Good question. 
Answer:  It starts with you.  Yeah thats right, you can make a difference.   BTW-- the word "hater" when used to call a group of people out, tends to be offensive.  Therefore it tends to generate a defensive response.  That too would be another thing to consider when one might be trying to change anothers perception.
[/quote]

The context in which I used it was not calling a group out.  It is understood on this site that there are a lot of PNG haters out there.  As there are a lot of haters out there for other schools.  Ned had their fair share.  WOS has their fair share.  As does WB and Central.  I would say success is not something to gloat about (which happens a lot).  Rather, it is something to be proud of.  Success is not something to be thrown in another's face, but it should be used as an example for others to strive to attain.

Whether one thinks PNG fans are arrogant is not for me to decide.  But I ask you guys not to mistake a support of our kids in all sports, academics, and all other extracurricular activities as arrogant.  I think an unwaivering support at such a high rate is not something that should be criticized.  It is something that should be strived for by all.

[/quote]
All is well---most importantly is that you guys bring SETX a big victory tonight and that CHEROKEE gets played a whole lot.  Good luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder