McNeese fan's question the eligibility of Kendrick Prejean WR for Lamar

bigred360

I found it interesting that the top three WR's from Lamar were teammates of Bevil at Navarro Junior College. Not surprising since Coach Woodard recruited them to the JC, and they were 10-1 the year after Woodard left. However, there was a WR from Lafayette named Kendrick Prejean. I had never heard of him, so I went to searching.  I found it weird that a guy from Lafayette would not be on any of my recruiting list, plus he is not in the Lamar media guide, nor is he mentioned on the three deep. Yet, he is listed as a junior from Lafayette Charter School. Hum............ OK , that explains it, he didnot play high school football, but why would he be a junior? Then I notice a Facebook page for a semi-pro team in Lafayette named the Lafayette Hurricanes. In 2008 it says Newcomer of the Year was a Kendrick Prejean. Could this be the same guy? Does anyone in Lafayette know of this semi-pro team?

The guy has no background in the Lamar press section of the roster, which is strange. I am not making any acquisations, but it reminds me of the kid that played basketball out in Odessa last year. He got away with it for a year at Odessa High until he went to a AAU tournament in Arkansas and got recognized by a Florida coach. He played high school ball in Florida, been cut by a JC in Illinois and decided to move in with a cousin in Texas and try high school again. He would have never been caught if not for the AAU tournament. This Prejean guy just dropped out of the air, but caught 3 passes for LU on Saturday night. There is always a chance there are more than one 21 year old Kendrick Prejean from Lafayette. But I ain't buying it if the NCAA looked past this squad as not being a semi-pro team when the advertisement called them semi-pro.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/geauxcowboys/messages/?msg=11494.1

Looks like this will get interesting.  If he hadn't gone 65 yds for an almost TD that set up up a TD to get within 3 and make the home crowd real nervous, nobody cares who he is or where he came from.  I personally do not know anything about him.  I just know that Woodard & his staff have put together a pretty talented and salty group this first year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami