Its disrespectful to schedule WO-S as your homecoming game!

Stangs92

Hello everyone! I am new to the site,but i have read it constantly for a while. I have quite a few friends from Silsbee,and i wish them luck(next week). But.....why pick WO-S as your hc opponent? That is kind of disrespectful! I mean its not a secret that most teams pick their easier opponents for that game. I would just like to hear some opinions on this.

Hello everyone! I am new to the site' date='but i have read it constantly for a while. I have quite a few friends from Silsbee,and i wish them luck(next week). But.....why pick WO-S as your hc opponent? That is kind of disrespectful! I mean its not a secret that most teams pick their easier opponents for that game. I would just like to hear some opinions on this.[/quote']Well I think you can look at it anohter way.

It will be a huge game for both teams more for Silsbee..Homecoming usually you have more people there and of course it is a home game..So that being said maybe the Hometeam will be more ready to play and have the intensity raised a little against a team that is better then them..

Stans92, you may not have liked mustang's response, but to say Silsbee is "disrespectful" is silly. There's no disrespect intended on their part. Homecoming has NOT always been about chosing a weak opponent. There was a time when homecoming was every school's last home game of the year. Several schools still choose it that way. Other factors are also considered, but it has never been solely based on an "easy win". My senior season at WO-S we played Bmt. French for homecoming, our last home game of the season...and we lost. In fact, that loss kept us from making the playoffs and French went on to win a share of the state title. French beat us bad the year before, but that didn't keep us from maintaining our tradition (at that time) of making homecoming the season's final home game.

I was just asking. Thanks Griff. I always thought you picked who you wanted to play for homecoming before every season.Actually i was told that the coaches select the hc opponent. "Silly" to me is picking the the one team in your district that is ranked in the top 5 in the state to be your HC game. I talked to several players this week and all of them said that it s not talked about loudly the outside,but them and a few coaches thought the choice as hc opponent was a small slap in the face. Thats the only reason i asked. Thats alot of mums,corsages,and pretty dresses to get all smeared with tears!Once again thanks for the input .

I talked to several players this week and all of them said that it s not talked about loudly the outside' date='but them and a few coaches thought the choice as hc opponent was a small slap in the face. Thats the only reason i asked. Thats alot of mums,corsages,and pretty dresses to get all smeared with tears![/quote']

I hope you're right, that the players will take being chosen as homecoming opponent as a motivational factor, although they really don't need any more reason to be up for this game since it is for first place in the district.

Stans92' date=' you may not have liked mustang's response, but to say Silsbee is "disrespectful" is silly. There's no disrespect intended on their part. Homecoming has NOT always been about chosing a weak opponent. There was a time when homecoming was every school's last home game of the year. Several schools still choose it that way. Other factors are also considered, but it has never been solely based on an "easy win". My senior season at WO-S we played Bmt. French for homecoming, our last home game of the season...and we lost. In fact, that loss kept us from making the playoffs and French went on to win a share of the state title. French beat us bad the year before, but that didn't keep us from maintaining our tradition (at that time) of making homecoming the season's final home game.[/quote']

They did choose a "weak" opponent...... :D:D:D

Is it LOGICAL to go through your schedule and pick the BEST(by far) team on your schedule for your homecoming game? I was trying to find out if it was done on purpose as motivation or something,or if they just drew it out of a hat or whatever. Is it logical for a Silsbee fan to talk noise after seeing what WO-S has done to their other opponents? NO! But yet and still they do it on a daily basis. Regardless of what anyone says most teams do not pick their toughest opponent for hc. Oh and BH89 i liked that response. Talk a little noise....im tired of the logical babble.

How is it disrespectful? This is a moronic thread.

I agree! The two are not even related. But I do like the idea of scheduling someone tough. The exes don't want to come watch their old team beat up on some patsy. After all, they are only exes, not stuped. 8)

Just forget about it guys. "SilsbeeD" I did not say anyone was talking smack,i said i wish they would talk smack instead of everyone trying so hard not to hurt feelings.. Bottom line they should have picked someone else for such a festive night!!!! I figure if we can handle these offensive and defensive lines with such a size difference......then that will be the last time we hear about someone lining up and running over us. Good luck Silsbee.....it will be entertaining to say the least!!

Guest GoStangs

I don't think it matters. This is a big district game, and it would be that way whether it was Silsbee's homecoming or not. I guess it could be looked at as a distracting or motivating factor, but there is no way to tell how it will affect anyone.

If it's not homecoming, it's senior night, parents' night, little league recognition night, kids' drill team night, or whatever. It seems it's always something, so I don't see scheduling WOS as a homecoming opponent as disrespectful in anyway. Now, if you ask me if I like sitting through the pageantry, well, that's a different story... :lol:

Guest airitout123

Stans92. I am unsure of what the process is, but I would never think that schools or head coaches look ahead and schedule someone easy for their homecoming game. I may be wrong though. However, your thoughts that selecting WOS was disrespctful really is an ignorant comment. I am not trying to be rude, but that was my initial thought when I read your post.

Hey Stan, HC is all about atmosphere and Silsbee/WOS will have atmosphere ... if you have ever been to a Red Sox v. Yankees match up you would know. Regardless of homecoming, neither team should need any additional motivation. This game is for district and both sides and both coaching staff know that. On the other hand, your thread seems to be an attempt stirring up motivation for them Ponies ... the question then for the rest of us is "Why?" :?: :?: :?:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax