Livingston at Jasper Game Thread/Lions Roll/Comments

WOSgrad

It is more entertaining to listen to the fans in the crowd than to watch the game.

If the team is in the spread, then they should be ramming the ball down the other team's throat.  If they are ramming, then they should be spreading.

I did see this Friday night.  Toward the end of the first half and toward the end of the game the team went into hurry up mode, spread style.  What the stats do not show is that at the half the half ended with Jasper on the Livingston one yard line.  The game ended with Jasper around the Livingston five yard line.  In both cases it appeared to me that they just went into the hurry up mode too late.  Those dogs can move the ball when they flare it out.  They are going to explode on somebody before this year is out. 

The thing that impressed me is that for the most part it appeared that Jasper was running true two platoon football with some 41 players suited out.  Hadn't seen that at Jasper for years.  Once Jasper gets to playing 3a teams that could make a huge difference.

Coaches are human.  They try things.  Some things work, some don't.  In the end, they are survivalists.  They will find what works and use it.  I am confident that the current Jasper coaches will be no different.

listen j dog i been watching jasper football and i played it. there is a problem with a 5 ft qb sorry.the kid is an extreme athlete but when u cant throw the dang ball over the line theres a problem.he has to roll out to throw the ball period.did u see the play he threw the ball to tyler in the back of the end zone.answer this was he standing or rolling out?i agree with u on the spread i think they can run that offense but under center no way.look u can be on the inch line if u dont get in it dont matter.no they made to many bad mistakes u dont put ur linebacker 10 yards of the ball when a team is running it down ur throat.numbers dont matter skilled players do.i watched stephenville beat la marque like a drum with 26 players.they had 60.numbers mean crap u put ur best 11 players on the field.JMO but theres a problem in jasper the number one thing is coaching and no discipline.

it starts with fundamentals which jasper no longer teaches from 7th grade up.  The defensive scheme of 3x3 is a joke you allow lumberton and livingston to completely run through you. If everyone will remember last year in coffee with the coach he said we would hang our hat on defence. We'll he is not doing a good job of hanging his hat. If you notice our defence doesnt wrap up well its because these kids are never taught too. and they want us to build them a new stadium with this bond election...I dont think so...

line drive they teach fundamentals.u cant play ten yards of the ball. dont care how good of a linebacker you are.they ran it down our throat. i agree but u cant blame the kids when the coachs tells them where to line up.and i want to ask the same thing ive asked all the people ive talk to.have u been in the schools lately in jasper?prolly can answer ur ?no ur just another person mouthing cause most of the bond is for the schools not a new stadium.and if you closed minded people keep turning these bonds down. u will pay alot more in the long run.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami