Deweyville at Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins 14-13

WOSgrad

Evadale won but not for trying to give it away. They moved the ball down inside D-vill 10, 4 times and could not finish a drive. You have to give it to D-vill they never gave up, after being out played most of the game. The Rebs better get the drops worked out or they will be another team that playes one and out in the playoffs. But at the end of the day its a win, and that is all that will go in the books. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

Awesome game by both teams, hard fought game till the final whistle. Tale of two halfs, evadale was affective and moved the ball well through the air and on the ground in the first half, score could have been worse than 14 to 7 evadale up at half if not for a stout defense from Deweyville.  2nd half the Pirates took control and moved the ball well on the Rebels in the 2nd half scoring the only points late in the 4th qtr to pull within 1 pt. Coach McDaniel for Deweyville chose to go for the 2 pt conversion and the win but the 2 pt conversion was stopped by Evadale to perserve the win for the Rebels. Again congrats to both teams on a well played game.

I never like to call out one kid but, Brandon Mckiff has got to have the biggest heart of all times. I watch this kid perjecile vomit blood on the side line 4 times, when D- vill was on their last drive, and this kid put his pads back on and went back on the field to help stop the 2 point try.My hat goes off to this kid. Some of the others could take note of how hard this kid played. He could have just stood on the sideline and no one would have thought anything bad about it. But he defintly feft it all on the field.

[quote name="king" post="839027" timestamp="1283631834"]
deweyville Should not went for 2 take the p a t don't gamble like bad decision
[/quote]

IDIOTS shouldn't type without spell check.  Go big or go home. Good job by both teams, and both teams were vomiting and cramping. It was a warm and humid night of hard-nosed southeast Texas football.

[quote name="king" post="839027" timestamp="1283631834"]
deweyville Should not went for 2 take the p a t don't gamble like bad decision
[/quote]

There isn't anyway in a NON DISTRICT game that was that well fought out by both teams that any coach wouldn't have attempted the 2 points for the win. Give me a break. It was the right call, period, by Deweyville's head coach.

As a Evadale fan I think it was a good call to go for two. I liked that the Rebels stopped it, but at the time it looked like the momentium had changed sides of the field and as has been pointed out about the kids throwing up and cramping up, I am not sure that it would have been a good idea to pin hopes on overtime.

I wish the Pirates well the rest of the season. I know you have some distances to travel, but I would imagine that most of those bus rides home are going to be just fine for you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124