Pirate football!

The Pirates demonstrated tremendous effort in the game against Texas high. This young team showed they could move the chains and score against a very good defense. Even though the Pirates fell short of a win, I think this particular game goes a long way towards ultimately discrediting those that wrote the pirates off this year, as well as boosting the confidence of a very young and underrated, but promising team. I know a lose doesn't usually inspire confidence, but I think the Texas high game set in motion something that has galvanized this Pirate team and will motivate them deep into the season. Solidarity and confidence is a commodity that is crucial to the success of any football team. I think the Pirates have the right stuff to be one of those successful teams.

Was surprised by the closeness of the game due to Vidor only having 2 returning starters on each side of the ball and the quality of the opponent.  The next 2 non-district games, BC and K'ville, should show if the Pirates are indeed a team that should have previous expectations elevated.

Was a great effort by the Pirates, all three of the junior running backs ran hard, line really did well. I think they should try more passes especially during the non-district schedule. We are a lot smaller on defense this year but they are trying hard. Pass defense still needs a lot of work, Texas High dropped a couple of passes when they were wide open that could really have hurt us. But to go up there and lose by missing an extra point I was real proud of how they played whether they won or loss. I would have like to see the boys win for their sake.

Could it be in the age of Spread O's, that Wing T/Slot T Vidor runs just keeps them in games against teams that only have a week to prepare?

By no means am I discounting the tremendous effort by the Pirates

[quote name="SFA85" post="835836" timestamp="1283284820"]
Could it be in the age of Spread O's, that Wing T/Slot T Vidor runs just keeps them in games against teams that only have a week to prepare?

By no means am I discounting the tremendous effort by the Pirates
[/quote]I think it is a very true statement.If you play a very aggresive defence against this offence it gets very frustrating trying to stop it. IMO if you don't play gap control defence you could be in for a long night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FGFRE
    Newest Member
    FGFRE