NEWTON @ KIRBYVILLE (predictions..piney woods bowl)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="833087" timestamp="1283005486"]
Newton's always tough, but being that K-ville has already played 1 game and this being Newton's 1st.....game has a chance to maybe get lopsided quick in favor of the cats - IMO.  Good luck to both teams!

PWB Prediction...

Wildcats -- 41
Eagles --  20
[/quote]

:o  wow...lol

Hard to call this game so early in the season.  Week 10 is much easier to predict than week 2.  Both teams will be ready but IMO the key to this game will be the play of the new QB for Newton.  Losing Flannigan to graduation was a big loss to Newton but they will be ready.  I do have to give the early edge to Kirbyville based off the fact that they have a game and the jitters under their belt.  I know that Coldspring scored alot on Newton in their scrimmage but that was a scrimmage and this is a different ball of wax when these two teams meet up.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="833131" timestamp="1283008303"]
Hard to call this game so early in the season.  Week 10 is much easier to predict than week 2.  Both teams will be ready but IMO the key to this game will be the play of the new QB for Newton.  Losing Flannigan to graduation was a big loss to Newton but they will be ready.  I do have to give the early edge to Kirbyville based off the fact that they have a game and the jitters under their belt.  I know that Coldspring scored alot on Newton in their scrimmage but that was a scrimmage and this is a different ball of wax when these two teams meet up.
[/quote]

Yep.....But it's really a friendly rivalry..Bennet from Newton and Fred Ford are childhood friends,..When the games over we go back to pulling for one another..Hope it stays that way.. ;)

Newton has been quite quiet...or at least so it seems.  The stadium will be packed that is a FACT!  Look forward to a few turnovers early, and some rockin hits from both sides.  This game may be decided by halftime (statistically), but I think the boys on both sides will keep fightin' well into the 4th quarter.

1st              2nd              3rd            4th              F
NEWTON                  7                6                  0                6                19
KIRBYVILLE                8                14                7                6                35

GO KATS!

I think the cats go in with a slight edge just because it will be Newton's first game. Kirbyville got off to a good start and has a week to work out a few kinks. That being said Newton is always one of the better games of the year just because of the level of intensity that both teams bring to the table. They both realy want to win braging rights for the year. The cats have alot of the rivalry type games this year. Nobody wants to lose to Jasper and the WO game will be one to watch. A great line up but the Newton game never lets you down! Good luck eagles but I think the cats take this one.
Kville 35
Newton 14

Seems like this very well could be game of the week. Last season it was who had the football last that won the football game. District championship and all out of the way this season i see the same thing happening.
Newton-22
Kirbyville-20

I talked to Coach Alvarez yesterday evening,He said Coldspring was a good football team,with super athletes and will only get better as the season progresses..I asked Him about Newton and He said He don't intend to change much,for the Newton game..He said Newton is gonna come right at you with both barrells..I also asked Him,What does Kirbyville have to do to win...He said"out score'm"..( won't ask that question again)..Gonna be a good game,  GO CAT'S..

Guest EagleFan01
everyone keeps saying the give kville the edge because this is Newton's first game. Last time  I checked this is not the first game the boys from Newton have ever played being the first game has nothing to do with it... As for the question about Newton's quaterback he is better than Flannigan he is bigger stronger and faster. He also can throw the ball all over the field and can pull it down and run with the best of em. Newton 29 Kirbyville 26

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="834248" timestamp="1283096637"]
I don't believe Newton's defense can stand up to Kirbyville and therefore bad as I hate to say it, Kirbyville by 7.
[/quote]

that took alot of guts!  I commend you for it lol 

[b]IF[/b] Kirbyville comes out flat like they did against Coldspring then it will be a good game.  [b]IF [/b] they come out less than flat then they are in trouble. [b]IF[/b] Kirbyville comes out and plays like they finished the game with a litle fire under them then Newton will go home with their wings clipped.

Guest rykerx144
I just told my wife it wouldnt surprise me if Kville comes out flat and Newton gets ahead and Kirbyville is not able to get it going and Newton wins by a couple of scores.  

i dont know who on the team will do it but someone needs to step up and take leadership.  get the team fired up and and ready to play before the game instead of midway through the 3rd qtr.  if tey play like they did from that point on like i said newton will spend the longest 20 minute ride home they will ever remember

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="834356" timestamp="1283106766"]
everyone keeps saying the give kville the edge because this is Newton's first game. Last time  I checked this is not the first game the boys from Newton have ever played being the first game has nothing to do with it... As for the question about Newton's quaterback he is better than Flannigan he is bigger stronger and faster. He also can throw the ball all over the field and can pull it down and run with the best of em. Newton 29 Kirbyville 26
[/quote]

Any logical thinking football fan knows that the 1st game of every season can be tough.  Not always but can be.  There are jitters (if you think there isn't you are lying to yourself) and it being the first game has alot to do with it.  Especially with the history between these two schools.  As for their QB he may very well be better than Halston but with that said losing a leader like him takes time to replace.  Both teams will be ready but with Kirbyville beating a good Coldspring team helps tremendously.  Not to mention Kirbyville's defensive front will most likely be more than Newton can handle. 

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="834234" timestamp="1283094720"]
I talked to Coach Alvarez yesterday evening,He said Coldspring was a good football team,with super athletes and will only get better as the season progresses..I asked Him about Newton and He said He don't intend to change much,for the Newton game..He said Newton is gonna come right at you with both barrells..I also asked Him,What does Kirbyville have to do to win...He said"out score'm"..( won't ask that question again)..Gonna be a good game,  GO CAT'S..
[/quote]

This reminds me of the great question by Coach McGinty...." Do you know what separtes the losers from the winners  ?"  and then the response by 90's great {SHANE FALCO}..."THE SCORE"

GO KATS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder