Crosby Cougars

Guest GCMPats

[quote name="jayhawk" post="830610" timestamp="1282754853"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71884.msg830604#msg830604 date=1282753829]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=71884.msg830594#msg830594 date=1282752240]
  I get a kick out of Hill people they brag on every team except their own last year it was Dayton this year Crosby  - Theres a reason Dayton is king of the hill the last 11 years - Keep riding our shirt tails and enjoy the view from below  while holding hands with Crosby !
[/quote]

Way to dodge the question ;D Dayton is famous for making fun of other teams to avoid talking about their team getting whooped ;D  Just BELIEVE ;D ;D ;D ;D Hope it don't rain this year ;D
[/quote]     thanks for the kind wishes - ;D
[/quote]

No problem I don't want to see you avoid the boards 4 weeks after the game. Good new is if you beat BH the first game of district then a lose to Crosby won't mean nothing ;D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rjn75" post="830614" timestamp="1282755352"]
I was really disappointed when I saw that Friendswood didnt schedule anyone from that conference ya"ll have over there.  That was a nice way to get one in the win column.  I guess they decided to find something that would prepare them for district.
[/quote]

Don't get them started ;D They would have beat Friendswood, but the oxygen level was down 10 PPM and they got confused between two horse mascotts and didn't know which one to channel  the BELIEVE too ;D ;D ;D

I luv all the Trash talk when thiers only 1 Crosby poster in the bunch on a thread CALLED CROSBY COUGARS! hahhaha.

Honestly Dayton is a great team. Saying your going to "curb stomp" people probably isn't the best thing to say when your from an Area like Dayton (American History X anyone.)

The Cougs always have wrinkles. The major Wrinkle that the Broncos couldn't handle last year was the sideways kick, something they introduced rarely before that game.

The team lined up hard hitter towards the middle and they all ran to the ball on kickoffs the ball stays in the air a longtime and as soon as the Broncos caught it they were getting smacked in the face (or as in the 14-0 kickoff they decided they weren't going to catch it -> to an onside recovery)

DAYTONS DEFENSE PLAYED WELL in that game. but they consistently gave the ball to the cougs within 35 yards of the end zone.

Do i think thats gonna happen again? prolly not, im sure Dayton will have really high kicks going to thier players all week before the game.

BUT! the Cougs defense still made a bunch of big stomps and if i remember right knocked Ploch out of the game. (he's a tough kid you don't do that with anything other then huge hits)

Dayton's Offense and SPECIAL TEAMS were HORRIBLE. MAybe it was the rain... i know horses don't like the rain but sheesh if broncos are gonna use the rain as an excuse its perty sad, and untrue to the spirit of the game.

Do i think the cougs are gonna beat Dayton? Yes. I do.

Why? I think they will get superior QB play from Merka (TCU) and whoever ends up running the ball will be successful. 2 RB's in a row have been why doubt them now.

Talent wise, i honestly believe Dayton and Crosby are pretty even and its been a shame that previous coaches haven't measured up tactically or perhaps in their development of players haven't done as well as Stewart. But i Think Flanigan is slowly but surely getting a reputation as a damn good coach.

But as previously stated we don't talk trash. We just win. =P

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="830643" timestamp="1282759349"]
I luv all the Trash talk when thiers only 1 Crosby poster in the bunch on a thread CALLED CROSBY COUGARS! hahhaha.

Honestly Dayton is a great team. Saying your going to "curb stomp" people probably isn't the best thing to say when your from an Area like Dayton (American History X anyone.)

The Cougs always have wrinkles. The major Wrinkle that the Broncos couldn't handle last year was the sideways kick, something they introduced rarely before that game.

The team lined up hard hitter towards the middle and they all ran to the ball on kickoffs the ball stays in the air a longtime and as soon as the Broncos caught it they were getting smacked in the face (or as in the 14-0 kickoff they decided they weren't going to catch it -> to an onside recovery)

DAYTONS DEFENSE PLAYED WELL in that game. but they consistently gave the ball to the cougs within 35 yards of the end zone.

Do i think thats gonna happen again? prolly not, im sure Dayton will have really high kicks going to thier players all week before the game.

BUT! the Cougs defense still made a bunch of big stomps and if i remember right knocked Ploch out of the game. (he's a tough kid you don't do that with anything other then huge hits)

Dayton's Offense and SPECIAL TEAMS were HORRIBLE. MAybe it was the rain... i know horses don't like the rain but sheesh if broncos are gonna use the rain as an excuse its perty sad, and untrue to the spirit of the game.

Why? I think they will get superior QB play from Merka (TCU) and whoever ends up running the ball will be successful. 2 RB's in a row have been why doubt them now.

Talent wise, i honestly believe Dayton and Crosby are pretty even and its been a shame that previous coaches haven't measured up tactically or perhaps in their development of players haven't done as well as Stewart. But i Think Flanigan is slowly but surely getting a reputation as a dang good coach.

But as previously stated [b]we don't talk trash[/b]. We just win. =P

[/quote]

um.... ok.... maybe YOU don't.

and... like Bronco1 said below... good post.

Good post, Cougtalk. That was similar to the assement Coach Stewart made after that game, if I remember correctly.

Dayton has fielded some good defenses in the last few years, but this one is gonna surprise some people. Special teams is normally a pretty stronge suit for Dayton but not that night. I would imagine we'll do a little better in that area this year. Its gonna be a good game can't wait.

Guest GCMPats

Talent wise, i honestly believe Dayton and Crosby are pretty even and its been a shame that previous coaches haven't measured up tactically or perhaps in their development of players haven't done as well as Stewart. But i Think Flanigan is slowly but surely getting a reputation as a dang good coach.

[/quote]

Looks like the black-out has been lifted.

(That or school is back in session and Coog fans finally have internet access ;D )

Crosby thread started by another school to get Crosby's poster's to engadge discussion about their team and he did manage  to get your take good for you ( you do know if all the Crosby posters that pretend  not to read these threads find out about your repley your going to be in deep poo-poo ) I afraid Merka this year is going to be running for his life the people we have in the trenches this year are "all state caliber" ask WOSand Nederland your running game will be completly neturalized period your only chance will be to panic and throw hail mary passes and pray for the best !

[/quote]

Why wouldn't they just call fair catch and take the good field position?

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BHFAN" post="830603" timestamp="1282753536"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=71884.msg830585#msg830585 date=1282750336]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71884.msg830551#msg830551 date=1282746136]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=71884.msg830069#msg830069 date=1282682963]
[quote author=BHFAN  :P think they will  ;D 7 returning starters on defense that held dayton to ZERO last year. D1 QB with some pretty good recievers. I would think that if Crsoosby figured out how to stop Dayton from scoreing last year returing 7 that it may give them the edge 8)

[/quote] You weren't at the game so I'll let your uninformed guess slide  :P  Crosby was good ,but they got more help from Dayton than their own team ! This year will be a different pony  Dayton has a very  talented team and will be at home looking for some payback. I do like Crosby's QB and he will be a hand full.
[/quote]

Ok you bunch of Dayton Whinners please tell me what i missed at the game to make Dayton score ZERO and Crosby Score 28!!! You guys ask for why you think Crosby will beat Dayton, so I give you a response based off fact not puprle horse ferry dreams ;D You have no factual reason to come up with to beat crosby this year except "Were going to be good this year and we have always beat them in the past" your the underdog and Crosby should still be laughing after last years 40 point win prediction by Dayton! Glad you went to the playoffs and glad you beat BH, but that doesn't solve the arse whoopin Crosby will be handing out at pony stadium for 2010 ;D

hugs and kisses from THE HILL 8)
[/quote] Dude.. Dayton really chaps u bad don't they... I was at the game last year.. and Crosby won fair and square.. Yep some blame it on the rain, fumbled balls etc... facts are facts... The Crosby Dayton game will be the one to see in this district this year... Can't help it if the bump AKA the hill  ::) can't get any respect... We will see yall when its your turn to get whooped.. and us [size=14pt][color=purple]DAYTON FANS[/color][/size] are packed like sardines in those wimpy vistors seats yall have..Oh heres a thought.. how bout your hand full of BUMP fans sit on the vistors side so yall can accommodate all the [size=14pt][color=purple]DAYTON FANS[/color][/size]by letting us sit on the home side and MAYBE just MAYBE there might be enough room for [size=14pt][color=purple]DAYTON[/color][/size] ;D ;D ;D

[size=14pt][color=purple]ALWAYS BELIEVE DAYTON BRONCOS[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Game is at pony stadium this year!!! Don't even know where your Broncos are playing ;D
[/quote]Well my bad it is at BRONCO STADIUM.. So no need for yall to have to share the home side. phew....

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="830703" timestamp="1282764714"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=71884.msg830643#msg830643 date=1282759349]

[/quote]

Why wouldn't they just call fair cath and take the good field position?
[/quote]

No clue but they weren't. (1x time they did but he dropped the ball, and a defender batted it half way accross the field and we recovered on like the 25.)

[quote name="bronco1" post="830680" timestamp="1282762242"]
Good post, Cougtalk. That was similar to the assement Coach Stewart made after that game, if I remember correctly.

Dayton has fielded some good defenses in the last few years, but this one is gonna surprise some people. Special teams is normally a pretty stronge suit for Dayton but not that night. I would imagine we'll do a little better in that area this year. Its gonna be a good game can't wait.
[/quote]

Thx. I agree it will be closer but i expect it more like 21-14 etc. than anything else i think that the cougs will play good defense and will have a wrinkle for the Broncos (as they had for Montgomery in playoffs, and against Pearland Dawson (although that didn't work out)

But why do we care the cougs are and will always be (for this week) focused on Montgomery. You want cougs to talk post a Thread Montgomery v. Crosby predictions because honestly for right now thats the only game that matter.

And 1) Am a Graduate of Crosby
2) Thier is no conspiracy we just don't like you that much (burn)
3) Curb stomp = still bad idea for verbage.

I'll be at the game in Dayton if people want to do it we can sit togather. Ill be wearing red and pointing out every Crosby TD =-P

As for Merka running for his life... um you obviously need to rewatch tape from last year he doesn't run away from you he runs through you.

As for Merka running for his life... um you obviously need to rewatch tape from last year he doesn't run away from you he runs through you[color=red][/color]    Hope your not hanging your hopes on Merka's running game to save you that would be a d angerous move on Crosby 's part  he's good but's it's not going to happen this year no how many times you watch the game film. Like I said he will be running for his life - And yes we haven't forgot when the coaching staff and fans cheered when P. Ploch got knocked out - classy move - It will give us extra motivation !

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Thinking about last year's Crosby/Dayton game. Wasn't it really 35-0? Crosby's #7 picked off a pass and took it to the house. First time I have seen an "inadvertant whistle" from a ref in 25 years of HS football games. Either way, should be a good game this year.

I thought Hill/Jenkins/Wright were all-staters last year... Didn't seem to bother the Coogs whatsoever.

Oh please. The fans all got excited over a big hit just as any other teams fan base would do. Then clapped when ploch was helped off the field. So the only unclassy thing i saw all game was when #7 flipped the bird to our bleachers, but i guess thats all good huh??

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="CC99" post="830838" timestamp="1282781619"]
Oh please. The fans all got excited over a big hit just as any other teams fan base would do. Then clapped when ploch was helped off the field. So the only unclassy thing i saw all game was when #7 flipped the bird to our bleachers, but i guess thats all good huh??
[/quote]

I remember that. He also knew all of Crosby's offensive signals but he still couldn't do anything about it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• FBC transfer most likely will. He’s already been on several recruiting visits and has been looking decent on the camp circuit for only being a freshman. I don’t think his family will let him sit past this year though.   JV kid is decent but he’s not really anybody I think you want to rely on competing against good teams with. He has some moxie but he’s smallish and doesn’t have a lot of arm talent. I think he would stay and be a backup no matter what or switch positions if the FBC kid stays. 
    • Oh an institution can move away from God, and the USA is running away from God.  I am not trying to chase you off - this is a free site.  I just wish people would be more open to alternative view points.  The devil wants to sow division.  Nice to hear you admit that God is love.  I generally try to stay off this side of the site - would much rather talk baseball and small town sports.
    • I guess you heard wrong? All of the sophomore studs he grew up with are on varsity and several played great in the Spring game, 4/5 will start and the others are in the two deep. Only kid I heard about going to Dayton is the receiver that left to go to North Shore and he hasn’t even been playing football. Leaving was what he felt was best for his kid, sometimes you have to make those choices. My son would’ve left last year too if he could’ve gotten eligible, doesn’t mean I would’ve liked Crosby less.  
    • It’s always funny to me when present day republicans start talking about what 19th century republicans did, because you’re absolutely right.  Point it out and they get mad, though.  And I vote Republican 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
    • Talk about condescension. It’s not chasing me off this time. I have never been talked more rudely at than on here. Oh, and no one can move away from God. He dwells in all things. The problem is we have politicized Him to further divide ourselves and make money or build power for ourselves. He loves us all anyway. Peace.
  • Topics