Top 5 winningest football coaches in SE Texas

Some say Dayton is part of SETX-some say not-which is it.I'm tired of reading dung articles consistently leaving Dayton out even when we smoked 22-4a the surprize did a huge color team pics article again leaving out the back to back dist 22-4a champs.I don't believe in bashing a coach must less a hs player but to disregaurd their accomplisments to ME is a form of it.If articles such as this keep being posted I willfully intend to no longer post anything towards the site.It is the paper not the great fans,posters I have a beef with.To leave one of the cinderella stories of a great coach coming in & turning a program totally around and 14 straight playoff appearances make Dayton 1 of the best in our area.Liltex PS-1 more untrue paper article posted then bye-bye ya'll it was fun.

[quote name="liltex" post="826990" timestamp="1282170051"]
Some say Dayton is part of SETX-some say not-which is it.I'm tired of reading dung articles consistently leaving Dayton out even when we smoked 22-4a the surprize did a huge color team pics article again leaving out the back to back dist 22-4a champs.I don't believe in bashing a coach must less a hs player but to disregaurd their accomplisments to ME is a form of it.If articles such as this keep being posted I willfully intend to no longer post anything towards the site.It is the paper not the great fans,posters I have a beef with.To leave one of the cinderella stories of a great coach coming in & turning a program totally around and 14 straight playoff appearances make Dayton 1 of the best in our area.Liltex PS-1 more untrue paper article posted then bye-bye ya'll it was fun.
[/quote]

Well, the non-inclusion of Dayton in the stats and stories from the Enterprise has a little more to do with division of labor with its sister paper, the Chronicle (they are owned by the same company).  The boundary of coverage does appear to be, quite frankly, the Trinity with a few overlaps.  So if Sam Khan or Jenny Dial did a story of the same title for the Chronicle, Stewart would appear in that one, but neither Hooks nor Barbay would.

[quote name="liltex" post="826990" timestamp="1282170051"]
[/quote]

If all you are going to do is whine about no respect then BYE!!  

1-N/R 2-all 3 sons grads-3 earned my voice-4 support Dayton atheletics alot more than just going to watch practice,scrimm.and games.Not w/tax dollars as military 100% disabled gives you exempt status.So let's do this tread on Me.I could tell you some things Biggums about what really goes on and is spoken inside coaches office but I'll only give name,rank,serial :D

Dayton is not covered by the Beaumont media, and shouldn't be.
How many businesses in Dayton buy advertising in the Beaumont Enterprise?
The TV coverage by antena does not reach here unless you got a high powered antenna.
Technically we are in the Houston market, but the eastern part of that market (which Dayton is in) has a low population per square mile and compared to the west side of Houston, drastically less wealth.
At least....
We are included in this site and the discussions that follow.
The two years we were in 20-4A, at least Channel 4, 6, and 12 were at our home games getting some highlights, it just stank that no one in Dayton could see them on TV.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="827189" timestamp="1282218147"]
Dayton is not covered by the Beaumont media, and shouldn't be.
How many businesses in Dayton buy advertising in the Beaumont Enterprise?
The TV coverage by antena does not reach here unless you got a high powered antenna.
Technically we are in the Houston market, but the eastern part of that market (which Dayton is in) has a low population per square mile and compared to the west side of Houston, drastically less wealth.
At least....
We are included in this site and the discussions that follow.
The two years we were in 20-4A, at least Channel 4, 6, and 12 were at our home games getting some highlights, it just stank that no one in Dayton could see them on TV.
[/quote]

When I dug the Trinity River several years ago it was the intent to keep people in or near Orange from migrating this way.  It was never intended for the "Surprize" to not be delivered to Dayton, however there have never been any kids in the Golden Triangle area with a sufficient arm to throw the paper accross the river.  Vidor realized this a few years ago and went to a very good running attack.  Well, back to the reason, the distance accross the river is what what cut-down on advertising so the paper stopped covering Dayton and Liberty.   

[quote name="liltex" post="827226" timestamp="1282225228"]
Congrats to the 5 listed-no pun intended but soon enough T.Velastro East Chambers makes 130 wins.I believe he may be @ 128. G.A.Moore Pilot Point w/I believe 408 wins is the tops in Texas.Wow that's nearly 41-10 win seasons.
[/quote]

Wow! he must be old as dirt to have 400 plus wins.

[quote name="kicker" post="827256" timestamp="1282228981"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=71801.msg827226#msg827226 date=1282225228]
Congrats to the 5 listed-no pun intended but soon enough T.Velastro East Chambers makes 130 wins.I believe he may be @ 128. G.A.Moore Pilot Point w/I believe 408 wins is the tops in Texas.Wow that's nearly 41-10 win seasons.
[/quote]

Wow! he must be old as dirt to have 400 plus wins.
[/quote]

Coach Barbay at Newton has got to be getting close to the 400 mark,And he's still "Winning & Grinning"..... ;D

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="827286" timestamp="1282233048"]
No he's not even close, something like 314. He's 68. It would be tough to get to 400. Coach Thompson came back this year, again, and he must be like 73 or so. I think they will both keep going long as they want to, but 400 is a magical number that will be hard to catch.
[/quote]

I would like to see him make it....314 ain't nothing to sneeze at...  Thanks for the numbers ;)

It would be great if SETX had a Barbay legacy that began in Newton. The real x-factor is Mona. Darrell and Bryans mother, you talk about a lady that cannot stand to lose!! Curtis tends to take it stride, not Mona. She hates everything about being beat! lol! :D Maybe with genes from both sides the Barbays will continue to be a winning tradition in SETX for many years to come.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83