Fall League Rosters @ Ford Park

I'm going to try to have all rosters posted on the Academy website by Sunday night ( www.setexasbaseballacademy.com ) .  As of now, we have 330+ registrations and more expected in the mail the next two days.

We are still planning on having the coaches meeting and free clinic next Sunday, August 29th.  Time and location is still to be determined.

Want to say thanks to all the leagues, parents & coaches that helped me get this thing going.  We have far exceeded my expectations for a first year league and i know its only going to get bigger and better each year.  Thanks and i'm looking forward to a fun fall season.

i'm still going to take some late registrations up until thursday night, if you can come to the academy between 3-7PM to deliver your registration and payment.

Thanks.
Jason Tyner

Yes.... I see one in the major division made up of nearly all players from one particular select team roster.  I think the problem is that teams were formed with geographic area being considered for convenience.  Guess they didn't think about the possibility of these teams being made up of mostly select players from the same team... Going forward (next season) perhaps SETXBA should create the rosters and do a check before they are finalized to ensure that the majority of the players have not played together... tough to do but i believe something could be done to ensure that teams do not get "stacked".  All in all though, looking forward to playing this fall.. should be fun and a great opportunity for some kids who have never played "real" baseball to learn a few things.

[quote name="BMTbball09" post="829348" timestamp="1282537577"]
I will get it to all the coaches asap.  want to wait a day to make sure theres not any mistakes.  And as for the comment earlier, most of the kids on every team either were on a select team or all-stars for their league.  
[/quote]

I wasn't complaining about select kids playing or all stars for that matter. Just that it was odd that some of the kids are almost player for player, kids that played together on a select team last spring and are on the same team together in the fall. Not so much teams being made up of kids that played on different select teams. And as BD said earlier it could have been because of geographic team making, I was just making an observation as it was stated select teams were not allowed.

There are no select teams.  There are a lot of kids that played select ball though.  The goal of the league is interleague play among the different pony/dixie/little leagues while getting as much competitive balance as possible.  There is no reason to split kids up, just to split them up.  All that will do is make it harder than it has to be on the parents and kids.  There are a lot of kids that don't play select that can more than hold their own out there.  If you are going to make comments like that, than you should put your name at the bottom.

thanks.
Jason Tyner

Apparently you didn't read exactly what I said. And for that I will be more specific. I see a team in the minors group that has 9 players on it from the same select team from the spring. Once again I am not saying it is a problem for select players or all star teams or whatever to play. It was just stated that select teams were not allowed to enter as a team. As BulldogDad stated earlier it kind of defeats the purpose of saying no select teams can enter if the same kids end up on the same team. Why not let them enter as a team then? Once again I do not have a problem with select kids playing. I do not have a problem with teams being made up of all select kids. I am actually looking forward to getting back to baseball after a couple of months off. I was only making an observation (as I stated in my last post) that even though select teams were not allowed to sign up, there were some teams that ended up with many of the players from the [b]same[/b] select team. I also agreed with what BulldogDad said that it was most likely due to geographic location. As for the "comments like that" I'm not sure what comment you took as a slight to all-star kids. In fact in my posts I only mention "all-star"  one time and that was to differentiate between the two groups as to where they played and not how they played. Never once did I say anything about the talent level of any players. If you took anything I said a a bash towards any players then you took it wrong. I have two sons, one plays select the other plays league, by their choice not by talent level.And my name is Christian Kemp, you have my son's registration info, he is playing on the Minor League Cardinals. Feel free to contact me for anything you need.

Now i see why every league president in the area asked me, "are you sure you what your getting yourself into."  I really don't see your point, other than trying to stir up drama before the season even starts.  All these kids signed up thru their league or online on the baseball academy website.  I guess if they played select before, i should just tell them they can't participate.  As i said before, there are a lot of extremely talented kids that don't play select baseball in this area for various reasons (time commitment, church, etc.).  The league is going to fun and the teams are going to be competitve.  If you don't like the way it was setup, i'm happy to offer you a full refund.  There are already kids on the waiting list that would be happy to get on a team.  Thats works better for me, than trying to stir up problems on a forum.

Can't we all just get along?????  ;D  JT... As a former league president, I know what you are going through.  Not everyone will be happy all of the time.  But you have done the best you can and made an honest attempt at putting these teams together as fairly and equal as possible while still satisfying a geographical convenience for everyone.  Now lets move on and PLAY BALL!!!  ;D

[quote name="Bulldog Dad" post="829966" timestamp="1282669578"]
Can't we all just get along?????  ;D  JT... As a former league president, I know what you are going through.  Not everyone will be happy all of the time.  But you have done the best you can and made an honest attempt at putting these teams together as fairly and equal as possible while still satisfying a geographical convenience for everyone.  Now lets move on and PLAY BALL!!!  ;D
[/quote]
BulldogDad..looking back at your earlier post i believe you started this mess by saying how stacked one of the Major teams are and how The Baseball Academy needs to look into this next year to make sure this does not happen again. Gee, can't we all just keep our traps shut and just get along? ;D

[quote name="Bulldog Dad" post="829315" timestamp="1282532635"]
Yes.... I see one in the major division made up of nearly all players from one particular select team roster.  I think the problem is that teams were formed with geographic area being considered for convenience.  Guess they didn't think about the possibility of these teams being made up of mostly select players from the same team... Going forward (next season) perhaps SETXBA should create the rosters and do a check before they are finalized to ensure that the majority of the players have not played together... tough to do but i believe something could be done to ensure that teams do not get "stacked".  All in all though, looking forward to playing this fall.. should be fun and a great opportunity for some kids who have never played "real" baseball to learn a few things.
[/quote]
BulldogDad..here is what you stated earlier. It looks like you started this negative train a rolling.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="830027" timestamp="1282676708"]
[quote author=Bulldog Dad link=topic=71794.msg829315#msg829315 date=1282532635]
[/quote]
BulldogDad..here is what you stated earlier. It looks like you started this negative train a rolling.
[/quote]
Sorry, my bad..Bulldog Dad did not start it..Castor did. Bulldog just agreed with it by pointing out there is a stacked Major team as well.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="830030" timestamp="1282676968"]
[quote author=pngpurple4ever link=topic=71794.msg830027#msg830027 date=1282676708]
[quote author=Bulldog Dad link=topic=71794.msg829315#msg829315 date=1282532635]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Sorry, my bad..Bulldog Dad did not start it..Castor did. Bulldog just agreed with it by pointing out there is a stacked Major team as well.
[/quote]

And I would have been happy to leave it with his explanation of geographic team building, except I was labeled as a "All-Star" hater. The thing is my son is playing on a team made up of mostly kids that played only all stars, and we signed up with them as a group. So in reality if I was a hater I don't think I would have ever signed up with that team. Hopefully this was taken care of through a PM with Jason.

Jason I tried to send you a pm but for some reason it is not showing in my outbox. If you did not get one from me please let me know so I can resend it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83