Kirbyville Dominates Silsbee In Scrimmage According To Enterprise

[quote name="biaplayer" post="825444" timestamp="1281822237"]
Sounds like to me Silsbee needs a QB?????? two scores to nothing i wouldnt call dominating sounds like the tigers are headed for a losing season

[/quote]

Yep. If they can't outscore Kirbyville in a scrimmage, the season is over.

I would not say that Kirbyville dominated, but they played better than what Silsbee did, that's for sure.

Numbers for the game:

Controlled scrimmage:

Silsbee 1st team 15 plays

23 total yards, 1 first down

Kirbyville 1st team 15 plays

79 total yards, 4 first downs, touchdown

Silsbee 2nd team 15 plays

27 yards, 1 first down

Kirbyville 1st team (Wildcats played 1st team against Silsbee's 2nd team defense)

79 total yards, 4 first downs, touchdown

Silsbee 1st team 15 plays

66 yards, 4 first downs

Kirbyville 1st team (some subs) 15 plays

24 yards, 2 first downs

Final totals

Silsbee  45 plays  116 yards  6 first downs  0 TD's

Kirbyville 45 plays  182 yards  10 first downs  2 TD's

I was very impressed with Kirbyville's offensive line. They controled the line of scrimmage.

Silsbee has a lot to work on but it is very hard to come out in the first scrimmage and play a defense that blitzed probably 95% or more during the scrimmage. Tigers just weren't ready for that just yet.

Guest rykerx144
Yea I made the scrimmage.  Was very impressed with kville O line.  That was an area they was worried about replacing but they seemed to play tough.  Not real big but seemed well coached and performed well.  Didnt see much of Ford of course and had three other starters not playing but looked good. 
Kville defense looked real good.  They did blitz alot for a scrimmage but thats part of the new look they was working on.  Secondary and backs covered well and against Silsbee thats always tough to do. 

Oh and Aggies, they did start their second team!  They call them JV.  LOL  The few subs you seen go in on O well thats it!!  LOL

People sound like Silsbee was terrible but thats ridulous.  They are fast as usual.  Backs looked good.  Its obvious they are looking for the right guy at QB.  Defensively the front line needs some work but backfield agains is fast as usual.  They will get the QB line out and once he gets settled down and a few adjustments to D then Silsbee will be tough as usual.  Dont forget this was a scrimmage and not a real game.  This was 15 controlled plays.  You add full length quarters and with silsbees size, speed, and depth the Enterprise headline might have read something totally different!!

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="825830" timestamp="1281911019"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=71645.msg825828#msg825828 date=1281910844]
Better than anything they mentioned the new pressbox, restrooms, and concession stand!  ;D
[/quote]

Amen Lefty....We had that press box when roosevelt was president... ;D
[/quote]

You aren't kidding about the pressbox.  It scared me when the coaches would get "upset" and start stomping on the floor above us the last 2 yrs!

BTW, how have you been?

[quote name="Lefty99" post="825832" timestamp="1281911164"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=71645.msg825830#msg825830 date=1281911019]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=71645.msg825828#msg825828 date=1281910844]
Better than anything they mentioned the new pressbox, restrooms, and concession stand!  ;D
[/quote]

Amen Lefty....We had that press box when roosevelt was president... ;D
[/quote]

You aren't kidding about the pressbox.  It scared me when the coaches would get "upset" and start stomping on the floor above us the last 2 yrs!

BTW, how have you been?
[/quote]

Doing Good....Kim and the grandkids came over from Louisiana and stayed 3 days with us...She has three boys...Man I had A ball with them...Take Care.. ;)

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="825837" timestamp="1281913974"]
Did they add more seats?
[/quote]

Nope..however they did put 55 gal drums cut in half and converted them to about a hundred new seats to catch the over-flow.....They placed them in the north and south end zones...(prime seats) Only a buck apiece for reserved seating... (*if anyone plans to reserve one,be sure to get the half that don't have the cap on it)... ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="825633" timestamp="1281845613"]
Sub-varsity results

Silsbee 9th    3 TD's
Kirbyville 9th  1 TD

Silsbee JV      5 TD's
Kirbyville JV    1 TD
[/quote] WOW!! Silsbee underclassman dominated ours....oh just wait until these young men get on varsity under coach Alvarez. ;D

[quote name="Tiger05" post="825516" timestamp="1281831650"]
It is not unusual for the Tigers to lose every scrimmage and pre-season game and still win
district and go 1 or 2 deep in the play-off so I not sweating this so called loss.....  ;)

Silsbee has always been slow out of the gate

[/quote]

Really? How many times have they lost every scrimmage and every pre-season game and still won district?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder