Prospect League at Lamar in October

We are working hard at filling the rosters for the 3rd annual Golden Triangle Prospect League at LAMAR UNIVERSITY every Monday Night in October.
We are not concerned with which summer program for which you compete, we just want to connect that bridge with recruiter to the player from Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana, as well as aid the Lamar staff with local kids performing for them at Vincent Beck.

Please email me with information, especially you high school coaches if you havent received your "player recommendation form".

Let me clearly state in advance, we DO NOT accept all players who have interest, for we have a qualification process.
There are only so many roster spots and time we have Lamars field to perform each week.
Selection based on:
Skill level
Projectability
Success on the field
Academic Standing
Recommendations from other high school coaches in the players district
Recommendations from college recruiters who want to bare down on a local kid more in depth

We have a 8man staff which includes professional scouts who are responsible for this region evaluating talent.

[u]Here is a quick list of kids who have competed in the league the past 2 years. [/u] / (I Apologize for not listing all recruited kids)
Stefan Cloroen - Univ Houston / Nathanial Svoboda - San Jac / Tanner Mathis - Ole Miss / Matt Hicks - Univ La-Lafayette / Phillip Menou - La Tech / Evan Powell - LSU
Logan Johnson - Panola / Joseph Robertson - Cisco JC / Connor McDonald - McClennen JC / Jeremy Pinders - Tx A-M-Corpus Cristi / Kane Benoit - Lamar / Cody Laird - Lamar
Chris Muellner - Blinn JC / Tim Barry - Blinn JC / Keith Lemelle - Southern Univ / Tyler Theriot - Lamar / Brandon Broussard - LSUe /  Jude Vidrine - Lamar / ...and so on...

[email protected] / Gladiator Baseball

• 2 weeks later...
Yes sir or ma'am,
Stricly for the high school student moving towards graduation.

This league was developed 3 years ago after I moved here from Louisiana for I felt it was a need for "seniors-to-be" to aid in the recruiting process to supply exposure.
With our regions(SETx-SwLa) population and the amount of quality high school coaches, players, and fan support, it was a priority of mine to bring recruiters in as well as bring "over-looked" kids into Lamar's backyard to evaluate.
So far, so good, done on minimal funding, either out of my own pocket or fees paid for by the Prospect's Family.

I have recently been getting numerous emails and calls from players as far out as Lufkin, Wharton, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport to come down to participate, but I am SETx-SWLa first and foremost.

I do want to address, I do invite some underclassman but on a selection-process only, through recommendations from scouts, high school coaches, or kids I have seen myself and project very well as a junior-senior.

Hope this gives a little more insight and once again, this cant be done without the continued support of high school coaches and the entire Lamar University Baseball Staff.

Chris Fackler

[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="826487" timestamp="1282081401"]
Yes sir or ma'am,
Stricly for the high school student moving towards graduation.

This league was developed 3 years ago after I moved here from Louisiana for I felt it was a need for "seniors-to-be" to aid in the recruiting process to supply exposure.
With our regions(SETx-SwLa) population and the amount of quality high school coaches, players, and fan support, it was a priority of mine to bring recruiters in as well as bring "over-looked" kids into Lamar's backyard to evaluate.
So far, so good, done on minimal funding, either out of my own pocket or fees paid for by the Prospect's Family.

I have recently been getting numerous emails and calls from players as far out as Lufkin, Wharton, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport to come down to participate, but I am SETx-SWLa first and foremost.

I do want to address, I do invite some underclassman but on a selection-process only, through recommendations from scouts, high school coaches, or kids I have seen myself and project very well as a junior-senior.

Hope this gives a little more insight and once again, this cant be done without the continued support of high school coaches and the entire Lamar University Baseball Staff.

Chris Fackler
[/quote]
Thanks, guess we just missed the boat then!

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="835876" timestamp="1283288425"]
[quote author=BCcardbacker link=topic=71446.msg831669#msg831669 date=1282887135]
I sure thought he would, but didn't happen.  Not sure why because he had the talent and numbers. 
[/quote]
He could go to some try outs.
[/quote]  He tried out for Wharton and Tyler JC and some Utah school that just needed pitchers and catchers. 

[quote name="BCcardbacker" post="835879" timestamp="1283288836"]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=71446.msg835876#msg835876 date=1283288425]
[quote author=BCcardbacker link=topic=71446.msg831669#msg831669 date=1282887135]
I sure thought he would, but didn't happen.  Not sure why because he had the talent and numbers. 
[/quote]
He could go to some try outs.
[/quote]  He tried out for Wharton and Tyler JC and some Utah school that just needed pitchers and catchers. 
[/quote]
no luck? Well, all I can say is keep trying..ETBU maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
BC05, no, but is going to Lamar Orange and says he will try again next year so we will see.  Not sure how hard that is to do but as of now he intends to make many more tryouts next season.  He missed out on alot as he thought he had a good chance of getting something through his coaches, but that didn't happen so he will be better prepared to do it on his own next time and not let opportunities get by.  Working out alot and staying in top shape will help and at least he hasn't given up at this point. 

[quote name="BCcardbacker" post="846935" timestamp="1284432295"]
BC05, no, but is going to Lamar Orange and says he will try again next year so we will see.  Not sure how hard that is to do but as of now he intends to make many more tryouts next season.  He missed out on alot as he thought he had a good chance of getting something through his coaches, but that didn't happen so he will be better prepared to do it on his own next time and not let opportunities get by.  Working out alot and staying in top shape will help and at least he hasn't given up at this point. 
[/quote]
that's good to hear! thanks for the update!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami