19-4A

[quote name="bronco1" post="824342" timestamp="1281462269"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71443.msg824340#msg824340 date=1281462049]
Dayton is in for a rude awaking this year :'( I would suggest yall expect the worst then you won't be so disapointed when your sitting home after round 1. Plus all of the Crow you will be eating while the mighty Broncos begin to gear up for the rest of the sports they can't play. ;D
[/quote]

Football reigns supreme in Texas, we aren't overly concerned with anything else right now. As far as crow eating goes, I will take my chances especially when the team that we have to beat to prevent it is BH.
[/quote]

A lot more teams than BH to beat for the Bronco's to waltz into the 3rd round as everyone seems to believe will happen. But yes if BH beats yall you will have to shut this site down, change yalls name, colors and State ;D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
That 0 starters on the defensive side for rel will take a bite (even in little ol 4a panama).  Heard they have 38 varsity players at this time. Not bad I guess when RSS showed up with only 35. There will not be much improvement from last years 3 and 8 record for the ganders. Speedy will not have enough help.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="824350" timestamp="1281463263"]
That 0 starters on the defensive side for rel will take a bite (even in little ol 4a panama).  Heard they have 38 varsity players at this time. Not bad I guess when RSS showed up with only 35. There will not be much improvement from last years 3 and 8 record for the ganders. Speedy will not have enough help.
[/quote]

Remember this name Josh Zellers he is inside WR reminds me a lot of JC Hunter.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BHFAN" post="824344" timestamp="1281462511"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=71443.msg824342#msg824342 date=1281462269]
Dayton is in for a rude awaking this year :'( I would suggest yall expect the worst then you won't be so disapointed when your sitting home after round 1. Plus all of the Crow you will be eating while the mighty Broncos begin to gear up for the rest of the sports they can't play. ;D
[/quote]

Football reigns supreme in Texas, we aren't overly concerned with anything else right now. As far as crow eating goes, I will take my chances especially when the team that we have to beat to prevent it is BH.
[/quote]

A lot more teams than BH to beat for the Bronco's to waltz into the 3rd round as everyone seems to believe will happen. But yes if BH beats yall you will have to shut this site down, change yalls name, colors and State ;D
[/quote] In case you are interested Daytons tailgate party is this Sat. on the home side of Bronco Stadium at 2 P.M. You know you wanna come. BH in my opinion probably won't even make it to the 1st playoff game this year. But hey I will buy you a Bronco shirt and when Dayton starts the playoffs you can wear it and get out on 146 and thumb a ride with someone to the next playoff game. But you have to wear the purple shirt before anyone from Dayton will pick you up. I'll be looking for you on 146 come playoff time.  ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="824344" timestamp="1281462511"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah, nothing could be worse than all the smack we talked to Lumberton in 07'. That was an humbling experience but we made it through alright.

In all seriousness, I had and have some concerns about this season for the Broncos, some young players will have to step up for us to make a showing in the playoffs. Some of my concerns were done away with this past week, things in some areas are better than I hoped.That said our chances are much greater than anybody elses in 19-4A to make a run.

Coach is being a bit disingenuous there.

Jaevon, Josh Brooks and Israel Lodge all played quite a bit in the defensive backfield last year and started some games.
The linebackers are all new, but the kid in the middle, Salinas, is a sophomore and will be better this year than anyone they had last year.  The two outside spots are a bit iffy.
The defensive line from last year was also the offensive line from last year for the most part.  Tim Smith, Ruben and Boyd played when the going got tough.  Boyd is back at OL, so he can play some DL if he needs to.  Arispe is moving over from starting on the OL to starting on the DL.  Luigi Montes started a game or two early in the year last year at defensive line.  They have a kid that came up and played defensive end last year and got a ton of playing time.

So, I guess he can technically say they don't have any starters coming back on defense, but if I had to just say from my own personal recollection on who was starting at the end of the year.....they have at least 4 starters back on defense.  Not that they had a great defense either way last year

Zellars comparison to Hunter is a good comparison.  Zellars has D1 type athleticism though where Hunter did not.
This will be the most athletic set of skill position players that Lee has had in a while.  They may have had this type of athleticism with Jarvis Moore, Rashad Mohammed, Kevin Craft, Jahwran Goode, Thomas Bates, etc. when they nearly beat North Shore a few years back in the first round of the playoffs.

It's going to come down to the younger kids growing up and the qb playing mistake free ball.  If, and that's a big if, those happen, then Lee will be able to put some points on the board this year.

The best part is that 9 of the starters on offense will be back next year.

I challenge you GCM to go and watch a Lee practice.
They may not have a ton of guys, which a lot of 4A teams do not, but they have two handfuls of athletes that are going to be dangerous with the ball in their hand.

Guest GCMPats
I aviod Market St. like the plague.

We've all got "a few athletes". That's the problem, it's only a few.

Heck, they moved 2 portable buildings onto the GCM campus this summer. But I would venture to guess that the football numbers for all 3 schools will be about the same.

I know Lee will have athletes and they play with a ton of confidence.  We are all just running out of horses.

Last year Lee simply did not have the athletes to compete.
They had 4 better than average athletes.

Jaevon Richardson, Trey Murray, Dandrick Jackson and Trent Warren.
They had to split those guys up between 4 receiver positions and 4 db positions.
Most times they had Jaevon at WR and Dandrick at RB and 3 warm bodies at the other three receiver positions.
It just wasn't hard to defense.

This year Lee has 8 or 9 better than average athletes.
They have enough for all of the skill positions.

The sophomore class this year, with Zellars, Franklin, the other Richardson and O'neal, is a good one.
Landry, Barnabba, Johnson and Scott(who I believe is back with the team after missing spring practice) are all juniors and have the physical maturity to compete at this level now.

J. Richardson is obviously good to go.

Lodge and Brooks are both seniors now and have a better chance of hanging with the competition at this level.

Seriously, I would love to go watch GCM practice if I didn't live in Missouri City.
You should swing by Lee today and give me your impressions.
The stink won't rub off on you.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="824375" timestamp="1281469228"]
Coach is being a bit disingenuous there.

Jaevon, Josh Brooks and Israel Lodge all played quite a bit in the defensive backfield last year and started some games.
The linebackers are all new, but the kid in the middle, Salinas, is a sophomore and will be better this year than anyone they had last year.  The two outside spots are a bit iffy.
The defensive line from last year was also the offensive line from last year for the most part.  Tim Smith, Ruben and Boyd played when the going got tough.  Boyd is back at OL, so he can play some DL if he needs to.  Arispe is moving over from starting on the OL to starting on the DL.  Luigi Montes started a game or two early in the year last year at defensive line.  They have a kid that came up and played defensive end last year and got a ton of playing time.

So, I guess he can technically say they don't have any starters coming back on defense, but if I had to just say from my own personal recollection on who was starting at the end of the year.....they have at least 4 starters back on defense.  Not that they had a great defense either way last year

Zellars comparison to Hunter is a good comparison.  [b]Zellars has D1 type athleticism though where Hunter did not[/b].
This will be the most athletic set of skill position players that Lee has had in a while.  They may have had this type of athleticism with Jarvis Moore, Rashad Mohammed, Kevin Craft, Jahwran Goode, Thomas Bates, etc. when they nearly beat North Shore a few years back in the first round of the playoffs.

It's going to come down to the younger kids growing up and the qb playing mistake free ball.  If, and that's a big if, those happen, then Lee will be able to put some points on the board this year.

The best part is that 9 of the starters on offense will be back next year.

I challenge you GCM to go and watch a Lee practice.
They may not have a ton of guys, which a lot of 4A teams do not, but they have two handfuls of athletes that are going to be dangerous with the ball in their hand.
[/quote]

Pam I usually agree with most thing you say but JC was a D1 athlete since his sophomore year. You can ask any coach that was during his time. They will tell you he was the best WR to ever play at Lee.

JC was a bad dude, no doubt.
I always thought he was a step slow.
I did a quick search and Rivals said he had offers from Auburn and Pitt and had him ranked as the 77th best WR in the nation, so I stand corrected.
I still say Zellars has more raw athleticism when all is said and done.  He will end up in the overall top 50-75 in Texas when he is a senior in my opinion.

jabu, did you go catch the practice yesterday?
Any other insight you would like to share?
I'm alway up for hearing more about the Ganders.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="824395" timestamp="1281473290"]
They had a kid a while back named Rahib (if my fading memory is correct) that was pretty legit.
[/quote]

Rashad Mohammed?  Haji Tommy?

Lee has had a long string of talented receivers.
All the way back from Wallace Louis to Isaac Hart, Haji Tommy, Robert Ellis, Chad Irwin, Andre Johnson, Jeremy Woods, JC Hunter, Hammond Thomas, Jaymond Cleveland, Michael Redd, Anthony Carr, James Cleveland,  Rashad Mohammed, Kevin Craft, Jaevon Richardson.
I'm sure there are some I am missing.

As good of qb's as Lee has had over the last 15 years, the receivers have been nearly as good.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="824396" timestamp="1281473493"]
JC was a bad dude, no doubt.
I always thought he was a step slow.
I did a quick search and Rivals said he had offers from Auburn and Pitt and had him ranked as the 77th best WR in the nation, so I stand corrected.
I still say Zellars has more raw athleticism when all is said and done.  He will end up in the overall top 50-75 in Texas when he is a senior in my opinion.

jabu, did you go catch the practice yesterday?
Any other insight you would like to share?
I'm alway up for hearing more about the Ganders.
[/quote]
didn't get a chance to go. I told josh I would see them thursday when I am off.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="824340" timestamp="1281462049"]
[/quote] Crow ! You must have dyslexia - you got it back wards son BH is the smack queen of 19a theres a diff between smack and facts. Dayton doesn't have to brag(to much) or make  clueless predictions our record pretty much speaks for itself ,but I must say all your fantasy smack will make it fun beating you again. :-X

All those doubting Dayton please post your practice times if you don't mind and I'll go check your team out.I'm hearing rumors BH is having trouble getting kids out to play for the new regime.Alot of ya'll's players would drag up trying to make a starting position @ Dayton.We found out right quick last year w/the Crosby transfer being lazy at first and he had to get w/the program.Even so he did not put up the great numbers expected and he made a ask of his self in the  Dayton/Crosby gm.Went by BH/GCM yesterday evening so ya must practice in the morn.It will be very interesting to see what BH?GCM has @QB this year as last yrs.was pretty much what carried the team.Without exp. @ that position I wouldn't be talking much smack cause the new better have lots of wheels 8) ::) :D :D

[quote name="liltex" post="824497" timestamp="1281496773"]
I may do that next time I visit kin in Baytown.Watchin HS football for over 40 yrs.and I watch not just the backfield but more important the trenches.If your winning there anybody can look good.
[/quote]

Nah man....don't look at the trenches.  You don't wanna look over there. ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="824355" timestamp="1281464816"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71443.msg824344#msg824344 date=1281462511]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] In case you are interested Daytons tailgate party is this Sat. on the home side of Bronco Stadium at 2 P.M. You know you wanna come. BH in my opinion probably won't even make it to the 1st playoff game this year. But hey I will buy you a Bronco shirt and when Dayton starts the playoffs you can wear it and get out on 146 and thumb a ride with someone to the next playoff game. But you have to wear the purple shirt before anyone from Dayton will pick you up. I'll be looking for you on 146 come playoff time.  ;D
[/quote]

Thanks for the invite ;D I have my own ride but thanks for the offer to yalls game (You noticed i said game not games) in the playoff.  Oh and I need an XL for that shirt (I just love shirts) Can you send me an order form, so I can begin making my selections ;D

Football is almost here folks!!!!!!

[quote name="bronco1" post="824371" timestamp="1281468839"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71443.msg824344#msg824344 date=1281462511]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah, nothing could be worse than all the smack we talked to Lumberton in 07'. That was an humbling experience but we made it through alright.

In all seriousness, I had and have some concerns about this season for the Broncos, some young players will have to step up for us to make a showing in the playoffs. Some of my concerns were done away with this past week, things in some areas are better than I hoped.That said our chances are much greater than anybody elses in 19-4A to make a run.
[/quote]

You started off with some reality then just went back into the weeds ;D I know yall hate Crosby, but you have to give them some props! Dayton and Crosby are the teams to beat this year and I don't know what BH is going to do knowing they have to learn a new system, but I do know the Eagles are motivatied and ready to learn and get back to winning!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami