"NEW" GT Shockers 12U (99) Tryouts

This is a brand new team, it is not the 10U of last year moving up! All decisions will be made by non-parent coaches!

We will have tryouts

Sunday August 1, 2:00pm at College Street Complex 3
Sunday August 8, 2:00pm at College Street Complex 3
Sunday August 15 2:00pm at West Brook HS (if necessary) during the GTS Gold tryouts

Looking for '99 and '00, we will not be taking any '98's

The player development will be conducted by me (Craig Soignet) and current GTS Gold players! Other parents (ex-coaches) from the GTS Gold have committed to helping develop this group as well! The current GTS Gold coaches (R. Armentrout & Jessica Lemoine) will also assist in catching lesson, pitching lessons, and hitting.

We will have a single goal of qualifiying for ASA Nationals. State, Regionals, HOF Qualifiers, HOF Championship! We will play in the lower age division of the Ronald McDonald and friendlies amoung top teams in this age division! We will play other qualifiers in and around our quest for ASA!

questions? you can pm me or call 409-284-6809

Thanks to all the players and parents for coming today, very good showing in numbers and talent. From what I saw today, these kids will  compare to the last team I coached at this level. We had kids from all over, including kids from outside the GT!

I look forward to working with some of these kids and seeing more kids next week!

The following girls have committed to the GT Shocker 12U team. No positions have been determined at this time, just quality players. Positions will be determined after all players have been selected.

1- Hannah Smith              Nederland
2- Kimberly Mattox           Jasper
3- Marilyn Alvarado           Brookland
4- Marlee Barnett             Port Neches
5- Baylee Priddy               Lumberton
6- Kennedy Johnson          Beaumont
7- Alexis LaBure               Port Neches
8- Raven Britt                  Vidor

Thanks again for the great turnout today, look forward to seeing everyone again next week! There were a few others that we would really like to see again before making a final decision, and of course welcome any new players that would like to be part of a great group of kids, with an unlimited opportunity!

Raven Britt has been added to this team.

Due to the number of committed players (8) and the large turnout last week and the anticipated number of girls coming next Sunday, we will not be having the 3rd tryout date. This date will be considered practice.

August 8th - Complex 3 - Beaumont Sports Complex @ 2:00pm will be our final tryout.

Thanks again to the parents and players for participating last Sunday( I look forward to seeing some of you again). I forgot to thank all of the GTS Gold coaches and players for assisting with tryouts, Thank You.

Guest shake and bake
Tiger, I knew you couldn't stay away ;D. I am really liking this retirement thing. I can mow the grass, and do lots of make up work that has been put off for the last 8 years or so.  ;D

[quote name="shake and bake" post="823587" timestamp="1281202678"]
Tiger, I knew you couldn't stay away ;D. I am really liking this retirement thing. I can mow the grass, and do lots of make up work that has been put off for the last 8 years or so.  ;D
[/quote]

I did retire for one year ( and REALLY enjoyed it)....I took the Bret Farve retirement package. However, in the end, I coudnt stay way, youre right.....I love the the game and the kids.

[quote name="Tigers9" post="823590" timestamp="1281204652"]
[quote author=shake and bake link=topic=71312.msg823587#msg823587 date=1281202678]
[/quote]

I did retire for one year ( and REALLY enjoyed it)....I took the Bret Farve retirement package. However, in the end, I coudnt stay way, youre right.....I love the the game and the kids.
[/quote]

But will you wear your retirement sandals out on the field?  ;D ;D
Good luck my friend...I miss it too!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="823742" timestamp="1281279062"]
[quote author=Tigers9 link=topic=71312.msg823590#msg823590 date=1281204652]
[quote author=shake and bake link=topic=71312.msg823587#msg823587 date=1281202678]
[/quote]

[/quote]

But will you wear your retirement sandals out on the field?   ;D ;D
Good luck my friend...I miss it too!
[/quote]

No.  I havent worn those since Trout told me I couldnt come on HIS field with them on.......they werent really ME anyway!

You  can come out and help me.......just like old times.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami