Game of the year?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="819009" timestamp="1279549447"]
[quote author=NewIndian link=topic=71030.msg818984#msg818984 date=1279533409]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=71030.msg818423#msg818423 date=1279243797]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=71030.msg818415#msg818415 date=1279241572]
i think you both are wrong PNG over Brenham then going on to face Aledo and MR GREY ;)
[/quote]

ROTFL...   All I can say to that, is you better hope PNG goes D1 with Central....     ;)
[/quote]

Nah got payback on our mind and our "D" still remembers your QBs quote after the game
[/quote]

Ya, it happens. He's just a hs kid learning how to talk to and deal with the media.  It's actually our paper you should blame.  They posted something about a couple of people, (not sure if they were players, parents or fans) who were saying, "Brenham's about baseball, not football...bring on Angleton.  They even lost to Waller two weeks ago.". He was prolly reacting to that, and a couple of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties y'all had at the end of the game.  He was wrong, but you live and you learn.(especially at 16 years old) Personally, I love the pride and tradition PNG has and have the upmost respect for your school.  I apologize on behalf of Brenham, if Schlottmann's comments affended anybody.
[/quote]

BrenhamFan good post. You sound like a class act.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="818346" timestamp="1279226820"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71030.msg818342#msg818342 date=1279226463]
Week 9, I would take Silsbee @ WOS over Newton @ Anahuac.

But that's just me. ;) ;D
[/quote]

Me, too!
[/quote]

[img]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy243/artdaley/yuyuyuyu.gif[/img]

C'mon guys - both of these 2A schools will be better than those 3A schools this season and besides, it wouldn't hurt for y'all to make a trip to "the whack" anyway!!!

Last game of the season being on a Thursday, will give us an extra day to rest our players before the 1st round of the playoffs.  Make sure everyone is healthy against Willis or whoever we get matched up with.  So how do I get to Dayton from Brenham, and any recommendations as far as resturaunts there?  I plan on Catching the Ike game.

The easiest way to get to Dayton from Brenham is to catch 290 and take it all the way to Houston. Then, take the North Beltway on around to Hwy. 90 and go east. That will run you right into Dayton. Or you can get on Hwy 105 and take it all of the way to Cleveland, then get on 321 and run into Dayton. This way may be a little longer, but you will not have to pay tolls like you will if you take the first way and go on Beltway 8.

As for restaurants:

[list]
[*]Los Compadres is the most preferred (by the people of Dayton) of the two Mexican food restauants in town, but Jose's is just as satisfying.
[*]The Branding Iron has about the same cuisine as K-Bob's in Brenham.
[*]We also have a place called the Country Kitchen that has a full menu all day (I recommend the pancakes, even for supper).
[*]Of course we have several fast food restaurants in Dayton: Burger King, McDonalds, Sonic, Subway, Hartz Chicken, and Dairy Queen.
[/list]
Hope this helps Brenhamfan.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="820920" timestamp="1280239715"]
The easiest way to get to Dayton from Brenham is to catch 290 and take it all the way to Houston. Then, take the North Beltway on around to Hwy. 90 and go east. That will run you right into Dayton. Or you can get on Hwy 105 and take it all of the way to Cleveland, then get on 321 and run into Dayton. This way may be a little longer, but you will not have to pay tolls like you will if you take the first way and go on Beltway 8.

As for restaurants:

[list]
[*]Los Compadres is the most preferred (by the people of Dayton) of the two Mexican food restauants in town, but Jose's is just as satisfying.
[*]The Branding Iron has about the same cuisine as K-Bob's in Brenham.
[*]We also have a place called the Country Kitchen that has a full menu all day (I recommend the pancakes, even for supper).
[*]Of course we have several fast food restaurants in Dayton: Burger King, McDonalds, Sonic, Subway, Hartz Chicken, and Dairy Queen.
[/list]
Hope this helps Brenhamfan.
[/quote]

Sure does, thanks.  I guess i'll leave early to avoid Houston traffic and get something to eat before watching y'all handle Ike.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder