PN-G vs Gregory Portland week 0 predictions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="818136" timestamp="1279139708"]
Port Neches Groves should win they play against that style of offense 2 times a year.
[/quote]
If they run one of the variations of the Tee, then our coaches showed a pretty stout defense last year to slow those offenses down.

Livingston 39 rushes 85 yards 2.2 ypc (93 total yards) 7 pts
Vidor 37 rushes 182 yards 4.9 ypc (250 total yards) 13 pts - that was against the very good three headed monster they had last year.

i think our defense will stop the run and make them pass the ball, but with no knowledge of this team at all i cant really say much but just predict the win, It will be up to  the kids to make this happen,  just guessing though i think we put at least 30 on them and that should be enough to win, I think that our offense will be too much for them to overcome with the run. they will have to change up their game plans and force them to throw the ball and that is where we will hurt them the most.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="818887" timestamp="1279480195"]
i think our defense will stop the run and make them pass the ball, but with no knowledge of this team at all i cant really say much but just predict the win, It will be up to  the kids to make this happen,  just guessing though i think we put at least 30 on them and that should be enough to win, I think that our offense will be too much for them to overcome with the run. they will have to change up their game plans and force them to throw the ball and that is where we will hurt them the most.
[/quote]

For those that havn't seen FNF...

GP Scouting Report-  GP is well suited for another deep playoff run.  The Wildcats welcome back Kyle Fishbeck, a two-year starter at QB, who threw for 1,077 yards last season.  He doesn't need to throw the ball often with a deep and talented backfield paced by veterans Johnson and Rodriguez, sophomore Geiser is a great change of pace as a back as well.  The o-line took some hits with graduation but expect the Wildcats to simply reload.  The defense will be loaded with experience and led by LB Smallwood (154 tackles) who is one of the best players in the Coastal Bend.  Garza (100 tackles) and safety Polasek (136 tackles) chip in as well to give GP a top notch unit.  McMillion and Nolte are also expected to make a sizable impact.  Doomes is the only receiver back with alot of experience so getting some quility depth at that position will be vital as well.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="818929" timestamp="1279495746"]
thanks brenhamfan for the info , well i think our offense should give all their defensive guys fits, think it will be a good game to watch
[/quote]

Your welcome.  Just trying to help other fans out, so you no what you're up against.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="819014" timestamp="1279549842"]
[quote author=NDN4Life link=topic=70973.msg818997#msg818997 date=1279546751]
If the Indians play there game....and the D comes with it.....

PN-G 42
GP   17
[/quote]

I can almost guarantee this won't happen.  GP is very good and has alot of experience.
[/quote]

What makes you so sure?

I mean anything is possible, but with 2 teams that had 10+ wins last year, I don't see it being that lopsided.  Not to mention, both teams like to run the ball and control the game, so I think it stays close and niether will put up 30+.  GP's strength is their ground game and defense, so 42 is unlikely considering what they have returning.  Should be a good game though, that could go either way.  

I just want the Defense to come out mean like they did last year in the first game and the offense not too come out as timid as they did last year. Indians should win it, love to see another undefeated season. BF already can write his ticket can hardley wait for the indoor facility to become a reality

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder