Who will win Dist. 14-A??

• 2 weeks later...
Its people like "SFA65" that motivate the guys on the team to play harder. I am the runningback for Burkeville #22! I can promise you we will surprise alot of people this season!! Lost 4 good kids but have alot of talent comin up. Not sayin we will beat evadale but i can promise you again that it wont be easy!!

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="819338" timestamp="1279674005"]
Its people like "SFA65" that motivate the guys on the team to play harder. I am the runningback for Burkeville #22! I can promise you we will surprise alot of people this season!! Lost 4 good kids but have alot of talent comin up. Not sayin we will beat evadale but i can promise you again that it wont be easy!!
[/quote]

I like your spunk (that's a word us older folks use) Fanatic!
The Rebels have plenty coming back from last year, but that is why we play the games and doon't just crown a champion when the pre season previews come out. I have great respect for Burkeville and all the coaches and athletes that wear the Mustang blue and white, just like I respect High Island and Sabine Pass. The Rebels have a great roll going the past few years, but things can change. Don't get me wrong, i still believe that the district crown will come to the Rebels, but again that is why the games are played. I wish all the 14A D2 teams great pre district success. It will help people understand that small school football in SETX is something to be concerned with.

See you in Burkeville in October for the first game of district play! 

Evadale has the easiest district in Texas. Evadale will win District hands down. They may not even be scored on in District play. Just look at the other teams in their District, none of them have even 100 kids enrolled in school. It's looks like a 6-man District. Evadale will win each District game by 5 TD's or more !! The UIL messed up.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="820070" timestamp="1279930976"]
Evadale has the easiest district in Texas. Evadale will win District hands down. They may not even be scored on in District play. Just look at the other teams in their District, none of them have even 100 kids enrolled in school. It's looks like a 6-man District. Evadale will win each District game by 5 TD's or more !! The UIL messed up.
[/quote]

Not sure what to make of this one? The UIL set the enrollment figures and the teams are the same teams that we have had in district for years minus HD and WH being included in the D1 schools and Chester dropping to six man. I just wonder what was the mess up on the part of the UIL?

No one from Evadale was in on the district placement or the number of students to determine D1 or D2. Just looking for the clarification on 55's post.

Yeller Evadale did nothing wrong. I just think the UIL format regarding numbers is messed up. H-D and Evadale's enrollment numbers are only like 12 kids apart. Basicly the only two teams that could play with Evadale were removed from their District. Evadale was moved in to a District in which all teams in the District have 60-80 kids. Evadale had like 138 kids !! H-D had like 150 kids. My point is Evadale will have an easy District, basicly playing 6-man teams if you look at numbers.

High School sports in Southeast Texas 
How Class 6A would affect area teams w/breakdownJuly 22, 2010 at 7:38 pm by David Henry
If the UIL adds a Class 6A, the classes would most likely be evened out to be 200 schools per class, according to the UIL executive director.

Here is what the cutoffs would be using 200 schools per class and below is a list of which area schools would fall under each category.

6A: 2,204 and up

5A: 1,396 and 2,203

4A: 594- 1,395

3A: 277- 593

2A: 143-276

1A: 142- and under

(note- these cutoffs are based on 200 schools per class. This is not official)

6A:

West Brook 2,467

Memorial 2,460

5A:

Central 1,624

Nederland 1,459

Vidor 1,416

Port Neches-Groves 1,401

4A:

Little Cypress-Mauriceville 1,125

Ozen 1,227

Lumberton 1,063.5