District32 Senior Div. Little League Vidor wins game one Sectional Tournament

District Tournament
Game 3 Results Vidor 12 and Bridge City 5
Kevin Patella led off the game with a homerun and hit another homerun at his second up to bat going 5-5 tonight.  
John Boy Smith pitched  awesome not allowing any runs scorded while he was on the mound.
Nick Foshee made some outstanding plays at first base.
Bryce Cooper also played great defense at short stop and third base.
Tate Orr did and excellent job hitting tonight.
Slate Ducleion, Brandon Clayton, Steven Clayton, Chas York, Wesley Parks and Will Morphis all played as a team and did a great job tonight hitting and fielding.

Special Thanks goes out to Coach Mike Godeaux and Coach Allen Morphis  
for all there hard work with the team. :D

[move][color=goldenrod]The Pirates will travel to Regionals Next Week in the Woodlands.[/color][/move]
Some of Bridge City's highlights.
Bryce Sampere      (Bridge City) Home Run
Paul Fregie           (Bridge City) Home Run

Game 2 Results Vidor 8 Bridge City 5

Bryce Cooper (Vidor) and Steven Clayton (Vidor)did an excellent job pitching.
Will Morphis  (Vidor) and Wesley Parks    (Vidor) did an outstanding job hitting.
Kevin Patella  (Vidor) 3 Run Homerun and a Grandslam

Bryce Sampere      (Bridge City) Home Run
Paul Fregie           (Bridge City) outstanding fielding and pitching.

The next game will be Wednesday Night at Bridge City Little League 7:00 pm

I'm confused, I thought Nederland was playing Bridge City for title in the the 12 year old division, Monday night 7pm and if BC won they where champions and if Nederland won they played again Wednesday with the winner of that game being crowned champion. I thought Vidor was knocked out by groves last week.

Actually it was Vidors Senior team against BC's Senior team (all 15 y/o's),  The Junior team plays tonight at PN for the Championship at 6:00.

BC's 12 y/o team defeated Nederland 4-3 last night to move on to sectionals.

[quote name="kp1fan" post="816405" timestamp="1278430584"]
Actually, FACT is they played during regular season as Juniors and have waivers to play all stars in the senior division. (which I have never heard of a team doing this before)
[/quote]

At 15, they are too old to play juniors.  Probably just played against junior teams so that they had somebody to play before all-stars started up. 

[quote name="kp1fan" post="816411" timestamp="1278431838"]
Okay, but remember players go by their little league age not their actual age. I would guess the majority of the players are probably 15 playing as 14 year olds. 
Here is a question????
Why did they all have to get waivers if they were truly a senior team?
[/quote]

Unless they all turned 15 last month, then they are probably league age 15, which would put them in Senior league.  I'm guessing they needed a waiver because they did'nt actually play in a Senior league this year.  That's just a guess.  Couldn't say for sure.

[quote name="kp1fan" post="816411" timestamp="1278431838"]
Okay, but remember players go by their little league age not their actual age. I would guess the majority of the players are probably 15 playing as 14 year olds. 
Here is a question????
Why did they all have to get waivers if they were truly a senior team?
[/quote]none of the kids playing on the b.c. senior all-star team are league age 14 or under. they are ALL league age 15 or 16. b.c., p.n., and p.a.a. decided this year to have junior teams for 13, 14, and 15 yr olds and not to field any regular season senior teams. they got a waiver to make all of the 15 yr olds a senior all-star team. the 15s can't play on the junior all-stars. i'm not sure why these leagues didn't have regular season senior teams. vidor chose to have regular season junior (only 13 and 14's) and regular season senior (only 15 and 16's) teams. b.c. also had to get "some sort" of waiver for one of the kids on the senior team because he lives and goes to school in vidor.

Game2
Thursday July 15th Vidor District 32 vs Amelia District 12  7:00 pm in the Woodlands
Results of game 1
Vidor 3 Magnolia 2 after 8 innings

Bryce Cooper (Vidor)pitched an awesome game only letting one run score.
Will Morphis made a great catch in left field getting an out we desperately needed to end an inning.
Nick Foshee did a great job on first base tonight. 
Bryce Cooper hit a homerun in the seventh inning to tie the game.
Magnolia scored a run in the top of the eigth leaving the score 1-2. 
In the eigth inning Kevin Patella (Vidor) was hit by a stray pitch. Steven Clayton received a walk and Kevin Patella stole third while the catcher was talking to pitcher and did not call time.  Chas York came up and hit a hard single to centerfield bringing in Patella. Clayton scored on a steal at home after the catcher missed a pitch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami