New 12 u Team

I just heard a rumor about a new 12 u team being form. If what I am hearing is true I would love for my daughter to be part of it. Will it be a pure 99 team or a mixture. My daughter is a 2000 but I want her to move up. Hopefully some contact info will be put out about this team. If this is true about this team will someone post contact info.

LU football is back 

[quote name="17LivesOn" post="815902" timestamp="1278127078"]
So enlighten us.  What is the rumor?  Obviously you must have heard some coaches names to spark your interest.
[/quote]

What peak my interest was that it could possibly be the best thing since the Blast Teams. I was told that several people are trying to put the top talent together in the Golden Triangle area and develop them to be competetive with the Houston and Dallas teams. My daugther is only and average player but being around a real good group of girls and coaches she can't help but get better. I don't know if you all have notice how many twelve u teams are being formed in this area but it is defitnitely too many. I understand that every parent wants there daugther to be successful but at what cost. Why start a team so your daughter can play certain spots, work with her and get her better. Now if you are putting a group of girls together that are going to play high school ball together and you want them to get tournament time thats fine. But some of us out here are looking for more than that, we want our daughters to go to the next level. With saying that I hope someone can pull this off for the local area tired of the Houston teams dominating us. 

The Houston area teams do dominate most of the teams around here, but I think it is mainly because most of the teams around here do not play the Houston competition on a regular basis.  There are sooo many teams in Houston that their talent gets spread around a bit too.  They are all so good because the competition over there that they all play against week in and week out.  It gets expensive but you have to play against them to learn to play with them. 

You can gather the best girls from this area and win every local tournament, but until you play in Houston regularly it will be hard to compete with them.  Just my 2 cents.

LU, I'd encourage you to consider keeping your 2000 in 10U.  Reason - the Houston Select Talent of the top teams is amazing.  And we need the best 2000's we can get to be a top force against them.  At this age (8U and 10U in particular), in Houston, you don't see many playing up versus playing their age.  Out Of Control will have tryouts in August to build a new 10U-2K team.  The current 10U team of '99's will be moving up to 12U in August, and they proved to be extremely competitive versus Houston talent.  And we did it by recruiting the best we could find at the time.  Please e-mail me and I'll let you know of our 10U try-out times if you are interested.

[email protected]

Not sure I agree with staying "in your age group" in a cookie cutter decision. My kid has always played up (from 8U) she now plays (starts) Gold as a player still eligible to play 14U! She does struggle at times.....but staying down IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Let me spell this out! Unfortunately or Fortunately times have changed. If you want to play a college sport you MUST specialize (for the most part) AAU - Club - Select, etc! Top DI schools (SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, etc) are verbally committing players as early as their Freshman year. It doesnt matter whether we think that is too young.....its happening! What this means to our kids:

A) a decision to put the time, money and effort into softball starts around 11 years old!
B) Letters of interest should be sent as early as 7th grade (8th for sure) 12 - 13 years old - AND go to camps!
C) Playing and competing on a VERY solid 16U or Gold team that has RECRUITING as TOP priority, by fresh year (14-15 years old)
D) Prepare to be asked for committment by Sophmore year (15-16 years old)

Now all of this is stretched out somewhat of the smaller DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, and JUCO! We are signing players as late as their senior years, however, It becomes very difficult to impossible to find 4 year schools this late!

Its like anything else, be prepared to get out of something, what you put into it! BLOOD, SWEAT, and TEARS! If youre of the opinion "its JUST a game" then unless God has truely blessed you with a TON of talent, dont expect to play at the next level, or at least not at the top of that level!

I will have more details on this team within a week or so! This team will play out of the Golden Triangle, however, it wont consist of ONLY players from here!

Tiger - nice points and I don't take issue with them.  I'd love to see this area keep sending some of the younger teams to Houston and do well (8U - which we need and don't have in this area, and 10U).  And Houston's 8U's and 10U's are very competitive - it's a different world compared to what a lot of our girls at the younger ages are use to.  We'll need all the talent we can get to compete at those ages (including strong young pitchers for 10U - If anyone knows of one, I need her for August).  So it was just a consideration.

I moved from Houston and know that at those younger age groups it's less common in Select to see kids play up, and I think that does lend to the competitiveness of Houston (I don't know what they are feeding some of those 10 year olds, but they are huge).  Not a cookie cutter and I agree with you that there are some that are ready for the move up, it's just less common from what I've seen in Houston with the younger age groups.  A year makes a big difference in size and coordination at the younger ages (7-10).  If it were me with a 2000, I'd have to consider both options knowing there's not a lack of competitiveness and growth in 10U (we are going against Houston pitchers routinely throwing 50-56 fastballs at 35 feet with a mess of different pitches - just an example of how challenging (and fun) that age group is).

Irregardless, let's just get the younger GT girls on a field playing...

[quote name="Raider9900" post="816438" timestamp="1278437849"]
Tiger - nice points and I don't take issue with them.  I'd love to see this area keep sending some of the younger teams to Houston and do well (8U - which we need and don't have in this area, and 10U).  And Houston's 8U's and 10U's are very competitive - it's a different world compared to what a lot of our girls at the younger ages are use to.  We'll need all the talent we can get to compete at those ages (including strong young pitchers for 10U - If anyone knows of one, I need her for August).  So it was just a consideration.

I moved from Houston and know that at those younger age groups it's less common in Select to see kids play up, and I think that does lend to the competitiveness of Houston (I don't know what they are feeding some of those 10 year olds, but they are huge).  Not a cookie cutter and I agree with you that there are some that are ready for the move up, it's just less common from what I've seen in Houston with the younger age groups.  A year makes a big difference in size and coordination at the younger ages (7-10).  If it were me with a 2000, I'd have to consider both options knowing there's not a lack of competitiveness and growth in 10U (we are going against Houston pitchers routinely throwing 50-56 fastballs at 35 feet with a mess of different pitches - just an example of how challenging (and fun) that age group is).

[/quote]

Working on it! We played EVERY tournament in Houston, Oklahoma, to Colorado from 10U thru 14U we had a very high turnover due to work ethic, expectations, and cost. local (or even houston) "trophy" tournaments cost around $125.00 plus umpires.....the larger "national" type tournaments (Colorado, Hall of Fame, ASA State, ASA Regionals, etc) cost anywhere from $250 to $650, plus the extra travel.

Practice 3 days a week (min) plust EVERY Sat (from 9am - 6pm) and Sun (2pm to 6pm) that we were not playing.

Results: Every player made varsity at their respective schools as Freshmen, every player made all district as Freshmen, and NOW we have our first committed player as a Soph to DI McNeese..........why? Because these girls (AND PARENTS) were willing to put in the time an money to compete at the highest level posible....no exceptions.

We will try it again soon with another young group...........more to come!

[quote name="Tigers9" post="816456" timestamp="1278450942"]
[quote author=Raider9900 link=topic=70796.msg816438#msg816438 date=1278437849]

[/quote]

Working on it! We played EVERY tournament in Houston, Oklahoma, to Colorado from 10U thru 14U we had a very high turnover due to work ethic, expectations, and cost. local (or even houston) "trophy" tournaments cost around $125.00 plus umpires.....the larger "national" type tournaments (Colorado, Hall of Fame, ASA State, ASA Regionals, etc) cost anywhere from $250 to $650, plus the extra travel.

Practice 3 days a week (min) plust EVERY Sat (from 9am - 6pm) and Sun (2pm to 6pm) that we were not playing.

Results: Every player made varsity at their respective schools as Freshmen, every player made all district as Freshmen, and NOW we have our first committed player as a Soph to DI McNeese..........why? Because these girls (AND PARENTS) were willing to put in the time an money to compete at the highest level posible....no exceptions.

We will try it again soon with another young group...........more to come!
[/quote]

You can't start too young!!! I'm thinking T-Ball Gold. That is, for non multi-sport 5 yr olds only.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I guess what I heard was another internet rumor. There are alot of  teams starting their try outs so I guess I better make some with my daughter. With my luck I will have committed my daugther to a team and then information will be posted about this team.

LU Football is back 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed