Volleyball Heading

Would you like to see Volleyball get its own Heading on the Main Forum  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Volleyball get its own Heading on the Main Forum

• Yes,Its a major HS Sport
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="mactiger" post="818344" timestamp="1279226534"]
What if an administator did a fall preview like they did for football.  Might get some conversation started.
[/quote]

I'll take that as a compliment and thank you for it.  But most of talk about teams comes from the poster, not the staff.

Let me start out by saying I am a basketball guy.  Not a huge fan of volleyball , but go to all the games.  Volleyball deserves its own forum.  Attendance at volleyball games is comparable to girls basketball games.  Scholarships for volleyball are probably more prevalent than girls basketball.  In talking with people in the stands, I count about 10 readers of this forum for every poster.  A higher visibility forum may get more people on the website.  In the end, what does it hurt to try it?

Okay, the people have spoken and the staff has complied.  You have your own forum.  Now folks, it is up to you to keep it here.  I still need a lot of help in getting the schedules up to speed and I am having trouble getting contact information for the various coaches.

Ok volleyball fans now the forum is on the list and first practice is approaching, I know many are not yet in school but get to a computer and get your schedules sent in and make the volleyball forum as good as the rest of the major sports. The girls work hard and deserve the coverage.
Thanks WOSgrad andSETXSPORTS

For you coaches who just dont have the time its a good assignment for a student interested in communications or sports reporting to report game scores and records on the forum under supervision of course

Volleyball is a major [b]girls [/b] sport and the heading did not and probably will not take off like softball. For whatever reasons volleyball has more exposure on the evening news than softball does, therefore people just watch the news to keep up with the local scores.

[quote name="picnroll" post="819206" timestamp="1279637829"]
Ok volleyball fans now the forum is on the list and first practice is approaching, I know many are not yet in school but get to a computer and get your schedules sent in and make the volleyball forum as good as the rest of the major sports. The girls work hard and deserve the coverage.
Thanks WOSgrad andSETXSPORTS

For you coaches who just dont have the time its a good assignment for a student interested in communications or sports reporting to report game scores and records on the forum under supervision of course
[/quote]

Thank you picnroll for your efforts here.  

We are happy to provide a place which folks can brag on their daughters as well as their sons.  There is no expectation that the traffic here equal the football forum, but there is expectation of traffic.  One of the easiest ways is to get that traffic going is to get the schedules up.  You'd be surprised at how much traffic gets going when folks talk about the matchups.

For the coaches that read this, I am sure that the schedule is in hand.  I know that posting those things can be a pain.  But if you pm me, I'll give you my e-mail address and you can attach your schedule and I'll post it.  And if any of the folks reading this can get me names and contact info on the coaches whose schedules we don't have  (those are posted in this thread, http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=71008.0), then I'll contact them about getting the schedules.

Also, this would be a good time for you to talk about who is coming back.  One poster had mentioned previews.  But y'all can provide better previews than this volleyball novice ever could.

Just a few tips to get things going.  Good luck on a great season in SETX volleyball!

[quote name="BleacherButt" post="819221" timestamp="1279641391"]
Volleyball is a major [b]girls [/b] sport and the heading did not and probably will not take off like softball. For whatever reasons volleyball has more exposure on the evening news than softball does, therefore people just watch the news to keep up with the local scores.
[/quote]

I'm not sure that is the reason.  No sport has more media coverage than football.  Local stations have weekly shows dedicated to the night's football games.  Yet you will see folks here all over my behind if I don't have a scoreboard up by 10:00 on Friday night.  

I think the reason that you don't see the traffic on volleyball is that for the most part, volleyball is pretty much open at season's end and closed when the final game is played.  Football has recruiting, spring football, 7 on 7 and scrimmages that get just as much talk as the regular season games.  Basketball has AAU, Baseball and Softball have select and all-star teams.  Club volleyball in this area, does not receive a lot of exposure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed