USA vs. Ghana...

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan
We are done. A gutsy effort by the USA, just too many defensive lapses.

Team USA has captivated a nation, though! Great job, guys!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

It was great match. USA needs to stop allocating the opponent the first goal.

Phenomenal finish (2nd goal) by Ghana striker.  I would like to see more of that from Altidore. It seems we have many set-up men but no go to guy to put the team on his back, like a Kobe Bryant. Hmm I heard Kobe could play a little soccer.... Landon has one more shot (will be 32) at being a serious contributor to a World Cup team. Altidore on the other hand has at least 3 given good health.

Still Love Dempsey's TEXAS Grit! ;)

i thought this was the first game that Bob Bradley did a poor job of coaching.

1)  Ricardo Clark had no business being on the field.  I actually can't EVER remember seeing him in a game and being impressed.  When I saw him in the lineup, i cringed, and what do you know, a terrible giveaway by him led directly to Ghana's first goal.

2) Benny Fehlhaber had no business being on the bench.  He's as composed as any midfielder the US, and he doesn't give the ball away or give on defense.  When he came in, the US was a much better team.

3) Why take Findley out at halftime?  He actually played quite well in the 1st half.  Jozy looked terrible the ENTIRE game.  Take HIM out at the half.  Findley showed poise, Jozy looked sluggish and lazy.

Just my opinions, but they're right.

As for the US, i was impressed with them throughout the tourney, apart from all the early goals conceded.  I'm proud of our boys, and the future looks bright.  Conceivably every player on our roster that matters will still be young enough to play in the next world cup.  We also have a ton of young talent that could be scary good in 4 years in Fehlhaber, Altidore, Davies, Bradley, Torres, etc etc etc. 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="814769" timestamp="1277595367"]
Altidore needs to GET HIS HEAD IN THE GAME! Tons of talent, but does not deliever. Needs to wake up!
[/quote]

I agree, He should not look towards the future and say, I'll be back... He should play every game as if it was his last. It could very well be...Davies never anticipated he would have been in a life threatening auto accident.

Leave it on the fields boys.

I hope there is a kid somewhere getting his game honed for 2014. We need a bonafide EPL level super star to rise up out of the ash.   Someday it will happen that is why we are the USA!         I cannot wait!

I don't want to comment on the game too much because I don't want to crush the keys on my keyboard.  Ricardo Friggin Clark...  As to our group of youngsters, I'll agree they're good, but look at some of the rest of the world with talented players around 25 or younger like Spain - Torres (26), Raul Albiol (25), Sergio Ramos (24), Busquets (22), Fabregas (23), Iniesta (26), David Silva (24), Navas (25), Pedro (23).  Let's face it, we have no #10, we have no forwards who can score, we have no left backs, we have no young depth at keeper behind Howard, and most importantly our youth system needs a total and complete overhaul.

I hear you, Bon, but Spain always has those youngsters, and i'm just excited that our team is getting better and better, and looks to be better in four years than they are today.  in 4 years we'll hopefully have found a left back, and we should have 8 years before we need to replace howard.

Guest ECBucFan
I love your input, Brenham, but I have to disagree about the ages! 31 and 32 would be too old? I believe they will be at their athletic pinnacle, and have the experience and savvy of experienced WC veterans. They will lead a team with a near perfect combination of youth and experience. I fully believe the 2014 USMNT will have the best composition ever!   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="814864" timestamp="1277665860"]
I love your input, Brenham, but I have to disagree about the ages! 31 and 32 would be too old? I believe they will be at their athletic pinnacle, and have the experience and savvy of experienced WC veterans. They will lead a team with a near perfect combination of youth and experience. I fully believe the 2014 USMNT will have the best composition ever!     
[/quote]

I'm not saying they won't still have skill.  I just think this was their year to do something.... Easy path, and their leaders I think were at the ideal age.  JMO...  Well my second favorite team is out, but my favorite is still in.  Go Deutschland!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="814851" timestamp="1277657632"]
Dempsey is 27 and Donovan is 28.  Next world cup they will be past their prime.  The US squandered away their best oppertunity to make some noise in the world cup.
[/quote]

i'm going to respectfully disagree here.  they'll still be at top level at 31-32.  look at bocanegra, demerit, howard, and cherundelo.  all of them are 31, and all of them are better now than they were at 27.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="814872" timestamp="1277667968"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=70725.msg814851#msg814851 date=1277657632]
Dempsey is 27 and Donovan is 28.  Next world cup they will be past their prime.  The US squandered away their best oppertunity to make some noise in the world cup.
[/quote]

i'm going to respectfully disagree here.  they'll still be at top level at 31-32.  look at bocanegra, demerit, howard, and cherundelo.  all of them are 31, and all of them are better now than they were at 27.
[/quote]

Very possible, but Dempsey takes more of a beating than anybody else and Donovan seems to have an extra gear that others don't seem to have, but will he still have it then.  Also like I was saying....it's hard to imagine they will have an easier path in Brazil.  Very good points though.  What will they do to fill the Howard and Demerit's spot?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder