USA v. Algeria...

Guest ECBucFan

[quote name="BucketSitR" post="814267" timestamp="1277315051"]
Tell me more... I am stuck at the office... What happened??
[/quote]

The US was tied 0-0, and a tie meant they would not advance.  They had yet ANOTHER goal disallowed in the first half that should have counted.  Anyway, it was 0-0, and the US had missed some good chances, and finally scored in the first minute of stoppage time to advance and win the group.  it was pretty flipping amazing.

Guest ECBucFan
FIFA refs did everything in their power to stop team USA, but the Red White & Blue goes through!  ;D

My heart is still beating fast after that incredible finish! What a game!  ;D 

I read the "5 things we've learned" thing.  I'll have to admit, I have to give Bornstein credit.  I thought he was garbage in every game leading up to the cup, and i thought clarence goodson should've gotten the nod over him, but he played really well.  DeMerit has also been a beast in the air.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="814365" timestamp="1277346965"]
I read the "5 things we've learned" thing.  I'll have to admit, I have to give Bornstein credit.  I thought he was garbage in every game leading up to the cup, and i thought clarence goodson should've gotten the nod over him, but he played really well.  DeMerit has also been a beast in the air.
[/quote]

Bornstein did play a good game, but I'm afraid Kevin Prince Boateng will skin him on the flank multiple times on Saturday if he starts again.  As much greif as our defence got in the lead up to the tourney, Bocanegra, Cherundolo, and DeMerrit have played fantastically.  I love Gooch, but he wasn't ready.  What's really scary is that we don't have a decent left back in the youth system either.

I don't have the answer or the 4th spot on our backline. I can tell you why Spector, Bornstein, Goodson, Gooch, et al SHOULDN'T start much easier than I could choose from them. If it was a video game, I'd just go with a 3-2-3-2 with Clark and Edu as holding mids.

Speaking of midfielders, is there any way we can get Feilhaber on the field for the entire 90? Maybe move Dempsey up front so Jozy will have a 4th different strike partner in 4 games?

[quote name="Bon_Mot" post="814439" timestamp="1277403055"]
I don't have the answer or the 4th spot on our backline. I can tell you why Spector, Bornstein, Goodson, Gooch, et al SHOULDN'T start much easier than I could choose from them. If it was a video game, I'd just go with a 3-2-3-2 with Clark and Edu as holding mids.

Speaking of midfielders, is there any way we can get Feilhaber on the field for the entire 90? Maybe move Dempsey up front so Jozy will have a 4th different strike partner in 4 games?
[/quote]

I'm expecting we'll see Findley back in.  For once, I think his speed will be needed enough to look past his lack of ability.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83