how much faith

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="skipper" post="811851" timestamp="1276349665"]
do ( YOU ) put into dave cambells football polls. as for me i could care less
[/quote]

who is dave cambell?

[quote name="skipper" post="811855" timestamp="1276350534"]
MOST ALL OF YOU ,could do just as good are better than what he ut out. just for the fun of it make up your own top 5 and print it out and at the end of the year look and see if you did better than what he put out
[/quote]

As far as previews, I plan to do better.  ;D

I see it as sci-fi and I watch that about as much as I read DCTF mag.Still he is one of a few who can sell bull dung to the PBR & I respect what he says better than some of the weathermen on the news channels.Dave's staff still does a respectable job trying to predict how teenagers will do before they do it and my guess is they know who the Great HC'S are and that's how they try to rank them.

Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up after halftime and Tha Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl ? Do Ya ?

From the past persepectives, Dave Cambell ranks the teams mostly by the number of starters returning.. His focus is usually around the Dallas and Central Texas areas. It is good reading and i do enjoy it, but most of the folks on this board have a better idea of what is in their district than Dave Cambell does.

No one can predict what a team will or will not do(including Dave Campbell),You can say what a team should do from past performances,Not what they will do in the future, I have yet to see a computer or a prediction taking a hand off from a qb,making a tackle,etc.....same thing goes for physics..Ever hear of one of them winning the Lottery.... ;D

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="811880" timestamp="1276355599"]
Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up after halftime and Tha Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl ? Do Ya ?

[/quote] :D :D :D :D

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="811936" timestamp="1276368993"]
DC never gives this area any credit probably does no research down in this area. The few schools in this area he snubs each season go to Groves when he shows up there and ask him why he gives no credit to SETX sports. I plan on asking him when he shows up/\/\
[/quote]  Or better yet ask him why he even bothers to show up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami