Jasper vs Giddings State Semifinal- 7:00 Wednesday/Talk Predictions

It really does not matter who Jasper plays, it will be a tough game. Giddings and PG have not given up hardly any runs in the playoffs. Like Jasper, most of Lubbocks losses have been to 4a-5a teams.

All four teams are good. The hardest game to win will probably be the one on Wednesday. Going up against someone else's #1 is always hard. As long as Sowell can locate the fastball and has the big curve working, Jasper should be able to play with anyone.

I am all for Jasper winning, but has anyone actually seen Giddings play, or are these just gueses. Everyone predicted that BC would beat Jasper, then everyone predicted that Orangefield would beat Jasper...maybe we should pick against them. They seem to like the underdog role.

Giddings has only given up 4-or 5 runs in the playoffs. There two best pitchers are studs, plus they were in Austin last year as well.

I am hoping for a Dawg win....I think if they can get thru the semis, that the finals might be an easier game.

[quote name="slo8140" post="809772" timestamp="1275858231"]
I am all for Jasper winning, but has anyone actually seen Giddings play, or are these just gueses. Everyone predicted that BC would beat Jasper, then everyone predicted that Orangefield would beat Jasper...maybe we should pick against them. They seem to like the underdog role.

Giddings has only given up 4-or 5 runs in the playoffs. There two best pitchers are studs, plus they were in Austin last year as well.

I am hoping for a Dawg win....I think if they can get thru the semis, that the finals might be an easier game.
[/quote]

Don't worry everyone did the same thing the year Jasper won it all.  Abliene Wylie was just too good.  Jasper 10 run ruled them.  LE was the defending state champs with the whole team back.  Jasper nearly run ruled them too.  Jasper prefers the underdog role.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="809800" timestamp="1275865288"]
[quote author=slo8140 link=topic=70290.msg809772#msg809772 date=1275858231]

[/quote]

Don't worry everyone did the same thing the year Jasper won it all.  Abliene Wylie was just too good.  Jasper 10 run ruled them.  LE was the defending state champs with the whole team back.  Jasper nearly run ruled them too.  Jasper prefers the underdog role.
[/quote]
Yeah, Abliene Wylie had THREE strong pitchers.  Jasper had the worst record at state.  4th seed.  Didn't quite run rule them because Abliene Wylie scored in the bottom of the inning to prolong the game.  Final Jasper 11-3.  Ditto for LE.  Had a player drafted in Major League draft in fifth round the day that Jasper played them.  Pitcher had lost only one or two games.  Final Jasper 14-4.  25 runs in two days from a team that had "no chance".  And in theory at least against the best 3a teams in Texas.

True, Jasper may fall flat on Wednesday night.  It has happened.  But it is way too soon to write off the 2010 Dogs!  :) 

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="809832" timestamp="1275877293"]
Jasper is well prepared playing Orangefield and Bridge City, especially seeing a pitcher in Hicks category, twice.

I can't see them being nervous or intimidated by any team. Let's hope they continue playing well and bring home that State Championship.
[/quote]
True, and Jasper played some other good 3a teams along the way.  Carthage, Hudson, Crockett, and Burnet were not exactly chopped liver.  (Sorry liver lovers!  ;D)

Watched Carthage beat Giddings in the championship game last year.  Giddings comes back with an experienced, but essentially same line-up this year.  They do have a hard-throwing ace.  Giddings' offense goes where the lead-off hitter takes them. Would think Giddings would have to be feeling some pressure to win this thing after the disappointment last year?...  Jasper should be relaxed, patient, confident, and ready after getting through the region.  If Sowell is on, and I think he will be, I like Jasper's chances.     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder