• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=18pt] :) :D ::) :P :-*[/size]

Crow........They should all eat Condors  and lots of them.....Once everyone was well, or had healed from their injuries this team started hitting on all cylinders.  We have to give credit to all our coaches G, Jimmy, Scotty, Matt, and Tyler.  And more so to the entire BIG RED roster.  Every kid contributed this season to make this team Conference Champions.  I have never been prouder of any team I have supported in all the 30 plus years I have followed and supported this team.  Today I am truly proud to not only be a mother of one of these players but to be a Cardinal Alum.....

Baseball25.  The "crows" are being  gathered....hope you are good at choking on feathers.....lol

I still think he should go.  It's great that the team got hot and won four in a row in the conference tournament, and I hope they continue to remain hot in the regionals.  But the fact of the matter is this team finished 7th in the Southland Conference.  These have not been the glory days of Lamar baseball that Gilligan is used to. 

It doesn't matter because Tubbs won't fire him and Tubbs is here for a few more years at least.

Guest baseball25
just because you go to regionals doesn't mean anything they finish 7th in the conference and play in a conf tourney where there was no front runner in the tourney, alot of teams were playing inconsistent ball before the tourney so it doesn't suprise me they won the tourney, we will see what they are made of this weekend, when they play tough teams, and I said all yr that there non conf schedule didn't prepare them for teams like this so we will see, I hope they win the regional, but you know what there not, there pitching staff got beat up all yr against southland teams, just think what some of these other teams are going to do there pitching but i hope i'm wrong, because pitching dominates regionals, and I feel that the only guy that can keep them in the game and has dominant stuff is there lefty freshman and thats it. People on here just need to stop getting mad just because some of us think Gilligan needs to go, no reason to get all uptight. We have our opinions so we let yall know what we think. So just because I say TCU regionals is one of the easiest isn't a bad thing its just the truth, and people get mad about it, I say arizona and baylor were bubble teams well its just the truth, they were bubble teams.

Guest baseball25
we aren't talking about the past we are talking about now, Sam houston made regionals 3 straight yrs, you do lose players from graduating and drafts and etc so i am sure sam houston lost alot of players and was very young this yr and of course I look at there roster and they have 2 seniors on the team so sam houston was a very young team, so what excuses do you have for lamar the last 5 yrs?? I mean your going to tell me Gilligan gets the studs like he did back in 1996-2005 hell no he doesn't  because its time for coach G to go and bring in a new face that can get recruiting back on track for lamar and bring in some stud type guys, because they have no amborts, millars, avens, gordons, Delome, stutes, Floyds and I can name a whole lot more guys.

Guest baseball25
thank you ruck dad, I mean I would think Lamar would have better expectations than making it every 6 or 7 yrs lol I mean LAMAR as a turf infield your susp to be a power house lol.

Guest baseball25
Dude stop making excuses for lamar, just be realistic lamar isn't the program it use to be thats what we are trying to say, we know GILLIGAN used to be a good coach, we know BOWDEN use to be a great coach but you know what the truth is there not Good coaches anymore, we don't care about the past, we care about the future.

Guest baseball25
It's about making the NCAA tourney man it's not about getting runner up in souhland tourney, it's about the NCAA tourney , and making every 5 yrs is unaccecptable in my mind, bec Lamar should be getting top talent and almost making the tourney every yr, by getting a automatic bid, set the expectations high.

Expectations are high and Lamar fans got spoiled during their 3 year run. But let's be honest we are still a mid-major and it's the only sport that we have that we have besides golf that can compete year in and year out. It's just hard to say a program is down when they had a down regular season after filling holes with new talent this season. I'm at 30+ games a year so I see the team day in and day out. I'm not questioning your baseball knowledge at all I'm just saying it would make no sense to run off G.

Guest baseball25
Well then gilligan needs to schedule tougher and go play at tough atmospheres then I mean they won 34 games this yr against horrible teams, needs to schedule tougher to prepare his teams for regionals and you know what he use to do that but he doesn't anymore.

[quote name="baseball25" post="808501" timestamp="1275518949"]
Dude stop making excuses for lamar, just be realistic lamar isn't the program it use to be thats what we are trying to say, we know GILLIGAN used to be a good coach, we know BOWDEN use to be a great coach but you know what the truth is there not Good coaches anymore, we don't care about the past, we care about the future.
[/quote]

He just wants to keep getting interviews so he has to support him

It's too bad that some LU alums (Chris Rucker) cannot just live in the moment and enjoy the success of the their alma mater.  If you will just enjoy the present and not worry about the future then there is nothing to stress/worry about and you really can enjoy the team's success.  There are like some 200 teams that play D1 Baseball and only one gets to end their season in a victory during the post season.  So enjoy the ride and see how far it goes.  That's why I feel sorry for UT football fans.  I mean your win 10 games during the regular season and it's just an alright season.  Yea, it's great to have that much continued success but you take it for granted and you can't even enjoy a win, it has to be something more.  As a former college athlete that's sad because I know how hard the players and coaching staffs prepare for each game, and how a lot of times the separation in talent is a lot narrower than the fans realize.

As for anyone else, especially baseball25, Texas St. had a tremendous non-conference schedule; where are they playing this weekend?  UT-Arlington had a tremendous non-conference schedule; where are they playing this weekend?  I mean it makes perfect sense to me, I would much rather say "Hey we played a tough non-conference schedule!" than say, "Hey, we're the lone representatives from the SLC and get to play in the NCAA tournament with a shot of winning CWS!"  Maybe, just maybe Gilligan knew what he was doing.  Maybe he knew that the league was a one-bid league this season or that he would be starting 8 new guys.  And by the way, I think this team is one season ahead of schedule.  Sign a couple of good arms and next season they would win 35-38 regular season games.

Guest baseball25
texas st and southwestern la, played there self out of the tourney by how horrible they played the last 3 weeks, if texas st wins that nic st series then they would be in the tourney, if south eas la doesn't get swept by northwestern then they are in the tourney, then you would be looking at maybe 3 teams from southland in the ncaa tourney but you know what they didn't, and for a tremoundous SOS it was 68 and tremoundous to me is a top 20 SOS, like I said I hope Lamar wins this regional but you got to be realistic too, and the pitching staff has one pitcher that can dominate a good team if he's down in the zone and can get ahead in the count and thats the lefty freshman, I don't see smith or harrington getting it done because they don't have the dominant stuff like Arizona pitchers,TCU, and baylor..they are good pitchers for the southland  conf but for teams like this I don't see them doing to well...they might do well early in the game and keep teams off balance but deep in the game I see them getting hit ....I hope I am and dead wrong.

[quote name="Javelina" post="808562" timestamp="1275528519"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=70153.msg808501#msg808501 date=1275518949]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice try. I don't have to support anyone.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="808592" timestamp="1275533087"]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=70153.msg808562#msg808562 date=1275528519]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=70153.msg808501#msg808501 date=1275518949]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice try. I don't have to support anyone.
[/quote]

I try my best

We are not in a powerhouse conference.  Every year you will not see 2 teams making regionals.  Yes some years but not most.  SOS killed TX State chances because they got beat and sometimes beat bad by the ranked schools.  We are not settling for second best. Gilligan is still a first rate coach.  We had a few down years but if you recall in 2004 had 7 drafted.2006 we had 6 drafted in 07 we had 5 drafted and again 4 and 1 FA in 09. Sometimes it takes a few years to recover from a large draft loss and we have only had 05 and 08 with not a large draft loss.

Baseball 25 I know that you are entitled to your opinion but we are all on a  high about last weekend and the first thing we see is you continuing to bash G.  Well give it up for a few weeks.  if you cannot resist then do not post, but coaches, players and BIG RED fans all read this and I for one am tired of being angry.  Is it too much to ask Baseball 25 to just at least give us this week.  After all regardless of the year we had, we DID WIN and are going to REGIONALS.  I really do not give a rats $@%^ whether you think we can win or not.  Even though I appreciate the thought that you would like us to win.

I was only kidding about your brothers the other day but I think I will go up and show them the forum.  Get over it and quit being a downer this week on G.

[quote name="baseball25" post="808586" timestamp="1275531933"]
texas st and southwestern la, played there self out of the tourney by how horrible they played the last 3 weeks, if texas st wins that nic st series then they would be in the tourney, if south eas la doesn't get swept by northwestern then they are in the tourney, then you would be looking at maybe 3 teams from southland in the ncaa tourney but you know what they didn't, and for a tremoundous SOS it was 68 and tremoundous to me is a top 20 SOS, like I said I hope Lamar wins this regional but you got to be realistic too, and the pitching staff has one pitcher that can dominate a good team if he's down in the zone and can get ahead in the count and thats the lefty freshman, I don't see smith or harrington getting it done because they don't have the dominant stuff like Arizona pitchers,TCU, and baylor..they are good pitchers for the southland  conf but for teams like this I don't see them doing to well...they might do well early in the game and keep teams off balance but deep in the game I see them getting hit ....I hope I am and dead wrong.
[/quote]

FDLMAO -- Oh It is OK that they played horrible the last 3 weeks. well Lamar won 6 of its conf weekends, got swept twice and lost 3,  were better than 500 in conf play and we won tournament,  must not have had that bad of schedule.  When we started conf. we had the flu going through our dugout, and injuries.  The tournament was really the first time that we have been going on all cylinders.  I hated loosing Pable but VJ and Andy stepped up.  We have a lot of talent on this team.  Again BB25 lay off the negativity just until we finish our season....

Guest baseball25
I don't care who you show, why are you angry??? Because what I'm saying is the truth!!!!if the players,coaches, can't handle what people write in a forum then I think they need to get a little bit tougher mentally then... Im entitled to my opinion and I'm sticking with it no reason to get mad, the fact is gilligan used to be a good coach, the big word is usedddd too, Bobby bowden usedddd to be a great coach but u know what he used to be great but he isn't great anymore.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami