Evadale vs Overton Playoff Series Updates/REBELS ADVANCE TO REGIONALS!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dwight
I believe Evadale will pull it out. They still have their #1 and #2 pitchers to throw. If the guy that threw tonight wouldn't have hit so many batters Overton wouldnt have had the runs they had. I honestly think that if the Rebels hit better and throw strikes on saturday, they will win

[quote name="Dwight" post="806581" timestamp="1275013317"]
I believe Evadale will pull it out. They still have their #1 and #2 pitchers to throw. If the guy that threw tonight wouldn't have hit so many batters Overton wouldnt have had the runs they had. I honestly think that if the Rebels hit better and throw strikes on saturday, they will win
[/quote]Overton still has some good pitching left to throw as well. I am pretty unbiased and in my own opinion overton is a better baseball team. Yes Evadale hit some batters but overtons defense is much smoother and makes more plays. Also the bottom of their line up was pretty impressive. Should be some good games on saturday

UH, 6!!  thats right, 6 batters were hit tonight.
Seemed as if the coaching staff checked out of this one early and decided to play for games 2 & 3.  That might be dangerous.  JMO
It wasn't Franklins fault, he just ran out of gas and I'm sure his pitch count was way over 100.  Should have made a change before the game was out of reach.  Again, JMO. 
The inning when a routine infield fly was dropped for the 3rd out and then Overton scored 4, well that was a killer.

[quote name="whambulance" post="806653" timestamp="1275020579"]
Seemed as if the coaching staff checked out of this one early and decided to play for games 2 & 3.  That might be dangerous.  JMO
It wasn't Franklins fault, he just ran out of gas and I'm sure his pitch count was way over 100.  Should have made a change before the game was out of reach.  Again, JMO. 
The inning when a routine infield fly was dropped for the 3rd out and then Overton scored 4, well that was a killer.
[/quote]AGREED. The Evadale coaching staff beat Evadale. They made Overton look good. >:(

[quote name="Johnnyreb" post="806677" timestamp="1275036043"]
[quote author=whambulance link=topic=70083.msg806653#msg806653 date=1275020579]
[/quote]AGREED. The Evadale coaching staff beat Evadale. They made Overton look good. >:(
[/quote]

Thats so tacky and trashy.  We have an excellent coaching staff and are blessed to have them. 

I wonder if you or whambulance have ever coached a team.  I bet not. 

Congrats Overton on your victory.

[quote name="Johnnyreb" post="806677" timestamp="1275036043"]
[/quote]

It sure is easy to sit in the stands and criticize the coaching, or be a monday morning quarterback.

[quote name="reb" post="806685" timestamp="1275045725"]
[quote author=Johnnyreb link=topic=70083.msg806677#msg806677 date=1275036043]
UH, 6!!  thats right, 6 batters were hit tonight.
Seemed as if the coaching staff checked out of this one early and decided to play for games 2 & 3.  That might be dangerous.  JMO
It wasn't Franklins fault, he just ran out of gas and I'm sure his pitch count was way over 100.  Should have made a change before the game was out of reach.  Again, JMO.  
[/quote]

Thats so tacky and trashy.  We have an excellent coaching staff and are blessed to have them.  

I wonder if you or whambulance have ever coached a team.  I bet not.  

[/quote]I cant speak for anyone else and if you read my post, it's full of "seems" and "JMO", I thought that was ok.
You dont have to be paid to know baseball and Im not and never had said our coaches are bad, we have a great staff, I do feel we gave up on this one early ,maybe i should spell it out ( JUST MY OPINION).
I do agree with one thing, Congrats to Overton.  Lets buckle down and get two in row Rebels.

[quote name="reb" post="806685" timestamp="1275045725"]
[quote author=Johnnyreb link=topic=70083.msg806677#msg806677 date=1275036043]
[/quote]

Thats so tacky and trashy.  We have an excellent coaching staff and are blessed to have them. 

I wonder if you or whambulance have ever coached a team.  I bet not. 

[/quote]No one will ever say that we have a bad coaching staff. Ive known Coach Will longer than most people on this thread and have nothing but respect for the man. These threads are based on opinions. The coaches had a decision to make and they made it. Some think it was ok. Some didnt. It dont mean that theyre bad coaches. It just makes you wonder what they have up their sleeve. Now with that said Lets put it to em Evadale

Nice post the rebs always have something put back some stragedy id look for dubose to be on the mound to shut down overton with him on the mound it puts the rebs best defence on the field and if overton thinks evadales goin to lay down they have another thing comin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder