Evadale vs Overton?

It is tough to call this one because I know nothing really about Overton except the little I have heard on here. They sound stout.
I have a friend that has a kid on Evadale and my 1A team is out, so as bad as it hurts, Evadale! LOL Good luck Evadale

Guest Super Trooper
[quote name="Johnnyreb" post="805077" timestamp="1274713617"]
Havent heard much about overton except that they have 1 very good pitcher who throws in the mid 80's who is also their best hitter. I really believe that if Evadale will bring their bats and play error free baseball they will win this series.
[/quote]
I agree, but Evadale needs to show up and play to be victorious in this series!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Super Trooper" post="805079" timestamp="1274713986"]
[quote author=Johnnyreb link=topic=69965.msg805077#msg805077 date=1274713617]
Havent heard much about overton except that they have 1 very good pitcher who throws in the mid 80's who is also their best hitter. I really believe that if Evadale will bring their bats and play error free baseball they will win this series.
[/quote]
I agree, but Evadale needs to show up and play to be victorious in this series!
[/quote]

Wow!  That's deep.

Guest bleed orange
Nobody gave Evadale a chance yet you guys keep proving everyone wrong. Got to love this. Go Evadale!!!!!! Evadale wins.

[quote name="evadalerebel4life" post="805245" timestamp="1274743093"]
i say this is goin to be mostlikely 3 games but i think the rebs can pull it out . the sticks must come up big though . and error free defense to back up their pitchers.and from wat i have heard they have one good hitter . they had better have more than one . u cant win with one good batter  :o
[/quote]

JMO, Evadale needs to win before game 3.  Overton has more than 1 pitcher, their best may be the So. that pitches their game 3s.  If the Rebels can hit, they may surprise in this series.  BTW, How many lefty pitchers will Evadale throw?

[quote name="lil bobby" post="805315" timestamp="1274758269"]
I think they have only one freshman lefty how many does overton have
[/quote]

None.  The only time I have seen them struggle was against leftys.  Thats why I asked.

[quote name="evadalerebel4life" post="805245" timestamp="1274743093"]
i say this is goin to be mostlikely 3 games but i think the rebs can pull it out . the sticks must come up big though . and error free defense to back up their pitchers.and from wat i have heard they have one good hitter . they had better have more than one . u cant win with one good batter  :o
[/quote]Considering Overton is the #1 team in the state, who made it to state last year and did not graduate anyone, I would be willing to bet they have more than 1 good hitter and pitcher. Just a guess though.

not sure what team your talking about but Overton has about 6 good pitchers  and a solid batting lineup. Overton's least experienced pitcher (soph) took the win against Crossroads. plus, i'd guess about 85% BA's over .400.

Not sure where he heard Overton has 1 hitter.  Hey, I wish it were true, but at this point in the season, the teams left can all hit.  I know Evadale can hit and if they swing the bats like I've seen so many time this year, it'll be a battle!!!

Go get em Rebs...

[quote name="Johnnyreb" post="805077" timestamp="1274713617"]
[/quote]

Truthfully ive seen Overton play 4 times this year, if they have a pitcher throwin 85, then theyve beem hidding him. Darden is thier best pitcher, but he throws 75-80 Tops. And ive stood next to guns recording that. He is thier best pitcher but he doesnt throw no mid 80's. I still think Overton's gonna win it in 2. But the week after that, their dream goes down, Cayuga will beat them.

[quote name="Frank1" post="805757" timestamp="1274883604"]
not sure what team your talking about but Overton has about 6 good pitchers  and a solid batting lineup. Overton's least experienced pitcher (soph) took the win against Crossroads. plus, i'd guess about 85% BA's over .400.

[/quote]

Stats mean absolutely nothing at this point or any point in the season, stats get you honor. You think your gonna be remembered more if your batting .500 with 12 Hrs or batting .250  1 Hr and that one Hr comes as a wlk off in an important game. Bottom Line is if your team is full of talented players vs a team with great stats against weak teams, then talented players win. Everytime. It comes down to who makes plays.

I watched the first two Overton Cross Roads Games... Lets just say Cross Roads SHOULD be playing Evadale tomorrow night!

Btw- Overtons Pitchers are solid....Strike wise.... speed wise theyre average.

[quote name="Baseballfan65" post="805983" timestamp="1274920461"]
[quote author=Frank1 link=topic=69965.msg805757#msg805757 date=1274883604]
not sure what team your talking about but Overton has about 6 good pitchers  and a solid batting lineup. Overton's least experienced pitcher (soph) took the win against Crossroads. plus, i'd guess about 85% BA's over .400.

[/quote]

Stats mean absolutely nothing at this point or any point in the season, stats get you honor. You think your gonna be remembered more if your batting .500 with 12 Hrs or batting .250  1 Hr and that one Hr comes as a wlk off in an important game. Bottom Line is if your team is full of talented players vs a team with great stats against weak teams, then talented players win. Everytime. It comes down to who makes plays.

I watched the first two Overton Cross Roads Games... Lets just say Cross Roads SHOULD be playing Evadale tomorrow night!

Btw- Overtons Pitchers are solid....Strike wise.... speed wise theyre average.
[/quote]

the team that wins is the team that SHOULD win, everytime.  and if you don't think harleton, white oak, robert e lee's jv(mostly juniors), arp, brookhill, red water, and so on and so on are good teams, than by all means, who should they have been playing to run up those "great stats"? and the short stop is the 85 guy you are missing. and i've seen darden at 83 to 85 many a day.  i first clocked him when he was a soph.  pitchers don't throw as hard as they can every pitch.  not if they are a smart pitcher.  pitching is about location and deception.  if i want to last the whole game and i'm not getting hit, i might not throw but 90%.  just some food for thought.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder