Some comments on the present situation for Region III

With Robinson, Jasper, Orangefield and Bridge City: Region III is fixing to have it's on version of the FINAL FOUR.  I think these 4 teams are by-far the best in the state.

It was not that easy for anyone this weekend--Jasper got off a little lighter than the others; Orangefield got their nose-bloodied one time by WO-S; Robinson barely survived a fierce Mexia rebound; Bridge City had a great 3rd game out of Hayden Guidry--a promising big Freshman-- to survive 7-4 win in the third game over a surprisingly poised Huffman squad.

I have seen both Jasper and Bridge City play recently and have NO IDEA how that series will play out.  At this level of play anyone can win because they can stay focused, they want it the most!

I thought Coach Landry did a bright thing in the last game against the Falcons....he started a tall Freshman that tends to bring the ball high over his head and drive is down at a slight angle!  After facing that methodology of pitching; he then sends Matt Hicks as the "closer".  Matt's style of in-your-face horizontal pitching was too abrupt a change to adjust to for a very tired Falcon team--they could not handle Matt once again.

The host of Sophomores at BC have done a good job thus far to improve enough each week to stay solidly in the hunt.

Orangefield got their wake-up call from WO-S and responded very well.... and I think they might knock Robinson out this coming weekend.

Can someone tell us their impressions of the games they observed this weekend also?

BC has started hitting the ball, and the timing is right. The offense looks better the last few weeks than it has all year. Pitching has stayed seemed to stay about constant for where it has been all year. Not greatly overpowering but enough to keep things even and interesting. The one worry seems to be defense. I have not seen Jasper play this year but from what I have read and have seen over the past few years they are very capable of taking advantage of errors. Give them extra outs in an inning and they will respond by putting runs on the board.

BC seems to be getting stronger and at the right time of the season. Keep the errors down and continue to hit and BC comes out on top.

[quote name="East TX" post="804858" timestamp="1274627828"]
With Robinson, Jasper, Orangefield and Bridge City: Region III is fixing to have it's on version of the FINAL FOUR.  I think these 4 teams are by-far the best in the state.

It was not that easy for anyone this weekend--Jasper got off a little lighter than the others; Orangefield got their nose-bloodied one time by WO-S; Robinson barely survived a fierce Mexia rebound; Bridge City had a great 3rd game out of Hayden Guidry--a promising big Freshman-- to survive 7-4 win in the third game over a surprisingly poised Huffman squad.

I have seen both Jasper and Bridge City play recently and have NO IDEA how that series will play out.  At this level of play anyone can win because they can stay focused, they want it the most!

I thought Coach Landry did a bright thing in the last game against the Falcons....he started a tall Freshman that tends to bring the ball high over his head and drive is down at a slight angle!  After facing that methodology of pitching; he then sends Matt Hicks as the "closer".  Matt's style of in-your-face horizontal pitching was too abrupt a change to adjust to for a very tired Falcon team--they could not handle Matt once again.

The host of Sophomores at BC have done a good job thus far to improve enough each week to stay solidly in the hunt.

Orangefield got their wake-up call from WO-S and responded very well.... and I think they might knock Robinson out this coming weekend.

Can someone tell us their impressions of the games they observed this weekend also?
[/quote]

I agree....  I've seen Giddings play and they should defenatly be in the conversation for top 3 or 4 teams in the state.  With them being region 4 though, there is no doubt that region is the most competitive and challenging.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax