who is the best coach in setex? why?

Guest hardcore

Call me biased if you want.. but I am shocked nobody has thrown out Larry Neumann.. what he does with the talent he gets, is pretty outstanding.. Nederland never really has the type of athletes that some other schools have.. Its amazing what he's done over the years.. Faircloth is a good coach, but before we put him in the hall of fame, lets see a few more years first.. hard to imagine putting him in front of Neumann this early on..

Guest ECBucFan
I absolutely agree Larry Neumann should be mentioned, too. Year in and out, Neumann does great without the athletes that others typically have, and has been extremely consistent through the years at Ned.

EC's Tony Valastro has been overlooked, too. Valastro won state at LaGrange, has a great record at EC, went undefeated one year while beating four 3A teams in predistrict action, and the Bucs made the 3rd round of the playoffs last year. He is a great role model for the players, too. 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="805721" timestamp="1274876507"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=69907.msg804476#msg804476 date=1274550985]
1. Kirbyville's head coach Jack Alvarez hands down he turned everybodys homecoming selection into a powerhouse.
2. Newton's head coach Curtis Barbay not only competes with schools his size but competes with bigger schools every year.
3. PN-G's head coach Brandon Faircloth 10-0 regular season in his first year at head coach puts him in my top 3.
4. Jasper's head coach Mike Bickham beats Kirbyville, WO-S, and makes the playoffs with a team in a rebuilding stage in his first year at head coach in Jasper.
5. WO-S head coach Dan Hooks his numbers dont lie and every year his team is picked to win district.
[/quote]

That's a good list for me.  Can't believe Don Price is not on anyone's list?   ;D ;D
[/quote]
If i would have went one more guy down on the list he would have been there give me a break lol jk  :P

I will go with Stump as he runs a great program.  West Brook is the red headed stepchild of BISD with very little support from downtown.  Five of the starting players from Central and Ozen wanted to be at WB, but they were refused transfers out of middle school while others received them.  His facilities lag far behind the other 5a schools in the area and even the 4a schools in BISD.  However, he consistently wins.  And he wins without letting the standards for behavior of his students slip below outstanding.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn