Lady Cards ink 6 recruits

* Francesca Bellatin Olite, a 6-foot-1 guard from Lima, Peru.

* J'Tierra Brown, a 5-foot-8 point guard from Mesquite, Texas.

* Chantelle Brocket, a 6-foot-1 forward from Clifton Springs, Victoria, Austrailia.

* Gia Ayers, a 5-foot-8 point guard from Bryan, Texas.

* Brateicka Mock, a 5-foot-8 guard from Navasota, Texas

* Jennifer Hicks, a 6-foot forward from Bossier City, La.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/051810aaa.html

[quote name="Green Menace" post="803190" timestamp="1274238339"]
Six recruits and the tallest is 6-1???  Somewhat of a smallish group.
[/quote]We need quality over height. Would like both but we can win in the SLC with this height.
That Francesca sounds like she will be a force.

[quote name="UNLV" post="803215" timestamp="1274241536"]
[quote author=Green Menace link=topic=69837.msg803190#msg803190 date=1274238339]
Six recruits and the tallest is 6-1???  Somewhat of a smallish group.
[/quote]We need quality over height. Would like both but we can win in the SLC with this height.
That Francesca sounds like she will be a force.
[/quote]

It will be interesting to see how these recruits pan out. Tidwell and co. have had some nice signing classes that have really turned the program into the top tier of the SLC and a potential NCAA tournament team. However, they have also had some great looking signings that never panned out once they got to Beaumont. My guess is that this class will have a couple of super players and a few glue players while one or two might be a bust. If that's the case, then they will be extremly good next year and will be set up to be really good in the future.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="Green Menace" post="803190" timestamp="1274238339"]
Six recruits and the tallest is 6-1???  Somewhat of a smallish group.

Never mind.  These are female recruits.  I failed reading! ;D
[/quote]

Even for women's basketball they are a little small.  But Tidwell said he's still looking for another post player.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="LamarFanatic" post="803388" timestamp="1274293024"]
Even for women's basketball they are a little small.  But Tidwell said he's still looking for another post player

how do you know this coach?? where does it say this?
[/quote]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/tidwell_spans_the_globe_for_next_recruiting_class.html

Near the end of the article:

[quote]After signing six players, Tidwell isn't finished recruiting. The Lady Cardinals lose post Brittney Williams and forward Hill, so they still are one post player down after signing Brockett.

"We aren't finished yet; I'd still like to get a post from overseas," Tidwell said. "Hopefully, I will be able to, but good posts are very difficult to find. At the same time, I can't guarantee you that all of the players we signed are going to make it come fall either."[/quote]

Olite averaged [b]37 points, nine rebounds and four assists[/b] at Colegio Villa Maria High School. As a member of the Peruvian under-19 national team, she averaged 19 points, eight rebounds and four assists per game.

This young lady sounds like a stud!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont