Evadale vs. Alto Playoff series Updates/EVADALE ADVANCES!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it hurts me to say that this is not the first time that i have eaten crow. I wasnt able to attend the game so i dont know what happened.  Somebody on another post said that Evadale pitched their #4 man and another guy that has not pitched much all year. I'm not making excuses for them i'm just asking for conformation on this. Whatever coach Williams done, he must have a good reason for doing it.  With all that being said, Congradulations on the WIN (ALTO). You guys must have wanted it more than the Rebels.  Hope the games Saturday have a different outcome. 

[quote name="AstrosDawg07" post="801259" timestamp="1273803563"]
Alto has a GREAT catcher.  Had him last week for the Mount Enterprise series.  Made calling balls and strikes very easy for me.
[/quote]

The kid from Evadale wasn't bad last night either. He threw out 3 of 4 attempting to steal second. He could of got the 4th but they missed the tag. Two of them weren't even close. Good ball game from both teams.

[quote name="Hookem17" post="801358" timestamp="1273816312"]
   Well, it hurts me to say that this is not the first time that i have eaten crow. I wasnt able to attend the game so i dont know what happened.  Somebody on another post said that Evadale pitched their #4 man and another guy that has not pitched much all year. I'm not making excuses for them i'm just asking for conformation on this. Whatever coach Williams done, he must have a good reason for doing it.  With all that being said, Congradulations on the WIN (ALTO). You guys must have wanted it more than the Rebels.  Hope the games Saturday have a different outcome. 
[/quote]

I have a hard time believing that a team would start a series pitching their #4 man. Not saying they didn't, but, that would not be smart. Maybe start your #2 guy, but not #4. And then, when you get to the playoffs, you better not need a guy who hasn't thrown from the hill
all year! Guess we will see if their top three can rescue them this weekend. JMHO

Guest The Shadow
I'm hoping the Rebels will pull this out. They need to hit the ball when they did hit the ball last night They did really well but the bats weren't alive at all last night!  :-\

I dont know his official ranking by the coaching staff, but Tucker is not the Rebs #4 pitcher.  He did well through 4 but got a little tired...it happens.  The Rebs did come in after that with their #5 pitcher to end the game.

The bats never really got started for the Rebs and ended up with only 5 hits spread throughout the game.  Alto did a little better with 7.

We'll see, if the bats get going and the pitching holds up, the Rebs will right back in it.

[quote name="lil bobby" post="801419" timestamp="1273848980"]
Alto wasted their ace last night though so could be interesting to see the #1 from evadale pitch tomorrow could be a different story all together
[/quote]

Wasted their ace???  When should they have pitched their ace then???  Alto still has Peacock ( the tall lefty ) and the Crisp kid who has been pitching on Varsity since he was a frosh. so it's not like Alto doesn't have anything left to throw.

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="801402" timestamp="1273845421"]
I have never seen Evadale give up on anything, and I do not suspect any of us will see that now!
Stay with ‘em Rebs, “You can do it”!

[/quote]

Well said! Come on Rebels!!! It was ONE game! Do our district proud!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder