BH Coaching Staff

[quote name="4x4tx" post="807935" timestamp="1275340026"]
LOL I thought someone on here a while back was complaning that if your last name wasnt a certain one (think may was one) that you didnt have any say in BH...like I said I dont live or know any kids going  there, I just get to read about the soap opera's in the paper...and saw this gem today from the baytown sun.....

two things...
1) i think its great chancellor will be at crosby, a chance to stick it to BH twice a year! ( Nice going guys!)
2)Board member Benny May, who has a daughter on the basketball team, is telling the paper its all but a done deal on the new coach even though the next board meeting isnt until the 7th, ..that they the board gave approval to make this hire without a meeting...(inside job anyone? lol) The new coach is already meeting the girls...haha

Now is guess the next question is, did the daughter get on the wrong side of chancellor and wasn't getting the proper playing time that daddy board member wanted? If so then this all seems to go together.....too funny..maybet his was all part of the gage hiring, agreeing to make these moves to get his job..

New hoops coaches set for BH, Crosby
By Dave Rogers
The Baytown Sun
Published May 29, 2010
Nothing’s official yet, according to school officials, but only formalities remain before the naming of new girls’ basketball coaches at Barbers Hill and Crosby.

Administrative timetables prevent school officials from officially hiring new coaches now.

But Flower Mound Marcus coach Kit Kyle has already introduced herself as the new Barbers Hill coach, says a person close to the program.

Meanwhile, former Barbers Hill coach John Chancellor, who was reassigned as coach in mid-May, has told friends he is headed to Crosby.

Barbers Hill athletic director Ronnie Gage said Friday night, “We still have not made the hire official” when asked about reports that Kyle will be next to take over a program that won Class 3A state championships in 1983 and 1997.

“She (Kyle) may be (head coach) next week. Right now she’s not officially hired,” Gage said.

Friday was the final day of school at Barbers Hill and school board member Benny May said Kyle met with the school’s girls basketball players Friday.

The next school board meeting at Barbers Hill isn’t scheduled until June 7. But May, who has a daughter in the Lady Eagles program, said the school board gave superintendent Greg Poole the authority to make the hire without board approval in its last meeting when the job of girls athletic coordinator was created and attached to the girls basketball coaching job.

The hang-up at Barbers Hill is that the job must be advertised for 10 days before it is filled, May said. That 10-day window won’t close until early next week, he said.

“That’s why it’s not going to be official until Dr. Poole makes it official,” May said.

Board approval is required at Crosby, said Kevin Flanagan, the school’s athletic director. The next meeting, he said, is set for June 7.

Chancellor, who led Barbers Hill to a 29-6 record this past season and whose team won at least a co-district championship in each of his five years there, told friends late this week he had landed the Crosby coaching job which Flanagan said has been vacant since April.

The former BH coach replied to a message asking if he’d been named Crosby coach with a text message Friday night.

“No, not yet,” it said. “Waiting on board approval. Give me two weeks and I will talk to you all you want.”

Chancellor will be replacing Rhea Guillory, whose team was 5-9 and a sixth-place finisher in District 19-4A in her only year as varsity coach. Flanagan said all three high school girls basketball coaching jobs (varsity, junior varsity and freshmen teams) are currently open.

Kyle’s Marcus team was 24-13 this past season, finishing second in District 6-5A and advancing to the second round of the playoffs. She has 366 career wins as a head coach, all at Marcus.

She worked three years as a college assistant for current Texas A&M coach Gary Blair and two years as a high school assistant before being hired as head coach at Marcus.
[/quote]If anyone thinks that ONE Board member can dictate what the entire Board does then you are dreaming. There are seven Board members and I assure that they all are strong willed people. I know several of them personally and they are doing what they believe to be in BHs best interest. In the interest of full disclosure-----Benny May is a friend of mine and is a man of very high integrity and I would bet my last nickel that he truly believes this is the right road to take for the Hill. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124