Crosby QB gives verbal to TCU....

Jeremiah Glenn
PurpleMenace.com Staff Writer

When a place feels right, you just know it deep down inside. That's how Dominic Merka describes his feelings when he visted the TCU campus on more than one occasion. With his pledge to the Frogs, Merka becomes the 8th commitment for coach Patterson and his staff. PurpleMenace.com caught up with Merka to get his thoughts on what separated TCU from the rest of the pack.

"It was one of those things where I just liked TCU from day one" said Merka. "I like what the program is doing and I felt like they really wanted me. I felt comfortable both times that I went up there and really, I just liked everything about TCU."

Merka had a tough decision to make. With interest and offers picking up from other schools, Merka decided to end the process. So what was it about TCU that made him shut down it down?

"The TCU players just seem to be more dedicated" he said. "When I talked to them, they just seemed like family and like they're really close. They play as a team and that's why they are above the other programs that were recruiting me."

With Coach Gary Patterson and his staff working so hard to build one of the nations' elite programs, Merka appreciated the interest the Horned Frogs showed in him. With coach Tademy leading the charge to land Merka, his presence this spring stood out to the talented Texan.

"I called coach Tademy and told him and he was real excited." said Merka. "He told me he was going to call coach Patterson right away and tell him. He's excited that I'm going to be a Horned Frog and I'm happy with my decison. Coach Tademy was out there for the first day of spring and that really meant something to me. It showed me that they really wanted me."

At 6'4" and 215 pounds, Merka lines up as his team's signal caller in Crosby. In one of the national recruiting services he is ranked 45th in the nation among quarterbacks. At TCU, he'll get a shot at quarterback first but he's been told, he'll be placed in the best position to help the team. Merka admits to being on board with that and says he's just ready to contribute.

"I'm not sure if I'll redshirt or not" he said. "They haven't talked to me about that yet but I'm just ready to get there and work hard. I'm going to take care of my business on the field and in the classroom and just work on getting better every day. I'm ready to play anywhere they decide, I just want to help TCU win a national championship."

With another impressive commitment in the books, coach Patterson and his staff continue to build the core of one of the nation's most dominant programs. With his commitment to TCU, Merka wanted to give a promise to the Horned Frog faithful.

"I just want the fans to know that they can expect me to work hard, day in and day out" he said. "I'm going to be dedicated to my team and I want TCU to win a national championship more than anything. I'm not ever going to let them down on or off the field."

With momentum picking back up, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the dominos fall for the 2011 class. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83