Middle School 7 on 7 2011 - More info To Come

[quote name="Glad19" post="800889" timestamp="1273758838"]
Hamshire Fannett 7th grade (8th graders for next year) are in. Any coaches that would like to arrange scrimmages, we are ready. You can contact us at 409-782-0789.
[/quote]

Send me a message with your contact info. We already have about 14 teams committed and 2 tournaments scheduled. This will be organized scrimmages and tournaments. I have the rules, refs and everything lined up. Send me you info and I wlll send you all the info

• 1 month later...
I have the cost of the tournament location, and rules. I need all coaches/managers of each team to send me a message with your contact info ASAP so I can send you the release forms and regsitration forms. First tournament is scheduled for July 31st. You can also text me the info 409.289.2107

[quote name="VNUPE" post="815640" timestamp="1278022817"]
Will WOS be in this tourment? ???
[/quote]

I received some messages some guys that coach at the middle school. You may want to follow up. I sent them an e-mail with all the info today. however the e-mail was to their school, not sure how often they check in the summer time. I believe it was coach Shuggart.. please check, would like to have WOS in the tournament..

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Glad19" post="800889" timestamp="1273758838"]
Hamshire Fannett 7th grade (8th graders for next year) are in. Any coaches that would like to arrange scrimmages, we are ready. You can contact us at 409-782-0789.
[/quote]

Do you want to scrimmage next Thursday?

• 2 weeks later...
I had a good time out there watching the tourney this morning.  Thats good they have put this together for the MS kids!!  I think this is what has happened thus far:

Pool - 8th grade
Nederland def. PNG  14-6 i think
WO-S def. HF  48-19
HF def. PNG  30-0
WO-S def. Nederland 29-28

Bracket
# 1 seed WO-S
# 2 seed Nederland
# 3 seed Hamshire Fannett
# 4 seed PNG

bracket
WO-S def PNG  28-6
Nederland vs Hamshire Fannett

championship

WO-S vs. HF/Nederland winner

Great day on the football field today. Some very close and exciting games.
WOS defeated HF in the 8th grade championship and Lumberton defeated Nederland in the 7th grade championship game. We will do it again next Saturday and PNG high school field (on the turf). Should be another great tournament.
There are 2 spots open for next week.

We would like to thank Troy Jones and the other folks from Nederland who hosted this event. It was a pleasure meeting and competing with everybody. There was a lot of really good talent from all teams and we certainly appreciate the invitation. We look forward to participating with ya'll in the future.

Hamshire-Fannett  MS 7 on 7

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Gasilla" post="827239" timestamp="1282226720"]
Hey Bulldog, you think we could have a league next year. We could play once a week or something.
[/quote]

Yes, I think we could put something together. Lets get some interest going next April before school lets out and se what we can do. I think it worked out pretty good for our first year. We will make even better next year. Lets keep in touch.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="827702" timestamp="1282274697"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=69480.msg827239#msg827239 date=1282226720]
Hey Bulldog, you think we could have a league next year. We could play once a week or something.
[/quote]

Yes, I think we could put something together. Lets get some interest going next April before school lets out and se what we can do. I think it worked out pretty good for our first year. We will make even better next year. Lets keep in touch.

[/quote]
Sounds good!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry for the delay on info. We had to get the dates set and place to play. The dates will be July 23rd and July 30th ( 2 separate tournaments)
July 23rd will be in Nederland, July 30th TBD. Please send me a message with your e-mail if you to put in a team. There will a bracket for 7th grade and a bracket for 8th grade. You can mix 7th & 8th grade but will have to play in the 8th grade bracket. 7th graders will use a TDJ or equivalent and 8th grade will use a Varsity size ball. All teams guaranteed 3 games. Once I get everyones info, I can set up a contact list so you can set-up scrimmages during the summer if you like.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics