UIL on Announcers

bronco1

This is all there is about announcers in the UIL rule book that I could find.

PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM

Public Address Announcements

It is recommended that the following public address announcements be made prior to the game:

“These are high school athletes performing tonight. They are friendly rivals, not enemies.â€

“Friendly competition is the theme of interschool sports. The visiting team and fans are our guests. Please show

courtesy and good sportsmanship.â€

“Officials are assigned by mutual agreement of both schools. Sportsmanship should be shown by all spectators, no

matter which team they are backing.â€

“Good Evening. Welcome to this game between the _______________ and the ______________. A special welcome

is extended to our neighbors from _______________ for this exciting contest between two fine schools. Tonight’s

event provides a showcase for the talents and skills of the students from each school through friendly competition,

which is the theme of all interscholastic events.

The performances you will see are the result of many hours of preparation. The teams, the bands, the drill teams and

the cheerleaders have worked hard for your entertainment and appreciation. Please encourage them by your cheers,

your applause, and your good sportsmanship. These students, along with their directors and coaches, represent

their school with pride and honor.

The game will be conducted according to the rules of the University Interscholastic League. The officials were selected

with the consent of both schools, and their rulings should be respected by all. The use of alcoholic beverages or

illegal drugs is prohibited on all school property, as well as the possession of illegal weapons and public gambling.

The use of all tobacco products is forbidden except in designated areas.

You are reminded that spectators are not allowed on the field until players and officials have had an opportunity to

leave after the game.

Thank you for your attendance. Get ready to enjoy the special performances of the talented students from these

two fine schools.â€

So there are no rules against all the stuff we are complaining about, it is a matter of personal conviction.

So we are at the mercy of the ANNOUNCERS. :lol::lol::lol:

Well some whining has been done about announcers, taunting and cheering their team on during games. You know "getting the crowd involved", some people took offense to it at a couple of games. Someone mentioned UIL rules, so I looked it up. Evidently there are no rules governing the sportsmanship of the announcers.

I admit I was one of the whiners about Lumbertons announcer.

Well some whining has been done about announcers' date=' taunting and cheering their team on during games. You know "getting the crowd involved", some people took offense to it at a couple of games. Someone mentioned UIL rules, so I looked it up. Evidently there are no rules governing the sportsmanship of the announcers.

I admit I was one of the whiners about Lumbertons announcer.[/quote']

Just for the record, my "whinning" is not for taunting or cheering at all. My problem is with announcers, who have the best view of the field, calling plays before they unfold.

Well some whining has been done about announcers' date=' taunting and cheering their team on during games. You know "getting the crowd involved", some people took offense to it at a couple of games. Someone mentioned UIL rules, so I looked it up. Evidently there are no rules governing the sportsmanship of the announcers.

I admit I was one of the whiners about Lumbertons announcer.[/quote']

I remember hearing a commercial for a funeral home while attending a Jasper game in Dayton several years ago. That was a first. Wonder how much they had to pay to have that announcement made?

If you have ever been ON a field during the game' date=' you'd know that no one down there can hear what is being said on the PA. I know I can't, so the entire thing is irrelevant.....[/quote']

I think this all about the parent's....... wait it's supposed to be about the players :? Play Ball!

If you have ever been ON a field during the game' date=' you'd know that no one down there can hear what is being said on the PA. I know I can't, so the entire thing is irrelevant.....[/quote']

I've been ON the field more than you can fantasize about... so, yeah, your point IS irrelevant.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed