Lamar on Fox 4

[quote name="YG2009" post="790639" timestamp="1271352892"]Sounds like a great idea......I wonder why this has just became an option?[/QUOTE]

One of the local Beaumont stations used to do coverage of hoops...

[quote author=YG2009 link=topic=68653.msg790639#msg790639 date=1271352892]How many other schools in our conference have TV coverage like this?
[/quote]

Nicholls has their football games aired on tape delay on a local independent station in New Orleans.

McNeese has a similar deal - though their games may be live on the Lake Charles station, can not recall. SHSU has their games in several sports, showed on a tape-delay basis on the local TV in Huntsville. Obviously not the market side of Lake Charles or Beaumont.

Of course, Lamar is one of the few schools remaining in the league that does not webcast their sporting events - think the only ones who don't nowadays are Nicholls, SLU and Lamar. Local television is nice, but web casts are the bare minimum nowadays for legitimate Div I programs who are not controlled by TV contracts. Live stats and audio were the minimums of three years ago.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="790709" timestamp="1271361104"]

Of course, Lamar is one of the few schools remaining in the league that does not webcast their sporting events - think the only ones who don't nowadays are Nicholls, SLU and Lamar. Local television is nice, but web casts are the bare minimum nowadays for legitimate Div I programs who are not controlled by TV contracts. Live stats and audio were the minimums of three years ago.
[/quote]

I'm not sure you could come up with a worse idea for a fledgling football program trying to get people into the stadium.

[quote name="mffl" post="790738" timestamp="1271364258"]What sports are normally shown online? Maybe we will start with Football, but this TV contract suggests otherwise.[/quote]

The SLC schools that web stream games typically do football, basketball and baseball. I'm not sure how many of those are through videoboard feeds, since so many schools have added videoboard, but that's how it goes, I guess...

SHSU has done soccer and softball as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01