HF's Top 3 for AD

[quote name="Rizon" post="785856" timestamp="1270310698"]
Who are the top 3?
[/quote]

Not sure, just heard some grumblings this morning about whoever their top 3 are might take other positions elsewhere in Texas.  Busy weekend for the board I guess.  Maybe they'll have a golden egg waiting in the wings after all that will be great for that program and who will really WANT to be at Hamshire-Fannett.

[quote name="Rizon" post="785859" timestamp="1270311245"]
Well there were definately more than 3 qualified coaches for the position. I guess if the top three might be taking a job elsewhere, then HF isn't staying in house.
[/quote]

They need someone who cares about the kids at HF for sure!  Long ago, people who wanted to coach in a community toured the community, talked to realtors, and couldn't wait to make that community their home.  Nowadays, they just say, hey, if I get that head coaching job/AD job then that will look good on my resume or help me finish out my retirement. 

Good luck to the hiring team and good luck to the HF community who deserve only the best!

[quote name="old doc" post="785900" timestamp="1270330833"]
Who are the top 3 and how do you know that any one of them will not take the job.  If nobody knows who they are then how can you say they won't take the job.  That makes no sense what so ever.
[/quote]

I guess some know more than us, especially the three.  During the weekend before the presentation to the board, they have to know if all of the top 3 will accept.  They start with #1, which the supt. hopes the board will select too, then if not, #2, then #3. 

Just heard grumblings this morning that they are moving to #4 after getting a first clear indication the 3 would accept, but something changed their mind from Thursday til today. 

Whoever they choose, my stance is still the same...I hope it is someone who cares for the kids at HF.  They deserve only the best.

I guess we'll all see real soon.

This proves you can't believe everything you read.  Coach Mahaffey is one of the three going to the board Monday night.  He has proven he cares about the kids in HF and has told several parents that he would llike to have the job.  Ask the baseball parents about his dedication to the kids in HF.  He lives in the district and has a son in school here.  He obviously would care about the direction of  the program. 

How about we just put a little faith in the Administration and let them hire who they believe is the best person. No matter if you like him or not, whoever they hire will be the head coach, so you might as well give the guy a chance to do what he can, because I guarantee you whoever is hired will want the best for the kids at HF, and will want them to succeed.  I've never in my life heard of a guy that goes in trying to ruin a program (however, some guys programs don't always mesh at some places). I want to know if anyone has really heard of a guy with a mission to destroy a school's athletic program.

Let the administration do it's job, let the coach do his job, the parents need to do their job and support their kids and the teams the kids play on, and the kid's need to do their job and play their sport.  It's really not a hard concept and if you'll do this, you'll see how much better things will be.

[quote name="True Blue Mom" post="786270" timestamp="1270492124"]
faith - (n) 1.Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

[/quote]

Are you saying that you will have faith only if they hire the person you want or that you will faithfully support whoever is hired?

Neither were what I was saying.  However, I have supported every AD and will continue to do so with any future AD because to do otherwise would cause damage to the program and ultimately the students are the losers when that happens.  My concern has and always will be the welfare of the students and I firmly believe if everyone involved actually put the students' welfare first the rest would resolve itself.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23