*Crosby vs. BH Updates* Crosby Wins!!!!!!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="785454" timestamp="1270178191"]
Wow, who came thru for Crosby in the clutch?
[/quote]

Not sure. Getting my updates from a friend at BH. (Yes, I do have friends in BH ;D)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="785457" timestamp="1270178340"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=68097.msg785454#msg785454 date=1270178191]
Wow, who came thru for Crosby in the clutch?
[/quote]

Not sure. Getting my updates from a friend at BH. (Yes, I do have friends in BH ;D)
[/quote]Gabby single......wild pitch pick off....Hebert single to right..... Upshaw double.....Russle double off wall......
Good Game Coogs.... way to over come all odds again!!!!!

Guest gwmcdona
High School coaches continue to amaze me. Why you suppose coaches continue over and over  go to the well one too many times? Sometimes a pitching change is good after about the fifth time  a line up has seen you. I suppose that's why they are High School coaches? Heck we have had the ace of the staff suffer two losses in one district week by the use of this mentality.

Guest GCMPats
[size=12pt]3-run 7th lifts Coogs by BH[/size]

By Jacob Dauzat
Correspondent
Published April 2, 2010

MONT BELVIEU – Crosby kept its district record perfect – and that of pitcher Jeremy Gabryszwski against Barbers Hill – but needed a three-run rally in the seventh to do it.

Billy Upshaw and James Rachel both slugged doubles to set the pace as the Cougars came from 4-3 behind to a 6-4 win over the Eagles Thursday night.

The win lifts Crosby to 6-0 in District 19-4A and drops Barbers Hill to 2-4. Gabryszwski is now 4-0 in the past two years against the Eagles.

The tall junior gave up five hits and four runs while striking out six Thursday night.

“My kids have that never quit attitude,” Crosby coach Chris Wiggins said. “They never gave up against some good pitching by Barbers Hill.”

Kyle Leggett took the loss for the Eagles, allowing only five hits while striking out six.

Rachel led Crosby hitters with a 2-for-4 night that included one run knocked in. Tyler Lyday swung the big stick for the Eagles, picking up two hits and two RBIs.

Barbers Hill opened up the game with a three-run rally in the bottom of the first inning, but the Cougars pushed across three runs in the top of the third to tie.

The Eagles went up 4-3 in the fourth inning.

“Crosby is a seasoned, veteran team,” Barbers Hill coach Gil Stalbaum said. “They stayed confident. Now the job for us is to shake this off and get back on the winning track Tuesday against North Forest.”

There is nothing wrong with being a High School coach and to be a Head High School Coach in any sport is a pretty big accomplishment in my book.    I do agree that after the 1st out in the 7th we should have made a change, Leggett pitched his heart out and proved he is one of the top pitchers in the district by keeping a 16-2 team in check for 6 innings, but we had a top pitcher released that was ready to go and only had to come in and get two outs, but if we get those outs with Leggett we are talking what great coaching we have by letting him stay in, we just need to find a way to finish the 7th inning strong.  Great game. One thing is for sure, if BH is playing no matter who it is, it will be a close one.

[ [quote name="BH0088" post="785533" timestamp="1270214447"]
  There is nothing wrong with being a High School coach and to be a Head High School Coach in any sport is a pretty big accomplishment in my book.    I do agree that after the 1st out in the 7th we should have made a change, Leggett pitched his heart out and proved he is one of the top pitchers in the district by keeping a 16-2 team in check for 6 innings, but we had a top pitcher released that was ready to go and only had to come in and get two outs, but if we get those outs with Leggett we are talking what great coaching we have by letting him stay in, we just need to find a way to finish the 7th inning strong.  Great game. One thing is for sure, if BH is playing no matter who it is, it will be a close one.
[/quote]The only bad thing is that close games don't get W's unfortunately.Second half of the season should be interesting in the playoff race.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124