*Ex-Barbers Hill coach Price applies for H-F post/LIST POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Glad19" post="780807" timestamp="1269377360"]
[b]Many mothers out there have a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other and believe that they can coach better than the coach[/b]. Parents who refuse to allow their kid to be disciplined or put through a little hard work coupled with an incompetent school board make that district a disaster in the making. All of those coaches that applied should seriously reconsider.
[/quote]

Whoever came "to the defense of my friend".

I sure hope you come to the defense of your wife.

Just kidding.  Thay may be my wife (exept the cigarette.)

[quote name="Dav-J" post="780823" timestamp="1269378336"]
[quote author=Glad19 link=topic=67631.msg780807#msg780807 date=1269377360]
[b]Many mothers out there have a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other and believe that they can coach better than the coach[/b]. Parents who refuse to allow their kid to be disciplined or put through a little hard work coupled with an incompetent school board make that district a disaster in the making. All of those coaches that applied should seriously reconsider.
[/quote]

Whoever came "to the defense of my friend".

I sure hope you come to the defense of your wife.

Just kidding.  Thay may be my wife (exept the cigarette.)
[/quote] [glow=red,2,300]5 out of 4 people have difficulty with fractions.[/glow]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="780814" timestamp="1269377805"]
[font=Courier]Of the 5 names I have heard, 2 may surprise. [/font]
[/quote]

The only 2 surprise finalists I could see for the HF AD position, would be Coach Andre Boutte or
Les koening Jr.

[quote name="Dav-J" post="780845" timestamp="1269380158"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=67631.msg780814#msg780814 date=1269377805]
[font=Courier]Of the 5 names I have heard, 2 may surprise. [/font]
[/quote]

The only 2 surprise finalists I could see for the HF AD position, would be Coach Andre Boutte or
Les koening Jr.
[/quote] :D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="780806" timestamp="1269377302"]
[quote author=Dav-J link=topic=67631.msg780714#msg780714 date=1269366740]
[quote author=RatedRSuperstar link=topic=67631.msg780656#msg780656 date=1269360074]
Exactly how would you determine if you were the worlds toughest man and greatest athlete?  Defeat all of the MMA champions? Beat all of the olympic champions in their events? [b]Maybe eat a can of spam with no bread or crackers?[/b] :D
[/quote]

A gallon of mustard and a can of spam... oh yeah!

Rob Powell is self proclaimed world's greatest athlete etc, but that is what may be needed to control those meddling HF parents. Heck there is one poster on the basketball board who is a train wreck waiting to happen in 2012(jmho). Hamshire Fannett (LaBelle and Cheek) needs Rob Powell. His website is:

www.worldfitnesschampion.net

[/quote] It's 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 :P  :P

[/quote]

Sorry but my calendar stops at 2012. (12-21-2012)
That would be checkmate Mr. Chessman.  :)

Billy Tilton may have been brought in by Mangan, but he was at HF under Tarver in the 1990's.  When he left for Deweyville, many on campus and in the community wanted him to be the AD/HC and give Tarver the boot.  Everybody knew what we were losing.  Now he is back, and I think he would be an excellent choice to restore the winning tradition at HF.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="780848" timestamp="1269380227"]
[font=Courier]Would anyone have a problem with promoting within?[/font]
[/quote]i was coached by the one that they hired last year and he was a runner up behind Paul Walker when he got the job and i hope they do hire within

[quote name="HFLONGHORN" post="780903" timestamp="1269389278"]
Billy Tilton may have been brought in by Mangan, but he was at HF under Tarver in the 1990's.  When he left for Deweyville, many on campus and in the community wanted him to be the AD/HC and give Tarver the boot.  Everybody knew what we were losing.  Now he is back, and I think he would be an excellent choice to restore the winning tradition at HF.
[/quote]you are so right with this statment he is a great coah and will get the kids and young men were they need to be

[quote name="HORNS R #1" post="781010" timestamp="1269395889"]
[quote author=HFLONGHORN link=topic=67631.msg780903#msg780903 date=1269389278]
[/quote]you are so right with this statment he is a great coah and will get the kids and young men were they need to be
[/quote]

He's an excellent coach, an excellent teacher, and one hell of a good man.  He knows how it used to be, and has what it takes to get it back.  Nobody on that list understands the history and tradition of the school better than he does.  He would be very well accepted by the students and the community.

The advantage in hiring either Mahaffey or Tilton is that they cannot be lied to by the school board or administration like the previous two AD's were. They know the situation and are going in with their eyes wide open. Unlike all of these other unsuspecting applicants.

Come on guys and gals it wil never be the way it used to be. There is no more of the old HF teams. Time to say "team of the future" or "team of now" not " the old HF". You guys need to take a lesson from PNG last season and update to a fresh staff and make a new HF football program. Time to make some new memories.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="781209" timestamp="1269436700"]
Come on guys and gals it wil never be the way it used to be. There is no more of the old HF teams. Time to say "team of the future" or "team of now" not " the old HF". You guys need to take a lesson from PNG last season and update to a fresh staff and make a new HF football program. Time to make some new memories.
[/quote]

Wisest thing said on this thread

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="781214" timestamp="1269436884"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=67631.msg781209#msg781209 date=1269436700]
[/quote]

Wisest thing said on this thread
[/quote]I was of the "OLD HF MENTALITY" but have changed my stance. I agree with you it is time for HF to hitch their wagon to an upcoming Star, and make some new memories.

[quote name="RatedRSuperstar" post="780613" timestamp="1269354953"]
This will be Price's job if he wants it. Hands down and running away. And if that happens, there will be some u-haul rentals in the HF area real quick.
[/quote]

Yes, from people leaving town to get away.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="781333" timestamp="1269448508"]
[quote author=RatedRSuperstar link=topic=67631.msg780613#msg780613 date=1269354953]
This will be Price's job if he wants it. Hands down and running away. And if that happens, there will be some u-haul rentals in the HF area real quick.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Boy you must really be jealous of Don Price.  We haven't heard from you in months and you show up to say something negative about this man as he tries to get another job!  You and your school board buddies ran him out of town...you got your wish, now leave him alone.  As your kids go 2-8 next year trying to learn how to get along without him, you better hope he doesn't turn the HF program around quickly or you are going to look really foolish. 

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="781340" timestamp="1269449029"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=67631.msg781333#msg781333 date=1269448508]
[quote author=RatedRSuperstar link=topic=67631.msg780613#msg780613 date=1269354953]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Boy you must really be jealous of Don Price.  We haven't heard from you in months and you show up to say something negative about this man as he tries to get another job!  You and your school board buddies ran him out of town...you got your wish, now leave him alone.  As your kids go 2-8 next year trying to learn how to get along without him, you better hope he doesn't turn the HF program around quickly or you are going to look really foolish. 
[/quote]

Jody, I mean bh89-2, can't help it because he has no class.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83