Lamar Baseball

Guest baseball25
I said the southland is a two bid noW that means each and every yr southland should get two teams to regionals bec th conf is respectful conf in the nation nowwww, lumberton hs, hold the record for most hrs in a yr and career and have the rEcord for best era in a yr, played at Galveston jc named top 100 best players In stateof Texas for area code games going into my sr yr, went to Texas a&m corpus Christi, last 2 yrs. Been around the game all of my life and and my cousin pitches for the Boston red sox, I know the game of baseball very well, I'm speaking my opinion on Lamar baseball and I feel that lamar needs to bring back some life to this program and swagger, gilligAn time has gone, he was a heck of a coach but your time comes, and there is nothing wrong with that it's just life, I know life isn't fair but you just got to deal with, people in this world these days need to be more realistic but they aren't, I'm just being real.

[quote name="baseball25" post="782920" timestamp="1269689606"]
I said the southland is a two bid noW that means each and every yr southland should get two teams to regionals bec th conf is respectful conf in the nation nowwww, lumberton hs, hold the record for most hrs in a yr and career and have the rEcord for best era in a yr, [b]played at Galveston jc named top 100 best players In stateof Texas for area code games going into my sr yr, went to Texas a&m corpus Christi, last 2 yrs. Been around the game all of my life and and my cousin pitches for the Boston red sox,[/b] I know the game of baseball very well, I'm speaking my opinion on Lamar baseball and I feel that lamar needs to bring back some life to this program and swagger, gilligAn time has gone, he was a heck of a coach but your time comes, and there is nothing wrong with that it's just life, I know life isn't fair but you just got to deal with, people in this world these days need to be more realistic but they aren't, I'm just being real.
[/quote]

There's your answers everyone! He's a snot nose Lumberton kid who's stuck up on himself, that feels he must name-drop to feel he's important, and apparently MAD at Gilligan because he was not good enough to play for Lamar.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Pirate88" post="782940" timestamp="1269695158"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=67619.msg782920#msg782920 date=1269689606]
I said the southland is a two bid noW that means each and every yr southland should get two teams to regionals bec th conf is respectful conf in the nation nowwww, lumberton hs, hold the record for most hrs in a yr and career and have the rEcord for best era in a yr, [b]played at Galveston jc named top 100 best players In stateof Texas for area code games going into my sr yr, went to Texas a&m corpus Christi, last 2 yrs. Been around the game all of my life and and my cousin pitches for the Boston red sox,[/b] I know the game of baseball very well, I'm speaking my opinion on Lamar baseball and I feel that lamar needs to bring back some life to this program and swagger, gilligAn time has gone, he was a heck of a coach but your time comes, and there is nothing wrong with that it's just life, I know life isn't fair but you just got to deal with, people in this world these days need to be more realistic but they aren't, I'm just being real.
[/quote]

There's your answers everyone! He's a snot nose Lumberton kid who's stuck up on himself, that feels he must name-drop to feel he's important, and apparently MAD at Gilligan because he was not good enough to play for Lamar.
[/quote]

And doesn't mind basking in Clay's glory, either!

Guest baseball25
No doubt, I helped him get there nd working are butts off every day and weekend for him to get to that level, it was either going to be me or him get to that level so I am happy he's there.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="baseball25" post="782978" timestamp="1269701505"]
No doubt, I helped him get there nd working are butts off every day and weekend for him to get to that level, it was either going to be me or him get to that level so I am happy he's there.
[/quote]

Thanks for the smite, Big Guy.  Goes to show your weakness of character - but that pretty much shows with each post you make.  Wait another 55 minutes and smite me again.  And then wait an hour and do it again.  Apparently since you are not in the big leagues you have nothing else to do.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="782974" timestamp="1269700809"]
[quote author=Pirate88 link=topic=67619.msg782940#msg782940 date=1269695158]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=67619.msg782920#msg782920 date=1269689606]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys don't realize if it wasn't for injuries he would've beat Clay to the pros, and there would be two pro ball players in the same family. Everyone knows I'm from Lumberton, and you can call me a snotty nosed kid all you want but I'm going to defend him because I actually know him unlike ya'll. He DOESN'T hate Lamar or Coach G, or he wouldn't be wasting his time on this board. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he pitched against Lamar SEVERAL times and won.. So you can't say he wasn't good enough to play there. He had Big 12 offers too.. Too far from home. So quit saying he hates Gilligan and wasn't good enough to play for Lamar. I don't see how you guys don't realize all he's saying is if Lamar plays a stronger preseason schedule it will make THEM look better and make THEM more prepared for conference. He's not saying they suck or he hates them.. Get off it.

[quote name="baseball25" post="782920" timestamp="1269689606"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys don't realize if it wasn't for injuries he would've beat Clay to the pros, and there would be two pro ball players in the same family. Everyone knows I'm from Lumberton, and you can call me a snotty nosed kid all you want but I'm going to defend him because I actually know him unlike ya'll. He DOESN'T hate Lamar or Coach G, or he wouldn't be wasting his time on this board. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he pitched against Lamar SEVERAL times and won.. So you can't say he wasn't good enough to play there. He had Big 12 offers too.. Too far from home. So quit saying he hates Gilligan and wasn't good enough to play for Lamar. I don't see how you guys don't realize all he's saying is if Lamar plays a stronger preseason schedule it will make THEM look better and make THEM more prepared for conference. He's not saying they suck or he hates them.. Get off it.
[/quote]

OK, I know know who Baseball25 is and I am pretty sure who AJ25 is....not that it really matters, but it does help me understand where he is coming from.  I have known this family since before Baseball 25 was a snot nose kid -lol.  I know there is history between G and his oldest brother.  So I know why maybe his bitterness toward G shows a little in his post.  Yes BB25 I once again state that Southland Conf. has been a 2 team conf. for the past decade.  It has been shown a lot of respect especially in the early part of this decade.  Yes LU had a good team when Millar, Gafford, Green, Aven,  But they have had good teams since then.  The 2003 team fell just short of beating Texas in the if game to go to a super-regional.  Yes BB25 was a very talented player  both offensively as a batter and a very good pitcher who was hampered with injuries.  (AJ25 - you stand corrected.  He took the loss to LU in 05 in Bmt and if my memory serves me right he did not pitch when LU played them in CC. that year.  He did not pitch in the game we won down there and I know he did not get the win in that game..)  I find it very interesting that BB25 you do not come to the games, and can be assured you do not watch them practice.  So therefore you can not judge this teams chemisty or if they have swagger by reading the Box scores and articles about the won-losses. Every program has their ups and downs.  even Texas, A&M, Rice, U of H, Nebraska, LSU and even Lamar.  Recruiting has been good and we have some talent.  My wish is that we talk about the individual games past and ones coming up.  Oh and as far as name dropping..  nothing wrong with that.  I am proud to be a friend of Clays and is cousin was every bit as good.  I am proud to be related to a few current and ex Big Leaguers myself!!!

BTW- BB25 thanks for the positive on the posting for todays game.  Anytime you want to come out and watch let me know.  I have plenty of tickets....Yell that lovely wife hello, I have not talked to her in ages.  And I see you have a future Softball player and a baseball player....Congrats/  Also heard Clay is going to have a softball player too......

Guest baseball25
I have already said gilligan is a good coach and heck of a pitching coach, but I just believe there is a time that a coach is done and I believe is time has come, there is nothing wrong with, btw I did pitch when they came to corpus too when we won that game but this isn't about that, this is about Lamar program getting back on track and moving upwards, lsu,aggies, look what there doing now since they got a new head coaches there doing veryyyyy good,
everyone on here thinks I hate Lamar and I don't, I got my opinion and  i'm sticking to it, I have been to 2 Lamar games this yr I don't go often but the atmosphere, the culture, and lamar's swagger isn't there anymore, and there is one person to blame and that's it. There is a reason they haven't been to a regional in a while, but to be honest I hope they go on a 15 game winning streak and get back on track, but I just feel gilligan time is knocking, also the major league grill was very good. I guess Lamars expectations are just make it to the conf tourney and we will be happy, I rem the days where if they don't make it to regionals then that's a dissapointing seasons, but when u think like that your program is getting no where.

OK, I except that you have your right to your opinion and I guess we have to agree to disagree....No talk of religion, politics or Gilligan...lol  Yes I did think that you pitched but when I tried to find the box score of that game could not find it just who got the win for CC.  When I found out it was you I had to laugh because the first thing I though of was when Will was a freshman at Kelly and pitched against you at the Lumberton tournament.  You hit a homerun off of him. I think you were either the first or second batter he had ever faced in HS. And when he got his homerun off you it was sweet. lol.  Thank for the shout out about MLG.  When did you go?  Will is working there as a manager and really is having fun...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont